Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 07:55 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times

Advertisements

No need to worry lacey. If they don't make it today there is always tomorrow. Surely anyone looking in that area is well aware of the snow conditions already..no big suprise. Who knows, maybe it's someone from a place that gets little snow and they are looking so forward to finding a home in the snow!! And there is your house!! For some people the snow makes a home look even warmer and more homey. Keep that glass half full lacey!!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:02 AM

22,979 posts, read 27,205,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Thanks for the open invite JimJ.

In our home in NJ we did everything ourselves-new windows, decks, addition, -you name it we did it and so much of ourselves were in that home. The guy who bought it realized it and appreciated it.

This 2 to 4 in of snow is more like a foot right now and we have a showing at 12:30. My nerves are jingling.
Good luck on your showing! Tough time to sell a house, lots of big haircuts being taken for those who sell around us. One example is a 2 yr old house 3 lots down from us (4000 sqft on 2 acres) was listed a year ago for $599 and is now listed at $410 with no lookers. We gave up after a year and a half so it seems we'll just have to wait it out I guess. Since we've got to live somewhere it might as well be here though I was looking forward to warmer climes and "southern charm". P.S. did you simmer a pot of water with some cinnamon sticks in it? Gets the house smelling real nice and homey! We used to also bake a loaf of rhodes frozen bread just before a showing to get the smell, or some of their cinnamon rolls.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:04 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,932,951 times
Well Cyn and JimJ phone just rang-cancelled and no reschedule yet as they're not from this area. One nerve less-LOL.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:11 AM

22,979 posts, read 27,205,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well Cyn and JimJ phone just rang-cancelled and no reschedule yet as they're not from this area. One nerve less-LOL.
Darn, I'm sorry!!!! At least they called though. We've had many that just didn't show after we went through heck getting the house ready. The upside is now you can concentrate on more important things like getting ready to PARTY like it's 2008.... Ooops, it is isn't it?????

Hey if anyone is interested, tomorrow is the last day of the kitchenaid $50 rebate on mixers. I found a Kitchenaid Pro 600 series on amazon for $280 after rebate and free shipping!! Yahhhhhhhhoooooooo that baby is MINE!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 AM

Wow that is a great price.

Went to Target last year and they had a sale for $149.99-first day of sale and not one in stock-so I got one that was $289 for the $149 price. Enjoy your new toy.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:44 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,280,532 times
The meat and cheese lasagna was super delicious last night, h had extra pork & beef meatballs with lots of gravy (sp. sauce), Italian bread and salad. We still have leftovers. Maybe one day this Italian girl will learn how to cook for 2--not. Sent a large tray of baked ziti to the drs. office this morning for their lunch break, since we never made it there last week.

Tonight I am making split chicken breasts, not sure how just yet, will check in later. Have a great afternoon everyone.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:50 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,438,978 times
Well lacey, one less thing to worry about for today anyhow. they will reschedule--they will!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 AM

2,489 posts, read 7,234,990 times
Hey all, just popping in for a minute. Older children are driving me batty. When oh when is school going to start again??????? Have to keep them sequestered. One on the xbox/wii and one on the computer. Only way they get along. Then along comes the youngest son and the dog. One on the couch and one on the floor. Ugh....

dinner tonight not sure yet, I am leaning towards soup or pasta or maybe a combination of both. No heavy pasta though. Had enough lasagna to last me a lifetime. Well for this year anyway Last night we had hot turkey sandwiches...yummy. Would love to have that again but I am out of turkey.

Hope everyone has a great day and a Happy New Year. Hopefully I will be able to check back again sooner. Well got to go, Indians are rioting in the living room. Time to put them in their separate corners.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:12 AM

3,367 posts, read 11,095,649 times
Cyn - one day at a time, you are doing so well... it must seem so simple to those who never smoked but it is so hard to do, so well done!!

Jimj - the soup would be delicious made with the cream! You can freeze heavy cream in ice cube trays then put in a ziplock if you want to save it...

Younglisa - you are making me feel very lazy! I am doing very little this holiday, haven't even done my usual run for a week! I will go out today, thanks for the guilt trip!

Lacey - sorry to hear that, sooo frustrating for you... hopefully they are the ones and will come back. Nice of them to call at least...

Kelsie - know that feeling, I have never knowingly undercatered!

I made about 8 times too much risotto last night, and DS decided to sleep over at a friends, and risotto doesn't freeze all that well - any ideas?

Old 12-30-2008, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southdown View Post
Cyn - one day at a time, you are doing so well... it must seem so simple to those who never smoked but it is so hard to do, so well done!!

Jimj - the soup would be delicious made with the cream! You can freeze heavy cream in ice cube trays then put in a ziplock if you want to save it...

Younglisa - you are making me feel very lazy! I am doing very little this holiday, haven't even done my usual run for a week! I will go out today, thanks for the guilt trip!

Lacey - sorry to hear that, sooo frustrating for you... hopefully they are the ones and will come back. Nice of them to call at least...

Kelsie - know that feeling, I have never knowingly undercatered!

I made about 8 times too much risotto last night, and DS decided to sleep over at a friends, and risotto doesn't freeze all that well - any ideas?
Pick us up at the airport? Have fork will travel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink