Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2024, 10:07 PM

17,613 posts, read 6,894,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Ehh, I wouldn't say that - Racism is a team sport, meaning it requires a significant group of people being on "code" for it to work properly and for the ones not participating, it requires their apathy and inaction.

Denying employment opportunities, home loans in desirable, appreciating areas etc are quick examples of what racism truly is...it's essentially a power structure.

What you're describing are powerless (powerless because the perps would be arrested and prosecuted) racial hostilities such as racial slurs, and dirty looks. Historically and presently, VERY FEW non-whites have the ability to deny employment and or housing opportunities to whites on any significant scale. Wording matters.
You’re not white, so you wouldn’t understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2024, 05:51 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lagos View Post
Epic op troll job. 2 entire posts and then vanished in 2010 lol.
14 yrs later they probably aren't together, kids are already grown up. Maybe it was 2010 AI the early version

Old 03-25-2024, 07:22 AM

22 posts, read 3,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverct9a View Post
Sure, if they’re also looking to convert to Scientology
Lol, avoid Clearwater specifically, then.

Quote:
Epic op troll job. 2 entire posts and then vanished in 2010 lol.
Just noticed the original post date. Why did this thread get revived?

Old 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM

629 posts, read 400,285 times
I had my doubts, but upon second inspection in the mirror, you're correct, I am in fact not white - Imagine my astonishment, I almost called the cops on myself!

So since, we've established race amongst ourselves, why don't you attempt to help me "understand?" If you can't/won't maybe I'll ask my white wife to help me, or maybe my white in-laws (all Republicans including my own wife), or maybe my white neighbors since I'm literally the ONLY black homeowner in my gated community phase.

The point of me expressing myself like this is I'm around whites very very frequently...my social life is the epitome of a diversity commercial so I think I have pretty good grasp on that and many other communities. Now on the other hand, how much time do you spend with non whites and more specifically blacks? I'm pretty confident I know the answer

So who do you really think lacks "understanding?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You’re not white, so you wouldn’t understand.

Last edited by silverct9a; 03-25-2024 at 09:45 AM..

Old 03-25-2024, 10:26 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
14 yrs later they probably aren't together, kids are already grown up. Maybe it was 2010 AI the early version
Or moved to the hood and got murdered.

Old 03-26-2024, 08:08 AM

629 posts, read 400,285 times
Or moved to a trailer park and died of a meth overdose

Quote:
Or moved to the hood and got murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida