Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:23 PM

6,853 posts, read 22,471,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I'm leaving in a few weeks to spend the summer in the NC mountains! I'll be back at the end of October, right after the leaves turn!
This is the best way to experience Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 10:01 PM

1,683 posts, read 8,214,739 times
I've enjoyed this spring like no other I can remember in Florida. It hasn't seemed hot or humid to me, yet. We've spent every minute we could and eaten most of our meals outdoors for the past 2 months. I told DH today that I must be getting 'OLD and COLD" LOL!!!

Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Lightbulb ugh-

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
It has been hot in Miami, since last May 06, we only turned our a/c off for about two months Feb and March for the most part. Which isn't good, because it means things like mosquitos will be bad this year, since it hasn't gotten cold long enough to kill them. They have already started in my area in Miami.
I would be dying in that heat. Enjoy the cool mountain air in NC or NE Tennessee! We wont need central ac until maybe June Its also alot healthier for your skin-

sunny

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-30-2007 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-01-2007, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
I would be dying in that heat. Enjoy the cool mountain air in NC or NE Tennessee! We wont need central ac until maybe June Its also alot healthier for your skin-

sunny
You know growing up in Miami, it wasn't as hot as it has been the last 3 years. The last few years it has just gotten warmer and warmer. To the point we had 26 days in December this year that we spent above 80 degrees, when it is this warm, it just doesn't help to put you in the Holiday spirit. I remember as a kind in Miami seeing icicles at least 3 times a year, I am lucky if it stays at 50 for two days in a row now a days. I am trying to move, but my better half can't move that easily...

Old 05-01-2007, 06:37 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,098,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I'm leaving in a few weeks to spend the summer in the NC mountains! I'll be back at the end of October, right after the leaves turn!
Hope you enjoy the mountains but don't expect low humidity! I just checked a climate website for June - August and Asheville, NC actually has higher humidity levels than Orlando. You can compare averages here:

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/climate/sercc/climateinfo/historical/avgrh.html (broken link)

October is beautiful in NC & TN!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post
Hope you enjoy the mountains but don't expect low humidity! I just checked a climate website for June - August and Asheville, NC actually has higher humidity levels than Orlando. You can compare averages here:

http://www.dnr.sc.gov/climate/sercc/climateinfo/historical/avgrh.html (broken link)

I'll take 3 months of worse humidity over 6 months of humidity in florida any day.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:52 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,301,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiebus View Post
You know growing up in Miami, it wasn't as hot as it has been the last 3 years. The last few years it has just gotten warmer and warmer. To the point we had 26 days in December this year that we spent above 80 degrees, when it is this warm, it just doesn't help to put you in the Holiday spirit. I remember as a kind in Miami seeing icicles at least 3 times a year, I am lucky if it stays at 50 for two days in a row now a days. I am trying to move, but my better half can't move that easily...
Yeah, that was really the last straw for me..... It'd been hot for the first 7 or 8 years I was there and it was expected, don't get me wrong I'm not stupid.... Something about the last 4 or 5 years has been simply BRUTAL as far as the heat.....

Old 05-01-2007, 06:53 AM

17,539 posts, read 39,160,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post

Hehehe - I already spent last summer in Asheville, and while a little humid is is NOTHING and I mean NOTHING like Florida - the high altitude makes the air much lighter and more pleasant. I understand that other areas of NC are much more humid. Also, hardly any mosquitoes! At least compared to Florida. Yup, I will think of y'all as I sit up on my deck on the evenings which cool down into the 50's and 60's even in August!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,293,413 times
It got in the 90's here in SC yesterday and the forcast says 93 today and tommorrow.It sure beats the cold if you ask me

Old 05-01-2007, 07:37 AM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnFla View Post
its come early this year it seems. could barely breathe out there today in south florida and its not even may. smells smokey too. weather report said to expect the next cool breeze in late october which was funny. i dont hate the hot weather, so i am alright with it but it just seems like we really had no cool weather this year. perfect scenario would be november til mid april in florida and mid april through october in southern california. for all u looking to move here make sure u are ok with or like VERY hot/humid weather for half the year.
Late October for the next cool breeze!?! LOL.... I do not mean to make fun but the first "cool breeze" (which will be a 10 degrees cooler type thing) will be sometime in November.

We are getting some particles from the brushfires too. Not a lot... thank God.

The air has been already muggy and miserable since the begining of April this year, with a few "cold fronts" to cool things down.

It was 74 this morning (May 1, 2007) and the humidity.... well it was at the normal 100%. I stepped outside and began to feel my long sleeves catching some of the morning moisture in the air. I start to sweat if I stay out longer than 1 minute, even in the morning. At night it is miraculously still cool.

I am only shopping at night, but I feel the "impending doom of the 9-month oppressive heat" approaching. I know that from this day forth, it is officially summer in Florida and the earliest sign of relief will be in November. Until after Christmas day, it will be 80 degrees in the morning with 100% humidity, of course, 90 - 95 daily until 8pm with 100% humidity, and 80 at night with that "lovely" steam which rises from the ground with all the humidity and heat.

Breathing is hard, people cough a lot, kids with asthma gasp for air. Homeless people will die, northern people pass out on the wheel and cause an accident, and the elderly without A/C will die as well.

Boy, am I looking forwards to be out of Central FL in just two weeks.... awww.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida