Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 06:39 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,101,812 times

Advertisements

Goood morning all!!! Time to get the brain going for tomorrows festivities and get cooking!
Well today the plan is to get the dipping sauces for the eggrolls done and maybe the desert since if I make the key lime cheesecake it has to chill. I'm making spicey peanut sauce,Martin Yan's sweet and sour and Cheesecake factories tamarind dipping sauces to go along with their avacado eggrolls and standard eggrolls. I'm still on the fence with adding thai lettuce wraps. There's only 8 of us and I've already got mini quiches in phyllo (costco), stuffed mushrooms and chili cheese dip and a cheese/cracker tray.
I've got at least 2 cups of heavy cream to use up in the next day or two so it's either make a bananna cream pie or ?????. Hey does potato leek soup use heavy cream?
I also wonder if I make the eggrolls today can they be held until tomorrow night for frying? Anyone know off hand?
It's no real big deal, I guess I could make 'em tomorrow but you know how it goes, life always has a way of interceding into your best laid plans.

Oh, for anyone who's east of us.... We're under a heavy snow and wind alert for tomorrow through Thursday so I'm guessing you'll see it Friday if it in fact happens...

CYN Keep up the good work! Day eleven is no small feat, I think the longest I ever made it was 3 weeks and I'm still kicking myself for quitting quitting if you get what I mean. Time to try again soon though...

Old 12-30-2008, 06:44 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,156 times
JimJ-yes the potato leek soup for sure!! Served in small cups with chopped chives-your guests will love it.

Did my invite get lost????

Old 12-30-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Cyn.... good job burnin' those suckers.... we are all so proud of you here.... GOOD WORK! 11 Days! That is hard work and you are doing a great job! Keep it up!!!

Tonight for dinner.... well.... The Italian MIL is continuing the holiday food feast since my hubby's uncle is in town and we are having REAL Chicken Parm at her house and pasta and salad and a ton of sides and and I am sure dessertS.... and I am still stuffed from Christmas as well as that birthday party we went to last night... OH MY!!!! These Italian relatives really know how to eat!!!! Gotta remember I am Irish and knock it off......
I'd be on my knees thanking the Almighty for Italian relatives like yours.

Being raised in an Irish family with terrible bland cooks it would have been heaven to me.

Last edited by LaceyEx; 12-30-2008 at 07:36 AM..

Old 12-30-2008, 07:00 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,470,087 times
Good morning all. Welcome back Kat.

We have a busy day of spackling, sanding and hopefully painting our closets. Then we have a big big clean up after all the spackle dust. Later on after I get the "paste" out of my hair I am going grocery shopping. I have no idea what dinner will be.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:13 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,375,456 times
I don't envy you younglisa...spackling is not an easy task--especially the clean-up. But it will be so worth it once you get it done. For some reason when you do these jobs yourself the work is so much more appreciated. It makes you proud of what you have done and you seem to truely enjoy it more!!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:24 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,470,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I don't envy you younglisa...spackling is not an easy task--especially the clean-up. But it will be so worth it once you get it done. For some reason when you do these jobs yourself the work is so much more appreciated. It makes you proud of what you have done and you seem to truely enjoy it more!!
Yes we will appreciate it more but we also knit pick every minor imperfection that no one would ever notice.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
JimJ-yes the potato leek soup for sure!! Served in small cups with chopped chives-your guests will love it.

Did my invite get lost????
Invites???? Y'all gotta know by now there's a standing invitation out there whenever a holiday is here, stop on in!!! Heck, if you see bbq smoke coming from my yard c'mon over!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Yes we will appreciate it more but we also knit pick every minor imperfection that no one would ever notice.
You will also "notice" them everytime you look at the walls. People will come over and start looking around and comment how nice it looks and somewhere in the back of your mind you'll be saying "I hope they don't see that flaw" or "how did they miss seeing that it's clear as day"...... I don't know why that is but after building our house and painting it myself we go through the same thought process all the time. I was warned this would happen but didn't really understand it until we finished...
Congrats on saving yourself some money, funds that can be used for FOOD or cooking gadgets (my favorite)!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:48 AM

Thanks for the open invite JimJ.

In our home in NJ we did everything ourselves-new windows, decks, addition, -you name it we did it and so much of ourselves were in that home. The guy who bought it realized it and appreciated it.

This 2 to 4 in of snow is more like a foot right now and we have a showing at 12:30. My nerves are jingling.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,889,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I'd be on my knees thanking the Almighty for Italian relatives like yours.

Being raised in an Irish family with terrible bland cooks it would have been heaven to me.
LOL My tastebud sure as heck do.... but I don't know about my butt and hips..... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink