Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 03:43 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,918,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
Real nice having to make a choice between buckwheat living nextdoor, the child molester, or the gang.....real nice.
Lovely, I see where you are coming from now. Don't blame your own insecurities on the rest of the world.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:18 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
You have to remember that amax41 lives right by me, literally. We are dealing with a lot of frustrations in our area and I can totally see where he's coming from, and also remember, young men invaded a home next to his with guns drawn a week ago. For the good and honest people that live in our area, we thougt we were buying into a safe community. Some of us spent a lot of money (not really me), but many did. And for a lot of us to be surrounded by the criminal element, it's very frustrating. Imagine if you lived in your nice area in Sarasota or St Augustine (or wherever) and all of a sudden, you saw more foreign flags than American flags on houses, cars were getting stolen out of driveways, and homes were getting invaded and you thought you bought into a safe environment. Before all the foreclosures, it was a different place. Now anyone and everyone is coming in here and renting a house, and their behavior and mentality changes the place because you see these folks moving in and the good people moving out.
Sorry but

Quote:
Florida I'm not really impressed at all, but my standards are much different than what lives here.....and that's not such a big deal since I'm not really impressed with living in America in general.
Is an arrogant statement and his/her next post about "buckwheat" next door just shows the type of person who is posting.

And the armed home invasion was outside the gated neighborhood, inside their neighborhood some kids went into an open garage and grabbed some bikes which were later found. Doesn't make it a good thing but an armed invasion in another neighborhood is quite different from an armed invasion "at a home next to his".

I'll stand by my previous reply.

Old 12-22-2009, 06:45 AM

316 posts, read 1,037,798 times
I find amazing how people take off in different directions on one word. and I suppose these are the same people that think 'sucks' is a swear word, have no idea what the term 'knob' means, etc.

Let me straighten you people out - the term 'buckwheat' does not necessarily mean african-american, the other uses are - a person that could be nominated for the Darwin Award, a redneck, a person is usually a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic basket, and lastly a 'calling sign' of sorts for friends.

NOW LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT -

I refuse to understand why it is I'm called arrogant when you people act it way more than I do, I'm not arrogant - I do not at any time set the bar low for anyone, I expect MORE from people than what they deliever - that is not arrogance. I do it with the people that work for me, my friends, my family. I don't believe in Political Correctness, I don't believe Obama is everyones answer nor is qualified for the job, I do believe in children needing disipline even if that disipline is a couple of swacks on the butt, I do believe there is reverse discrimination happening in America and the whiners are getting away with it, I do believe that the larger part of Americans can't handle anything real it has to be sugar coated, they are gossips willing to stick there nose in anywhere but at the same time have "NIMBY" happening, spend more time on the wrong things instead of the right things, and they do just enough - never more than.

Lastly a great number of my friends, and several very close friends are African-American. They are much much much better than some of the people I see on here. I've seen other people take serious attacks on their State well better than I've seen here, and mine are mild....but what really gets me is the hidden agendas I see on here and the display of exactly what I'm talking about.

I love to stir things up, but you guys are WAY too easy...it's quite laughable actually. You've been the easiest group to sucker into an assault attack that I've found in years. totally funny.... I'll probably be laughing about this one for most of the day.

ComSense, you can always tag me via email no problem, the rest of you LMAO...whatever.... I'm pretty much bored with this place as these things are places I inhabit due to boredom, I've had my fun...have a wonderful rest of your life.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
Although I say things I shouldnt on here too, I do know where you're coming from Amax, not that it makes it right obviously. I live really close to you. We see this garbage everyday - in all colors. Honestly, I didnt automatically assume when you said "buckwheat" that you were referring to a black person. You've been on herer for a long time now, and I dont recall you ever saying anything bad about a black person, so I didnt think too much of it to be honest with you.

PS - when you said the word "buckwheat," I immediately thought of Eddie Murphy on SNL singing "ookin puh nub" LOL! That song's hilarious.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:19 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,656,534 times
Quote:
I find amazing how people take off in different directions on one word. and I suppose these are the same people that think 'sucks' is a swear word, have no idea what the term 'knob' means, etc.

Let me straighten you people out - the term 'buckwheat' does not necessarily mean african-american, the other uses are - a person that could be nominated for the Darwin Award, a redneck, a person is usually a couple sandwiches shy of a picnic basket, and lastly a 'calling sign' of sorts for friends.

I refuse to understand why it is I'm called arrogant when you people act it way more than I do, I'm not arrogant - I do not at any time set the bar low for anyone, I expect MORE from people than what they deliever - that is not arrogance. I do it with the people that work for me, my friends, my family. I don't believe in Political Correctness, I don't believe Obama is everyones answer nor is qualified for the job, I do believe in children needing disipline even if that disipline is a couple of swacks on the butt, I do believe there is reverse discrimination happening in America and the whiners are getting away with it, I do believe that the larger part of Americans can't handle anything real it has to be sugar coated, they are gossips willing to stick there nose in anywhere but at the same time have "NIMBY" happening, spend more time on the wrong things instead of the right things, and they do just enough - never more than.

Lastly a great number of my friends, and several very close friends are African-American. They are much much much better than some of the people I see on here. I've seen other people take serious attacks on their State well better than I've seen here, and mine are mild....but what really gets me is the hidden agendas I see on here and the display of exactly what I'm talking about.

I love to stir things up, but you guys are WAY too easy...it's quite laughable actually. You've been the easiest group to sucker into an assault attack that I've found in years. totally funny.... I'll probably be laughing about this one for most of the day.

ComSense, you can always tag me via email no problem, the rest of you LMAO...whatever.... I'm pretty much bored with this place as these things are places I inhabit due to boredom, I've had my fun...have a wonderful rest of your life.
Ah, the "I am better than all of you" post in addition to the "I am not racist I have African American friends" posts, in a combo no less.

ar⋅ro⋅gant
–adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud

I think the sentences in bold would be considered arrogant by most but you obviously know better than all of us.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:43 AM

17,538 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:

Buh-bye! Don't let the door hit ya, yada yada yada.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida