Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 12:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,526 times

Advertisements

Will be relocating to Ft Myers area in about 6 months. Any suggestions on where the best areas are to concentrate my search. (can be 45 miles N or S of Ft Myers.) No children so that isn't a consideration. Will be renting and would like to find something in a nice area. Thanks in advance for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:08 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,220,471 times
Question Extended Stay Hotels!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clwtrbchgrl View Post
Will be relocating to Ft Myers area in about 6 months. Any suggestions on where the best areas are to concentrate my search. (can be 45 miles N or S of Ft Myers.) No children so that isn't a consideration. Will be renting and would like to find something in a nice area. Thanks in advance for any help!
If you don't know the area...try and find an extended stay hotel...they offer kitchens/extra room/closets and this way...you can take your time looking...and hopefully find a place you like......for there is nothing worse than signing on the dotted line for a year or more...only to find out that you hate the area you selected......

If you are relocating for work...try the Human Resourses Manager...or your new fellow employee's...if you are lucky enough to be retiring...then you should definately take your time...for then you will be there...24/7......

Old 09-10-2008, 08:30 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,286,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clwtrbchgrl View Post
make sure you check out Paseo which is just the other side of the freeway from the Airport off of Daniels, especially if you are a runner/tennis/pool person rather than a golfer/beach person.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:23 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,030,462 times
If you are renting a house make sure the house is not in forclosure or getting ready to go into forclosure. Many desperate owners who don't care much about you.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,780,777 times
Stay away from anything north of Colonial, anything that says MLK blvd area, palm beach blvd area, dunbar, harlem heights... Basically anthing along McGregor Blvd is great, Iona Rd. area SW Fort Myers. Daniels is good as another post said.

And do watch out for foreclosure rentals as another said too....

Old 09-14-2008, 11:34 AM

66 posts, read 216,750 times
I like Cape Coral (obviously). I rent through Miloff Aubuchon Realty, so even though the owners are out of state a good reputable company manages everything and fixes anything. They have online postings of available property and lawn care is generally includes for the single family homes: Cape Coral Rental Homes - Annual and Long Term

I rent through them and have no problems. Research crime and other statistics before deciding an area. I really like the Cape, but it too is huge and there is a lot of choice in where to live.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:37 AM

7 posts, read 26,075 times
check out reflection isles..located on palamino. It is on west side of I-75. Better location same or better sf prices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area