Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 05:32 PM

1,458 posts, read 4,134,052 times

Advertisements

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about Cyn's (parrot?) Sadie. Twice in the last year I brought my deathly ill little 15 yr old dog to the vet, thinking we were taking him to be put down...and twice he's recovered well. So keep taking care of her, you never know!!

Today's dinner is probably pasta w/canned clam sauce, since we went to a parade today and I am exhausted!! Fruit and cream for dessert since we're not having a salad or any veggies!

Old 03-14-2009, 05:37 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,919,536 times
Stir fried bok choy, cabbage and onion, sushi rice and beef dumpling soup.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:18 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,627,821 times
The acorn squash by Coastal Maine was the best I've ever eaten and I've eaten many acorn squashes. Small dip of mashed taters and just a leg quarter tonight of the chicken instead of a half...did sneak a small chocolate treat...Now lots of green tea for the rest of the evening...maybe a banana for the potassium later on and something to take the meds with...

Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,406,817 times
Tonight: catfish, french fries, hush puppies, baked beans, lettuce & tomato salad with shredded cheese, Italian dressing on mine, indulged in Chocolate pie for dessert. Full now.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:55 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,970,670 times
Hi all, still praying for the feathered friends. I hope they get better soon.

We went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. I had one of their specialties, Crispy Beef with Orange Flavor....it is the one of the best I have ever had.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:18 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,338,401 times
Beautiful sunny day here in Mad-town, and the temp got up to a scorching 52 degrees! Shorts weather for sure, and I spent a glorious hour on my hands and knees cleaning out my front garden beds this afternoon just to celebrate. I have these lovely purple irises all along the side of the house, and the garden center says to let the leaves go brown in the winter so that all the nutrients in them will go back into the root of the plant, which is a fine idea. But it means that in the spring, my entire garden is covered with the matted-down iris foliage, and the daffodil and tulip shoots can't get through to the sun. So the first semi-decent weekend day we get in late winter, I'm out there clearing all of last year's iris foliage, along with all the leaves and other debris that lands there over the winter. And counting the number of tulip and daff buds that are thus uncovered to stretch out in the sun, of course. Lots this year - we should have a riot of color out there in another month or so.

Spouse fixed a wonderful supper tonight. He reheated the leftover borscht from Tuesday night (which was even better after a few days in the fridge to mellow) and served that with some good rye bread. Then he grilled up a couple of small, lovely steaks, and sauteed button, Portabella and oyster mushrooms in butter with a splash of cabernet sauvignon to go over the top. Had the rest of the cab. sauvignon with dinner, and oh, my, but was it ever a feast.

Here's wishing all a peaceful Saturday evening and a wonderful Sunday. Cyn, sending good wishes to your Sadie, as well as to Elston's Cricket and HG's Jack. G'night, all.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:29 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
I'm on a Latin American kick this week. Tonight it was Ecuador on my mind.

Llapingachos (stuffed potato patties):

Llapingachos or stuffed potato patties recipe | Laylita's recipes

with peanut sauce:

Salsa de mani or peanut sauce recipe | Laylita's recipes

It is pretty much a meatless dish that is served with fried egg, sweet plantains, avocado and shredded lettuce. Yummo.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:09 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,487,638 times
We went to Sonic Drive-Thru. I like their ex-long chili cheesedogs and strawberry real fruit slushes.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,453,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
That acorn squash sounds real good, CoastalMaine. we do something similar - no apples, no jalapenos.
NoMoreSnow: If I don't feel like jalapeno's, I like to do the apples and use dried or fresh cranberries.... really delicious and very colorful for a winter dish.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,453,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
The acorn squash by Coastal Maine was the best I've ever eaten and I've eaten many acorn squashes. Small dip of mashed taters and just a leg quarter tonight of the chicken instead of a half...did sneak a small chocolate treat...Now lots of green tea for the rest of the evening...maybe a banana for the potassium later on and something to take the meds with...
Awwwwwww, thanks Nomie!!!! Really??? I just made it up when I was making dinner one night... and I liked it! lol Glad you did too!!!! Made my night!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.