Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2008, 12:45 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,879,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I had a basket ball sized "ball lightning" come in thru the front door with me, some years ago, and bounce around the room and then hit the TV and it all went up in smoke. Scarey!
That is utter Craziness! You must have flipped out! How ODD!!! Nobody would ever expect anything like that to happen... EVER...

Old 08-12-2008, 12:46 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I had a basket ball sized "ball lightning" come in thru the front door with me, some years ago, and bounce around the room and then hit the TV and it all went up in smoke. Scarey!

When my Dad was growing up he watched lightning come in the front door of the house and pass out the back door and knock down the clothes-line pole, fascinating and frightening at the same time! I think comfort food is sounding pretty good tonight.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:47 PM

48,223 posts, read 22,041,009 times
Default Ball Lightning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
That is utter Craziness! You must have flipped out! How ODD!!! Nobody would ever expect anything like that to happen... EVER...
I had never heard of "ball lightning".....but there it was and afterwards I was told that if it had hit me it would have killed me.......I was coming home in a storm and opened the door and just like a over anxious puppy it snuck in with me. It crackled and glowed like a special effect from star wars rapidly bounced around the room and hit the TV. Kaboom and lots of smoke.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,727,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post

Tang and Chocolate Cake... oh you're love for that stuff always seems to shock me! LOL
Another brainstorm: I'm thinking of making a new dessert. Dipping some of those sugared orange slices in chocolate. Well maybe not. That's what strawberries are for. Now I'm smart enough not to do lemonade with chocolate cake.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:54 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,879,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Now I'm smart enough not to do lemonade with chocolate cake.
Oh... I cann't even imagine... the Belly... Oooooooooooooh....

Old 08-12-2008, 12:55 PM

68,351 posts, read 54,507,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Another brainstorm: I'm thinking of making a new dessert. Dipping some of those sugared orange slices in chocolate. Well maybe not. That's what strawberries are for. Now I'm smart enough not to do lemonade with chocolate cake.
Orange works well with chocolate. I've had candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate, very tasty!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:01 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,727,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Orange works well with chocolate. I've had candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate, very tasty!
We need more hours in the day. Not enough time to tinker in the kitchen. I'm forecasting an expedition over to the International Mall for a culinary grubstake. Of course the Cheesecake Factory is nearby. That is going to be a dinner stop for sure. Chocolate cheesecake following a south pacific dinner?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:17 PM

2,410 posts, read 6,009,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
Good luck HighlandsGal.

Not sure what dinner will be tonight.... going cruising on the internet for a good comfort food. Last night my stomach was so upset I only had toast for dinner. So I guess I'll have to find something I can use the hamburger meat in for tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hard to beat meat loaf with mashed potatoes for comfort food I may have to do something along that line myself.

Since it's semi chilly and rainy here I think we will go for a Cheeseburger Pie (recipe found on bisquick website). If hubby drains the grease real well it shouldn't upset my stomach, although I am feeling a bit better today. I'm sure that it's just a side effect from the Darvocet and Coumadin I'm taking.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM

2,969 posts, read 6,951,644 times
For all of you I couldn't personally rep.........thank you for your positive thoughts and wishes! I got the job....and will now be teaching dance and fitness/conditioning at an IB high school....starting Monday!!

Going out to dinner to celebrate!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:39 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,547,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
For all of you I couldn't personally rep.........thank you for your positive thoughts and wishes! I got the job....and will now be teaching dance and fitness/conditioning at an IB high school....starting Monday!!

Going out to dinner to celebrate!
Way to go..Congradulations!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.