Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2009, 11:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times

Advertisements

I made pernil, arroz con gandules and tostones. Mmmmm. Leftovers.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:43 AM

206 posts, read 529,183 times
Default Seafood

Golden Fried Catfish
Baked Macroni & Cheese
Potato Salad
Candied Baked Beans

Old 03-14-2009, 05:39 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Smile I love to try new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I think I know.....arroz is rice and I am guessing gandules might be beans but you have me stumped with the tostones....and the pernil. I bet it was delicious....and enjoy the leftovers.

Old 03-14-2009, 05:40 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,872,241 times
Well, last night we made some minor adjustments to dinner.... the kids asked for pancakes that was nice and easy.... a request I did not mind at all! So they had them when we came home... and we didn't go shopping... I spoiled them and took them to the MUSEUM for three hours... I was so tired! But they enjoyed their day off from school.

Hubby and I ate after the kids went to bed. Our own liitle date night. A bottle of wine... some baba, red pepper hummus, olive oil w/ pepper, garlic & parm for dipping..... tons of veggies- cukes, tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, celery.... and lovely whate pitas in triangles for dipping..... very relaxing meal.... and easy to put together!!! (no I didn't make the hummus/baba )

Tonight the inlaws asked to take the kids over night! So, we are going out to eat...meeting hubby's friends at a bar to listen to some Celtic music... Should be a good time!!!!

But now I must head off this comuter and get ready for BREAKFAST!!! We are in St Pat's mode Got the Irish Chick here... then off to the parade!!!! And there are a few other St Pat's celebrations in the City today.... can't wait....neither can the kids... we are all so excited. We have our green all ready to go and can't wait to hear the Irish music and see the Dancers in the parade... the girls are so excited!!!!! Talk to you all later....

Old 03-14-2009, 05:43 AM

Default Bratwurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibit612 View Post
It was brats for us tonight. It was time to eat the kids.
When I lived in Cincinnati years and years .......ago.......we used to get bratwurst....that were a small, white very mild sausage....that I believe were made of veal......they grilled up an nice golden brown and were great with spicy brown mustard.......lately when I have had bratwurst.....they are totally different.....and that has been on both coasts....brats are a big fat seasoned sausage....grilled or steamed in beer. Is anyone familiar with the little white veal sausages I remember?

Old 03-14-2009, 05:52 AM

2 posts, read 2,449 times
www.Foodnetwork.com has lots of ideas. I also started making myself a dinner schedule because sometimes I come up with a good one but forget about for awhile.
Dinner Schedule

Chicken on the Grill
Orange Slices
Rice

Cubed Steaks, pan fried
Mashed Potatoes
Green Beans

Lasagne Rolls
Salad

Soup & Sandiwiches

Turkey breasts
veggies
potatoes of choice

Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
When I lived in Cincinnati years and years .......ago.......we used to get bratwurst....that were a small, white very mild sausage....that I believe were made of veal......they grilled up an nice golden brown and were great with spicy brown mustard.......lately when I have had bratwurst.....they are totally different.....and that has been on both coasts....brats are a big fat seasoned sausage....grilled or steamed in beer. Is anyone familiar with the little white veal sausages I remember?

Sounds like you were getting Weisswurst and you're right, great with spicy brown mustard!

Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,319,742 times
Elston I am so sorry to her about Cricket feeling poorly. I am praying for the both of you! Not good news about my girl, Sadie. She is home but only because the vet is out of town for the week-end. She still wont eat and when she does it won't stay down. I can't tube feed so I keep trying to get something down her. The test came back with abnormal cells. A good chance it is cancer. I am beyone devestated right now. I was suppose to get to see Amber tonight at the party for my grandaughter but that is off. She will be able to come and visit next week. I have to be here to give Sadie her medications and just to be with her. I don't know how much time we might have so I plan on enjoying every minute I can with her. My vet said he'd call me Sunday night when he gets home to see how things are and if I need to meet him down at his office. He is an angel. I can't post on dinner for last night as I didn't eat again. I need to feed my poor DH something tonight so it will probably be some thing simple but as of right now I don't know what. I will try to keep checking in here. Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Old 03-14-2009, 06:51 AM

Cyn......you know that we are all here for you and Sadie....and doing what ever it is we can do (prayers, positive thoughts, blessings) for the both of you to find comfort and healing. Love is eternal....and that is all any of us can count on....take care of your beloved parrot....AND....take care of yourself and your DH. Try to find your source of strength and calm....and take your rest there. Sadie knows that you love her.....she knows that you are with her. Peace dear friend.

Don't worry about your marvelous thread.....we will behave and will graciously greet new comers until you are back at the helm and fully in charge.

Hey, What is for dinner anyway?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:19 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,164,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Where do you live? I need you to invite me next time you make stuff like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.