Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2016, 12:46 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,928,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Looks to be about 20 stories. I like the simplicity of the design.

Although I like the news, I can't help but wonder where the residents will park. Probably should have put it about 3 blocks to the east. More room and you don't have to demolish a building to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 12:00 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,850,533 times
I hope to see more thin simple towers like this downtown. The only thing I ever wanted was for Fort Worth to have more vertical growth. That building fits in well with the surrounding buildings. The cool thing about Fort Worth is its towers do no not necessarily have to be flashy.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
I hope to see more thin simple towers like this downtown. The only thing I ever wanted was for Fort Worth to have more vertical growth. That building fits in well with the surrounding buildings. The cool thing about Fort Worth is its towers do no not necessarily have to be flashy.
True.

One thing I want to happen is more of the open lots near the ITC to be built up, but I know that won't happen until Commerce is straightened and the Convention Center expands.

I also want the Upper Westside to be more urbanized.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:44 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,850,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
True.

One thing I want to happen is more of the open lots near the ITC to be built up, but I know that won't happen until Commerce is straightened and the Convention Center expands.

I also want the Upper Westside to be more urbanized.
Agreed. Upper Westside needs to be urbanized and that suburban Apartment complex needs to go ASAP and should be replaced with a major mixuse development. It's no room for that type of development near the heart of Fort Worth core.

Old 04-23-2016, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Agreed. Upper Westside needs to be urbanized and that suburban Apartment complex needs to go ASAP and should be replaced with a major mixuse development. It's no room for that type of development near the heart of Fort Worth core.
Yeah, all of those current apartments were built during a time where the only real focus for rebuilding downtown was Sundance Square. It was the late 90s and it was just starting to really kick off.

You're starting to see it change now with a few of these latest projects... the expansion of Terrace with it's two latest towers, building a 3 story bank on the corner of 30 & Summit, and two new 4-7 story apartments, one right next to Pier 1 Tower and another replacing the old ACH Child & Family Services campus.

Just have to give it time and eventually, those apartments will be replaced with buildings that match what's going on Lancaster, Near Southside, even Uptown Dallas in a smaller scale.

Old 04-25-2016, 11:36 AM

Default Residential News

- Hampton Apartments in Rock Island

- Aristan Apartments on E. Weatherford (where the old Airporter used to be)

- Magnolia @ Rosedale

No info or design. But here's the company's website: Magnolia Properties

- Garvey House Apartments (not official name)

current view of the Victorian home on Samuels Ave.

Last edited by JJG; 04-25-2016 at 11:51 AM..

Old 05-10-2016, 11:44 AM

"The Scenic" on Riverside:

Render

Map

From the Star-Telegram
Quote:
More than two years after Dallas-based Criterion Property Co. began buying land above Oakhurst Scenic Drive just northeast of downtown, the developer on Wednesday revealed plans for the 276-unit The Scenic Residences at River East.

City, neighborhood and elected officials joined Criterion representatives, including its president, Pretlow Riddick, for a ceremonial groundbreaking at the 20-acre site on a bluff above the Trinity River and Riverside Park.

The project’s first phase will take in about 13 acres with a view to the west of downtown beyond the river.

The development will have 19 buildings and include apartments, boutique manor houses and town homes, Criterion said. The buildings will total 375,000 square feet, with three-story apartment buildings and two-story town homes.

The project will include a linear park connecting Embrey Place to Bird Street, Criterion said.

The first units will be ready next spring, with all construction completed by the end of 2017, the developer said.

The project will receive some incentives from the city, such as fee waivers, because it is being built in a neighborhood empowerment zone.

Brandon Hancock, Criterion’s development manager for Texas, called said The Scenic “an authentic urban lifestyle.”

“And it is only going to get better with the pedestrian and bike friendly improvements coming to nearby Race Street by the time our first residents are moving in,” he said. “They will be minutes from one of the most walkable commercial cores in the DFW area.”

Old 05-11-2016, 12:22 PM

286 posts, read 383,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
"The Scenic" on Riverside:

Render

Map

From the Star-Telegram

This makes me very happy, Riverside has TONS of potential. And to be frank, I think it has some of the best views of Fort Worth. I remember many years ago when land and houses were dirt cheap. The prices have since increased a lot lol.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:52 PM

"Left Bank" has a grocery store. And it's *drum roll* TOM THUMB.

...I know what you're thinking, but it's going to be urbanized and will feature a Starbucks... as if there isn't one directly across the railroad tracks.

Rendering

Star-Telegram article
Quote:
Tom Thumb will open a new urban concept store in the Left Bank residential and retail development along West Seventh Street across from Trinity Park by the end of 2016 or early 2017, the grocer’s regional president said Monday.

The Left Bank store will be the first location in Texas for the new concept, Bassler said.

Supermarket executives were joined by officials from developer West Miller, Centergy Retail and the city of Fort Worth to herald the start of construction on the 53,000-square-foot store that will include a wine-and-beer bar, and organic and gluten-free sections.

The Left Bank project is west of the Trinity River and on the north side of West Seventh Street, just east of the Fort Worth & Western Railroad tracks and Montgomery Plaza. At the site, a parking garage is nearing completion for 600 apartments that will be built there.

Tom Thumb will anchor about 110,000 square feet of retail space that will built along West Seventh. A 200-room ultra-luxury Valencia Hotel is planned for the 34-acre project, expected to open in 2018. The development is also expected to have a public square and a promenade on the river levee.

The $300 million Left Bank development will serve as a bridge between the central business district and the Cultural District and add to the bustling West Seventh corridor of residences, shops and restaurants, officials said.

Atlanta-based Wood Partners is building Alta Flats at Leftbank and Alta Lofts at Leftbank. The units are slated to be done in fall 2017.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:00 PM

Default Construction Updates

Pinnacle Bank Place (Lancaster Corridor)

400 S. Jennings (Near Southside)

Frost Tower (downtown)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth