Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 14,138 times

Advertisements

Believe it or not I am still trying to get them to do something about the car. I did have it checked out by another dealer and they lifted it up and checked for any flooding signs.They pulled the carpet too. They didn't find anything that points to signs. They found a few things though. They noticed it had been hit in the front and back bumper areas. A plug had been removed from the bottom of the car. Their about four to six of them and they remove them to drain the car in a flod situation. They don't feel like that was a big problem. The engine does sound strange. It is making a whining sound that points to tranmission pump or steering wheel pump. The steering wheel pump. They didn't order the mirror that is missing from the passenger side either like they were suppose too. They won't call me back when I leave messages so I have to call constantly. I am driving the car up there to the dealership I bought it at, (another city) to have it looked out for engine noise and mirror fixed too. They are waiting for the 30 certification policy to run out and I know that so I will not let that happen. I am going to take it by a local mechanic shop to get their opinion on the noise too. At least the flood might not be an issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 03:59 PM

6,987 posts, read 22,021,913 times
What ever happened to the "Certified Used Cars Motto"?. Seems to me like a merry go around. In my shoes it would have been a PICKET from day one. The 1st Ammendment speaks wonders if any wrong is to be righted. Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Ford and Lincoln