Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2008, 07:29 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,708,462 times

Advertisements

Oh finally I am fixing something worthy of posting here again.

Tonight we are having summer steak salad, bake potato, fresh fruit and hawaiian bread. It's just too darn hot to do much else around here.

Those ideas for the turkey sound down right yummy. I might have to try some of them, love turkey but never got any cutlets....

Old 07-22-2008, 07:52 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,283,659 times
Thank you so much, MM and Nomadicus. (No worries. You were probably multitasking like the rest of us do )

Here is a recipe for scallopini:

2 chicken, veal or turkey cutlets, sliced very thin (which will make 4 cutlets total)
4 Tbsp. all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. white wine
1 Tbsp. minced, fresh parsley
3 Tbsp. butter
1/2 lb. mushrooms, thinly sliced OR 1/2 lb. thinly sliced onions and green pepper

Slice meat very thin. Rinse. Dredge both sides in flour. In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter and oil. Add meat and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.

Add mushrooms (or onions & peppers) to skillet. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Spoon over meat. Stir wine and broth into skillet, stirring up any browned bits. Add parsley and remaining butter; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Pour over meat and mushrooms (or onions and peppers).

I forgot to add the seasoning. I usually use minced garlic (approx. 2 tsp.) and some ground pepper. I am not a fan of adding salt to food, but most others would probably do so.

Last edited by CheyDee; 07-22-2008 at 08:13 AM.. Reason: Forgot the seasoning

Old 07-22-2008, 08:39 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,283,659 times
Ooooh! I just found a recipe for "Turkey cutlets with a ground pecan and Parmesan coating."

Pecan Turkey Recipe - Recipe for Pecan Turkey with Parmesan and Turkey Cutlets

I will have to buy turkey cutlets this week!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:47 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
Chey-you're going to fit right in here!!!!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM

48,534 posts, read 22,157,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Ooooh! I just found a recipe for "Turkey cutlets with a ground pecan and Parmesan coating."

Pecan Turkey Recipe - Recipe for Pecan Turkey with Parmesan and Turkey Cutlets

I will have to buy turkey cutlets this week!
I think I like your scallopini recipe better than this one....I don't see myself grinding pecans...LOL...I don't know why....but I don't at least not for my partner and myself.....sounds too fancy.....especially since he really doesnt like sauces very much and likes things pretty simple and identifiable....

the scallopini sounds good, and even if I don't do it.....having read it...it frees me up to go into the kitchen and not let a couple of cutlets intimidate me. I may bake some corn bread in case the cornbread stuffing idea takes hold of me. Plenty of time to roll these ideas around.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:48 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,979,775 times
Welcome Caroline and CheyDee!

Good morning everyone! I have chicken cutlets tonight - don't know how or with what yet LOL. Probably rice and broccoli. And gravy...gotta have the gravy.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:49 AM

8,893 posts, read 4,560,851 times
Good morning all, happy Tuesday. elston can I come and eat at your house, your meals make my mouth water! Tonight I am making country style pork ribs, not sure what else I am making to go with them. Haven't been in the mood to cook for awhile now..

Also welcome to Caroline and CheyDee, happy cooking!

Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 AM

Smile You just come right over here and sit to the table.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Good morning all, happy Tuesday. elston can I come and eat at your house, your meals make my mouth water! Tonight I am making country style pork ribs, not sure what else I am making to go with them. Haven't been in the mood to cook for awhile now..
Denise, I love to feed people! It is a form of ministry to me, and I don't have nearly enough oppurtunity. I love good food; I love to satisfy and please others and make them feel comfortable and special. Food is a true delight for me and I always always cook enough or really too much.

"Love and Peace,
Enchantment, gentle cheer,
Who knoweth these,
Welcome here."

Old 07-22-2008, 09:15 AM

Default to go with your country style ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
Good morning all, happy Tuesday. elston can I come and eat at your house, your meals make my mouth water! Tonight I am making country style pork ribs, not sure what else I am making to go with them.
A vinegar and sugar based cabbage and sweet vadalia onion cole slaw would be good .

or

Vegetable Rice.

saute (with lid on the pan) some chopped shallot, 1/4 cup onion, couple of thinly sliced small carrots in 1 - 2 Tbspns of butter or margerine and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 4 mins, stir occassionally

add 1 can chicken broth, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup long grain rice and bring to a boil

add 1 small zucchini and 1 small yellow squash halved and sliced.

cover and cook 12 to maybe 15 mins more until rice is tender. fluff with fork and garnish with coarse black pepper to taste.

Here you have your starch and your summer vegetables.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:16 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,095,649 times
I think I'm going to make Gado gado, an Indonesian salad with warm and cold veg and a peanut sauce.

It's got a bit of everything in it and it's really comforting yet crunchy and refreshing all at the same time!

You can change the ingredients to suit but I think pototoes and hardboiled eggs are a must. And something (anything!) crispy to top it off!
Recipe: Gado-gado (Cooked mixed vegetables with peanut sauce)

You CAN use peanut butter to make the peanut sauce, it won't be quite as good but it's quicker!Recipe: Sambal Kacang (Peanut Sauce)

Cooked chicken, pork or beef can go with it too, and rice if you're hungry! I'm just doing the salad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink