Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 03:41 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times

Advertisements

I remember reading about it but I sure can't remember who it was shanny. Let us know how it turns out cause I'd like to give it a try! Sounds yummy!! Welcome to a fun place with wonderful people!!

Old 12-30-2008, 03:42 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,330,366 times
Oh now I really have to try that recipe of kelsies rib roast. That sound wonderful.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:53 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,640,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Welcome Shanny and Malfunction.

Used to work in Cherry Hill-you'd know the BIG bank there-LOL.

Go for the KFC and remember the New year is soon here for resolutions.
LOL, you mean the BIGGER bank, sigh!

It was NicoleJ who posted the Chix stuffed with Mashed potatoes. She even posted a pic of it on the photo thread.

Here's my take:

Chicken- ck...I like chicken
Mashed potatoes- Ck, who doesn't like mashed taters?
Lemon zest and juice, parsley EEVO- Ck...Can't go wrong there.

Hubby likes everything so I'm not worried.

Thanks for the welcome,

Shanny

Old 12-30-2008, 04:00 PM

1,032 posts, read 3,920,248 times
Tonight I did seared scallops and shrimp with a citrus/ginger glaze, garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus.

I'm really angry at my oven's pathetic excuse for a broiler though; I really need something that gets about 3 times hotter, so the scallops were overdone to my taste, but I was really happy with the glaze. I used orange, lemon and lime juice, honey, some brown sugar and ginger soy sauce with a bit of Thai sweet chili sauce, reduced down to a thick glaze.

The asparagus was frozen, but I was very happy with it as well, I think it's a vegetable that if frozen well really holds up.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:04 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,809,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
The meat and cheese lasagna was super delicious last night, h had extra pork & beef meatballs with lots of gravy (sp. sauce), Italian bread and salad. We still have leftovers. Maybe one day this Italian girl will learn how to cook for 2--not. Sent a large tray of baked ziti to the drs. office this morning for their lunch break, since we never made it there last week.

Tonight I am making split chicken breasts, not sure how just yet, will check in later. Have a great afternoon everyone.
I know how you feel, I was a cook in the army and I had a hard time cooking for 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm heading to the kitchen to make the beef and barley soup. I got some good coaching last night from a couple of pro foodies. Wish me luck. I shall return later with results...
I thought you cooked that yesterday......

Quote:
Originally Posted by malfunction View Post
Maybe we can trade off (sorta). I'll take some of that KFC, and you can have the herbs.
You got it

Old 12-30-2008, 05:44 PM

68,335 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Dinner was a grilled ham and Muenster cheese sandwich, I figured if nothing else the warm mustard vapors would clear my sinuses, worked like a charm

And a big dish of Rocky-Road ice cream. Hey, they say feed a cold, right?

Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,640,870 times
Reppie pts to NicoleJ. The chix stuffed with mashed taters came out DEE-LISH!!!!
The only thing was that after 40 minutes, the chix seemed like it needed more time (weird because I have a very hot oven). I left it for an hour and the chix was not dried out. OMG, so yummy!
My hubby couldn't stop with the compliments.

I think I'll be on this thread everyday for now on!

Shanny

Old 12-30-2008, 05:49 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,673,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Dinner was a grilled ham and Muenster cheese sandwich, I figured if noithing else the warm mustard vapors would clear my sinuses, worked like a charm

And a big dish of Rocky-Road ice cream. Hey, they say feed a cold, right?
I feed a cold if and when I get one. Usually lots of jalapeno peppers on a grilled cheese followed by lots of chocolate on ice cream.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:08 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Seared scallops were so great-Mr. L had linguine with olive oil/browned garlic-me spinach salad. Just dried scallops, dredged in lemon pepper seasoned flour, browned in olive oil 3 min each side.

Happy and decided no out tomorroe-just us and pizza. Nite and hugs all.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM

7,148 posts, read 12,686,436 times
I'm feeling so very over-stuffed and porky with holiday food and grog that I hardly wanted to deal with food at all tonight, but hunger pangs drove me to make a big casserole of roasted vegetables--potato, onion, celery and carrots done up in a simple olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and paprika mix. Threw in the oven for 35 minutes at 425 degrees and ate just that...quite good, actually, in a simple, no fuss kind of way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.