Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 09:18 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campeador View Post
Of course, but that's not what I wrote. When Kdog817 expressed the idea that it would be nice to add a beach for easy access to the water, it seemed logical to raise the water quality issue.

Furthermore, there's a whole spectrum between "sparkling mass of clean water" and hazardous to human health. I would be very interested to hear from informed parties about what the plan is to improve the water quality and I very much hope that this is a part of the plan. Merely having floodgates won't solve the matter, I'm afraid.
Here is some info about sort of how they will go about making sure the Panther island development has good water quality.

https://www.freese.com/resources/cle...quality-vision
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2016, 04:35 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
It's been under construction for about a year and a half now...

Which part, I know some of the bridges were getting their upgrades. Any of the river construction/diversion?

Old 01-17-2016, 04:22 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Which part, I know some of the bridges were getting their upgrades. Any of the river construction/diversion?
Most of the bypass has been dug, one of the roundabouts is complete.

You already know about the bridges.

Old 01-17-2016, 04:50 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,642 times
Quote:
Most of the bypass has been dug
Yeah, that's not really all that accurate. The bridges are being built over dry land because the bypass will be built after they are complete: Bypass channel project enters final design stage

There's a lot of work going on north of the river on the east side between Riverside and Beach. The flood water retention area being built will be used to expand Gateway Park.

Old 01-17-2016, 07:11 PM

Default Convention Center expansion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb303 View Post
Yeah, that's not really all that accurate. The bridges are being built over dry land because the bypass will be built after they are complete: Bypass channel project enters final design stage

There's a lot of work going on north of the river on the east side between Riverside and Beach. The flood water retention area being built will be used to expand Gateway Park.
Well yeah, I did mean to say the bridges are being built over dry land, but they've started already.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other future news, this is what the Convention Center is supposed to look like within a few years after they get rid of "the UFO", an arena so outdated, it's not even good enough for WWE Raw anymore.

As you can see, Commerce will be straightened, there are plans to add a restaurant on the corner of 9th and Commerce, and apparently thoughts of a balcony added to the Main Street end... but that last part is just suggestion at the moment.

Old 01-18-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Well yeah, I did mean to say the bridges are being built over dry land, but they've started already.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other future news, this is what the Convention Center is supposed to look like within a few years after they get rid of "the UFO", an arena so outdated, it's not even good enough for WWE Raw anymore.

As you can see, Commerce will be straightened, there are plans to add a restaurant on the corner of 9th and Commerce, and apparently thoughts of a balcony added to the Main Street end... but that last part is just suggestion at the moment.

Fort Worth gets a A+ for Convention Center. Fort Worth has often times IMO under built structures and just point blank been too conservative with development for a city of its size but we definitely will have a big boy convention center in a couple years that is just right for a city of our size. I am very much looking forward to the renderings of the second convention center hotel.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:36 PM

From looking at the map the northern and western portions of downtown will probably be the areas of downtown to see the most vertical growth in the coming years due to its proximity to the river and Panther Island. I envision uptown Dallas type of growth with mid and low rises development on the Panther Island development itself. I see mid to high rise development occurring on the western and Northern portions of downtown.

Old 01-21-2016, 02:49 PM

Of course we won't see anything happen with the Convention Center until (1.) Commerce is straightened and (2.) the new arena is built.

Old 01-21-2016, 03:03 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,315,642 times
There's plenty of work that has to happen with the convention center before Commerce is straightened. The east annex is standing in the way.

Old 01-21-2016, 04:54 PM

Trinity River Vision lands 200 unit multifamily project. I am praying this development is urban in nature. From my understanding the building code is strict for the Panther Island development.

http://m.fortworthbusiness.com/news/....html?mode=jqm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth