Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 06:04 PM

52,758 posts, read 48,130,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
My two favorite ways to eat avocado:
1. Make pico de gallo and add diced avocado and lime juice.
2. Mashed up and spread on a sub with my favorite fixings and red onion.
Delish!

Case-let us know how your idea turns out!
Probably next week or the week after. Budget's a little tight right now. Thanks. I'll keep you posted.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:18 PM

5,384 posts, read 10,888,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well can you use that there white sort of chocolate? The kind I put on my pretzel sandwiches. Almond bark I think it is called. I didn't have any regular chocolate and didn't think to raid wife's white stash.. I let her think it's hid...
Maybe I can mix that white chocolate and the carob discussed the other day... perhaps the combo of the two will provide the right mix... hmmmm.... this might need some investigating...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:15 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,158,309 times
Smile Yes, Virginia, there is a real white chocolate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
Well can you use that there white sort of chocolate? The kind I put on my pretzel sandwiches. Almond bark I think it is called. I didn't have any regular chocolate and didn't think to raid wife's white stash.. I let her think it's hid...
Bark candy refers to any sheet chocolate, white, milk chocolate, or dark chocolate, which has almonds added. It's like a peanut brittle, but made with chocolate and almonds, or sometimes, cherry-flavored almonds. Good, to be sure!!

Some people don't consider white chocolate to be chocolate, at all. But, if it is made properly and not from artifical ingredients, it is truly a chocolate. Oh, happy Nomad's wife!!

The difference between real white chocolate and dark or milk chocolate is that it doesn't have any of the cocoa solids in it - only the cocoa butter. This is what gives it such a mild flavor and creamy texture.

So, if it is chocolate that you crave - ahem, Nomadicus - then, white chocolate is a tame substitute for the darker, richer variety. Yum to ANY kind of chocolate, I say.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:19 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,621,301 times
pork loin with hoisin sauce n peppers n onions n brocolli.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM

Speaking of Chocolate lovers... Did you know if you go to the LINDT store they give you a truffle for FREE every time you go in? Thought I would share that bit of information with everyone just in case you were in the dark.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM

3,591 posts, read 1,155,398 times
Chimichanga (Crispy Burrito)
1-2 lbs ground sirloin
2 packs taco seasoning
black beans
can of corn
can of chopped jalepenos
Sharp cheddar grated
med size tortillas
lettuce
onion
tomatoe
avacado
salsa
sour cream
heat oven 450'

I use ground sirloin or shread chicken for this. You can really use any meat you want.
Cook meat and add taco seasoning and water. It comes in packages. I know McCormick makes one. Place meat, cheese, beans, corn, & jalepenos in tortillas. Fold your burrito and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven untill brown and crispy. Put burrito on top of lettuce tom ect. Top with salsa and sour cream. The salsa makes a healthy dressing for the sald beneith. ENJOY!
CYN this is what you wanted
This is what it looks like:

Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
1-2 lbs ground sirloin
2 packs taco seasoning
black beans
can of corn
can of chopped jalepenos
Sharp cheddar grated
med size tortillas
lettuce
onion
tomatoe
avacado
salsa
sour cream
heat oven 450'

I use ground sirloin or shread chicken for this. You can really use any meat you want.
Cook meat and add taco seasoning and water. It comes in packages. I know McCormick makes one. Place meat, cheese, beans, corn, & jalepenos in tortillas. Fold your burrito and place on baking sheet. Bake in oven untill brown and crispy. Put burrito on top of lettuce tom ect. Top with salsa and sour cream. The salsa makes a healthy dressing for the sald beneith. ENJOY!
CYN this is what you wanted
This is what it looks like:
OH hubby would love this! I think I am making this when he comes home... thanks for sharing Amber! That looks amazing....

Old 09-16-2008, 07:33 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,842,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
Speaking of Chocolate lovers... Did you know if you go to the LINDT store they give you a truffle for FREE every time you go in? Thought I would share that bit of information with everyone just in case you were in the dark.
How did you know we were in the dark? We live so far form civilization we get sunlight piped in. LINDT??? I'm out gunned here. If I take a road trip to the International Mall 65 or so miles away I do have a Rocky Mountain Candy store with some nice goodies. In the mean time it's those little drop kinds of cooking chocolate.. But you have my curiosity up.. How am I suppose to sleep to night wondering about these little tibits of such a great magintude of importance...

Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,158,309 times
Default Shrimp Pesto tonight.

Speaking of chocolate, we didn't have any for dinner. DH is having his now in the form of dark chocolate fudge ice cream. Oh, envy, envy!

I got home late from a great shopping spree tonight, so I whipped up some fresh large shrimp (uncooked, peeled for only $5.99/lb.!) with a pesto sauce, served it with fetticine and a loaf of Italian bread from the bakery. I sliced, buttered, garliced and broiled the bread for a couple of minutes for a crunchy dipping bread. I had already cleaned the baby spinach and mushrooms for a quick spinach salad with feta cheese and raspberry vingarette dressing.

It was all on the table within 35 minutes. Perfecto!!

I usually buy a mid-priced extra virgin olive oil (Filippo Berio), but this week I spent a few dollars more and bought Carapelli Premium Extra Virgin. It was smooth as silk. I think I will set it aside just for salads and dipping bowls; it is well worth the extra few dollars to buy a good olive oil.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:36 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,842,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbaby27 View Post
1-2 lbs ground sirloin
2 packs taco seasoning
black beans
can of corn
can of chopped jalepenos
Sharp cheddar grated
med size tortillas
lettuce
onion
tomatoe
avacado
salsa
sour cream
heat oven 450'
Once I got down to the red line, I knew it was a keeper...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink