Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 12:09 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well I made the stop and had a genuine senior moment. I didn't have clue as to what I had red about this wine and cooking bit. I did make it home with shallots and some beautiful baby bellas. The Fino will have to be a stop for the Mrs. on her way home later. Now pardon my ignorance one more time. Are we talking Fino Sherry, or Fino & Sherry here. Still I've got this crazy notion to do this mushroom thing and use some cheese with some and try and make some quesadillias on some 10 grain tortillias I bought today. My first shallots sine I grew them way back when... Now wishing all those with physical discomfort some relief and a better day tomorrow

Senior moments are no problem, it's when they become days and weeks that things get a little shaky...............

Fino's a classification (style?) of Sherry, I believe the driest. Serve well chilled, it's very nice with a number of appetizers (Spanish tapas being traditional) and soups, really tasty with split pea soup.

I suggested the comparison with cooking sherry because to me it compliments sauted mushrooms very well. If you try it I think you'll swear off 'cookong' wine and cook with 'regular' wines.

Old 07-18-2008, 12:48 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,308,731 times
Talking yummy

LAST NIGHT WE HAD SCRAMBLED HAMBURG WITH ONIONS ON HAMBURGER ROLLS. one of my favorites, quick and easy...

Old 07-18-2008, 02:48 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,947,814 times
last night, instead of my well-intended salad, we had shrimp steamed with TONS of Old Bay, that guacamole chicken and rice and beans!

Old 07-18-2008, 03:02 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,861,348 times
Something easy on the old stomach-scrambled eggs and wheat toast. Going up north tomorrow til Monday to s-i-l's.

Old 07-18-2008, 03:44 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,660,452 times
I'm about to start up some of Burdell's Fino, mushrooms, shallots, along with some boneless chicken strips if the Fino is available at the liquor store. Other wise the same without the Fino. I see a wide assortment of veggies in the freezer so wife gets some say there. I'm stuck with the veggies with this anyway. This sounds like it would be tasty over a bed of fluffy rice or pasta. Now to work in some color.

Old 07-18-2008, 05:16 PM

22,352 posts, read 29,465,198 times
Tonight I'm making shake and bake chicken thighs with mashed potatoes and sauteed (sp?) zucchini and squash. I also made chicken louisa because I had dethawed the chicken and didn't want it to go bad. YUMMY!!

Old 07-18-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Senior moments are no problem, it's when they become days and weeks that things get a little shaky...............

Fino's a classification (style?) of Sherry, I believe the driest. Serve well chilled, it's very nice with a number of appetizers (Spanish tapas being traditional) and soups, really tasty with split pea soup.

I suggested the comparison with cooking sherry because to me it compliments sauted mushrooms very well. If you try it I think you'll swear off 'cookong' wine and cook with 'regular' wines.
Well I didn't tell the Mrs. a price range on the Fino. Well the man at the liquor store must have seen her coming. We are eating high in the vineyard tonight. $14 for a small bottle. Boy this is going to be a good night of a ***** dinner. Count 'em. 5 stars. To make it worse the guy was a hittin on my squeeze. What 's the world coming to?

Old 07-18-2008, 06:06 PM

58 posts, read 165,081 times
Default dinner.....

Tonight I am making one of my inventions....
Boneless skinless chicken thighs with spinach, fresh mushrooms, lots of fresh garlic and onions, I cook that for while add the chicken broth, I cook that for about 90 minutes and then I add toasted Orzo to it.
I would normaly add some crushed red peppers to it for some "picante" flavor....but that depends onthe kiddos!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:57 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,437,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well I didn't tell the Mrs. a price range on the Fino. Well the man at the liquor store must have seen her coming. We are eating high in the vineyard tonight. $14 for a small bottle. Boy this is going to be a good night of a ***** dinner. Count 'em. 5 stars. To make it worse the guy was a hittin on my squeeze. What 's the world coming to?

Must be some fine Fino!

Old 07-18-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Must be some fine Fino!
Well I can report my tummy is in tummy heaven right now. That was sooooo goooood. But I'm going out the next time I need Fino. I'll at least pretend to know what I'm doing even if I don't Think I had better visit the peasant food thread and not spoil my tummy any more for a day or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink