Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:12 AM

109 posts, read 392,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
So you are against anybody having any rights to do anything you don't agree with? I believe Hitler had a few of those beliefs. An old "fart" as you describe yourself, would have been evaluated and if determined to be of no use, exterminated. Is that what you wish, to exterminate anyone who doesn't believe like you? That's what it sounds like.
That a big leap Macguy.....from strict curfew to mass murderer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 07:41 AM

19 posts, read 83,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboi85 View Post
Because Orlando and Tampa know how to control their people where as Miami doesnt which leads to more problems which I dont want to mention.
AMEN AMEN AND AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 AM

2,313 posts, read 3,192,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondax View Post
That a big leap Macguy.....from strict curfew to mass murderer.
Your right, but the shear hate-fullness of the nature of his response was hard to understand. It did sound a little like if anyone disagrees with him they should disappear from the face of the earth. He tells how he lives, although does not explain why, and demands everyone else must think like him. It is so contrary to everything we believe in this country.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:35 AM

157 posts, read 601,148 times
Interesting how people think different!
First let's make one thing clear, a city that has a night life doesn't qualify as "third world country", quite the contrary, NY, LA, and many very well developed cities around the World have a very exciting night life.
I personally think night life should be available for the ones that are at the age of enjoying it, as well as the quiet suburbs should be available for the ones that like a family life.
I've lived in a few cities around the World where that concept exists, and let me tell you, it works, and there is balance.
Maybe it's just that a lot of the smaller cities in the U.S. are not prepared to have their morals chalanged yet by having some diversity, it takes a lot to have open minded people that at the same time can keep their moral standards....it takes culture.
In the mean time, we are stuck with having to chose either /or if we don't want to pay the price of living in metropolitan areas.
In Countries that are a bit older than the U.S. like Greece, and Italy, one can find a good balance of both worlds even in small towns, but they are hundreds of years ahead of us in terms of civilization...so..."Third World Country"? ... do we really know what that means?

Last edited by granitelady; 05-21-2007 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: added a couple of lines

Old 05-21-2007, 08:04 AM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
Quote:
Remember when you were young you did somethings I bet.
Yep. I remember. I did pleanty of things wrong when I was younger. I'm sure that I could fill a few pages with all that I did wrong.

But, with all the wrong stuff that I did when young, let me tell you what I didn't do:

1. Never did drugs, nor smoked cigarettes
2. Never vandalized anyone's property
3. Never spray painted grafitti
4. Never drove around while drunk
5. Never killed anyone
6. Never broke into anyone's business or house
7. Never stole anything.
8. Never raped anyone or hurt any children
9. Never looked to start trouble with adults
10. Never disrespected police officers.

Unfortunately, there are too many single parents out there that can't and don't control their children. I recon I don't know what their thinking (if you can call it that) was when they decided to make these babies. These children are allowed to run in packs like wild dogs just looking for their next victim.

Therefore, yes, I want to see curfews. And, a real boring place for children and teenagers to live and learn responsibility. That's why I live in Seminole County and not Miami Beach. Like I said, anyone who likes big-city life should move to the big city, stay up all night - go nuts if you want. I just resent people who think that the more rural and family oritented places in Florida need to become "more progressive", "more cultural", "have more things for young people to do", "needs more entertainment", etc. No we don't. We don't need any of those things - keep them in the big city.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:25 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Yep. I remember. I did pleanty of things wrong when I was younger. I'm sure that I could fill a few pages with all that I did wrong.

But, with all the wrong stuff that I did when young, let me tell you what I didn't do:

1. Never did drugs, nor smoked cigarettes
2. Never vandalized anyone's property
3. Never spray painted grafitti
4. Never drove around while drunk
5. Never killed anyone
6. Never broke into anyone's business or house
7. Never stole anything.
8. Never raped anyone or hurt any children
9. Never looked to start trouble with adults
10. Never disrespected police officers.

Unfortunately, there are too many single parents out there that can't and don't control their children. I recon I don't know what their thinking (if you can call it that) was when they decided to make these babies. These children are allowed to run in packs like wild dogs just looking for their next victim.

Therefore, yes, I want to see curfews. And, a real boring place for children and teenagers to live and learn responsibility. That's why I live in Seminole County and not Miami Beach. Like I said, anyone who likes big-city life should move to the big city, stay up all night - go nuts if you want. I just resent people who think that the more rural and family oritented places in Florida need to become "more progressive", "more cultural", "have more things for young people to do", "needs more entertainment", etc. No we don't. We don't need any of those things - keep them in the big city.
You know all the things you listed above are done mostly (not always) by teenagers not 21+ Club goers. Anyone under 21 can't get into the clubs on Miami Beach. Miami Beach has a curfew for teenagers, its like 11 pm. And all the clubs on Miami Beach are 21 and up. So just because there are places that are open late in a city/town doesn't mean that the things you listed would happen. The club goers are 21+ and not into graffiti like teenagers are.

I agree a curfew for teenagers is a good thing. And yes the parents of these teenagers are at fault.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:14 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
first of all Im not suggesting "rural" areas do any of a sort.I would not consider Orlando,Tampa,Clearwater,Port Richey,Daytona,Melborne and such rural.

And like I said,what do you care what someone does,going out at night and seeing a live band or whatever because it doesn't effect you.

I too tend to stay up late even at home,watching tv,on the internet and playing guitar,even when I have to work the next day.I average 5 hours sleep a day when I was working,and when I start working again.

On a weekend when I go out,which actually not that often,I like to stay out till 3 or 4am and sleep till noon.

Now,if I was your neighbor,how would my lifestyle effect yours in any way.You might not agree with my style but really it isn't any of your business.

Funny that we talk about moral standards of smaller cities,since I moved to one in the last month that I have been getting to know some people I have witnessed alot of infidelity,seems just about everyone I have met in Spring Hill is getting divorced and banging some co worker or friend,or wants to get divorced but wont because of financial situations yet is still banging a coworker or friend on the side.And funny that Spring Hill is loaded
with churches,and all these people go to one,guess they have alot of forgiving to ask....

and I just want to add,if I was your neighbor,if you asked for help doing something around your house,needed a ride somewhere,or any thing I d be the first to say sure,no problem.

Last edited by lionking; 05-21-2007 at 01:26 PM..

Old 05-23-2007, 02:42 PM

1,418 posts, read 10,191,570 times
But it does affect me. Here's how:

When I lived in an appartment, my neighbor liked to stay up all night and "dance" in his appartment. He'd crank his stereo so loud it shook my walls.

When I lived in another house, I had neighbors who liked to throw parties almost every weekend, inviting people over to "rock & roll", and I had to listen to them cursing and talking loud, smell their pot smoke, listen to their obnoxious cars, etc.

When people stay out till 3:00 a.m. most of them have been drinking, and most of them are driving on public roads with some amount of drugs and alcohol in them. Or, they are racing cars or motorcycles on public roads.

Nor do I want my kids going to school with kids who don't have parents or who's parents let them stay up or out all night long.

I really don't care what individual adults do at 3:00 a.m. in their own homes, so long as I don't have to hear, see or smell what they are doing.

Most people in small towns know that this is just total crap. We're not stupid; we know what goes on late at night and there's no need to have businesses open to encourage people to stay up all night drinking, getting stoned, racing, or otherwise causing trouble.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida