Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 PM

11 posts, read 33,898 times

Advertisements

I am going to be relocating to the fort myers area for a job offer. I have read many different things about the area. I have 4 children between the ages of 3 and 14. we are looking for a predominately white area with good schools and low crime, any suggestions?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:20 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,467 times
I think you should remove the racial content.

can you afford private schooling?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:25 PM

I don't think that is a racial comment. I am not prejudice, but I want to live in a neighborhood with people of the same culture.
As far as being able to afford private schools, what do private schools in the area cost?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:27 PM

kroean, why do you think that paseo is the best place to live?

Old 12-13-2009, 02:41 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,283,467 times
the white comment will likely get the thread pulled once the moderator reads it.

partly, I put the Paseo thing in my status as a way to poke fun at forum friends who were teasing me about my endless and shameless promotion of my neighbourhood.

Daniels at Trail is a kinda focal point for the region, good access to beaches, downtown, airport, malls, the northern fringe of the safe area that runs down to Marco. Paseo is about 5 minutes east of there....very very safe, at the end of series of deadends in a gated community surrounded by slough (everglades)

Kids knock at your door after dark fund raising for school...something that would never happen in my northern super safe neighbourhood and bomb around on electric carts.

check out the mls aftermarket for units below retail, otherwise google paseo fort myers. You can also rent for 1200/mo annual lease for townhouses.

the facilities are built for the multimillionaires going into phase II across the bridge...but us regular folks get to use them as well.

this is not a golf cummunity, think tennis and bocci ball

tikki bar at sunset beside the big pool

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Randall/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-14.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by kroeran; 12-13-2009 at 03:17 PM..

Old 12-13-2009, 02:50 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
I don't know. He might not want to live next to you, a non-American.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
This same type of comment was made on the Atlanta board and I defended the poster who wrote it. He's just being honest, whether we like it or not.

If a Black person wrote that he wants to be around a lot of Black people, nobody would think twice about it. If a person said he wanted to live in an area where there are other Mexican families, would that be racist? From what I can see, he didn't say "no Black people." I don't like the way the OP was phrased and it sounds bigoted, but this is a message board and we need to just answer the question.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 PM

317 posts, read 772,311 times
I'm in agreement with JustNancy - I'm not racist, but I don't want to live in Harlem.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantparsley View Post
kroean, why do you think that paseo is the best place to live?
Because he lives there and most of his posts promote the community.

You didn't mention what you plan to spend on housing. That is very important as I'm sure you already know. Since you have 4 children, I assume you need a big house, 4 or 5 bedrooms. I'm not sure if there are any 5 bedroom homes in Paseo, but you'll be paying close to $500,000 for one in that community. The only 4 bedroom on the market is currently listed for $489,000. Kroeran owns a townhouse, not what I'd recommend for a family of 6, although it's a very nice community.

In addition to Paseo, a couple of very nice communities are Devonwood, Blackhawk and Belle Meade to name a few. Without knowing what your price range is, it is impossible to make any recommendations.

Gateway is another nice place to live. It's a 3,000 acre master planned community with about 30 neighborhoods with single family homes priced from the high $100,000s to over $800,000.

Estero has some very beautiful communities. Again, without knowing what you desire (size of home, lot size, price) it's next to impossible to make recommendations.

There are many threads about communities in Fort Myers. I suggest you use the search feature and read some of them.

By the way, I want to add that if you really meant you don't want neighbors who are Black or Hispanic, then you are a bigot and should be ashamed. However, if you were just saying you don't want to live in a neighborhood that the politically correct call "multi-cultural" then I can understand your point of view, being new to the area. Personally, I like cultural diversity, but I also realize we don't live in a perfect world.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:43 PM

76 posts, read 227,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
By the way, I want to add that if you really meant you don't want neighbors who are Black or Hispanic, then you are a bigot and should be ashamed.
That's one of the silliest things I've ever read.

He should be "ashamed"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area