Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,763,933 times

Advertisements

I remember Morrisons Buffet - I think the one I ate in was near Pompano?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 09:49 PM

22 posts, read 85,292 times
I remember going to a Morrison's Cafeteria (Buffet) at the Cutler Ridge Mall with my family when I was a little girl. Their food was yummy, and as a kid, I loved all the dessert selections.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:56 PM

61 posts, read 401,784 times
When I was growing up in the Fabulous Florida Keys in the 70's, there were no malls for serious shopping (like Lerner's ....). Twice a year we would make a trek to Miami and spend an entire day shopping and having lunch at Morrison's. What a wonderful place that holds such wonderful memories.

Since the prices were based on basically each dish you got I'm sure that we racked up quite the bill because I NEVER understood the 'specials' and how they worked. I think they were just trying to fool us into thinking it was a cheap way to eat.

Last edited by CG&D93; 06-20-2007 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Grammer, can you believe it?

Old 06-21-2007, 06:06 AM

1,594 posts, read 5,288,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
I remember Morrison's very well. The best buffet, in my opinion, is Holiday House. Anyone ever eat there? I have eaten at one in Orlando and one in Deland. Are they still there?
I used to eat at Holiday House all the time when I was at Stetson. It is by far the best buffet ever. Everything tasted like homemade and it really got me through being homesick sometimes. I am pretty sure the one in Deland is still there but the one on Lee Road is gone I believe. If anyone is in the Deland area then I recommend checking them out.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:14 PM

573 posts, read 2,446,566 times
Morrison's was my first job when I was 15! It's been years since I heard that name. It was in the Treasure Coast Square in Jensen Beach. I had no idea they were a chain.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 AM

904 posts, read 2,878,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj_fla View Post
I used to eat at Holiday House all the time when I was at Stetson. It is by far the best buffet ever. Everything tasted like homemade and it really got me through being homesick sometimes. I am pretty sure the one in Deland is still there but the one on Lee Road is gone I believe. If anyone is in the Deland area then I recommend checking them out.
My daughter just went to the Stetson softball camp!
This was her second year. She rode up with friends or I would have checked to see if Holiday House was still there. My Husband and I used to live in Orlando and we had a condo in Daytona. We used to take the back roads and drive through Deland just for lunch at Holiday. The one in Deland was the best.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:47 PM

698 posts, read 3,271,777 times
Yes,I enjoyed Morrison's immensely while living in Orlando.Golden Coral doesn't hold a candle to them.Morrisons was not a buffet-it was a nice cafeteria.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM

6 posts, read 26,406 times
There was also a Morrisons in Bradenton Fl on Rt 41. It too closed several years ago and a chinese buffet now occupies that building too as mentioned by the person who posted about the one that had been in Stuart FL. I believe it is called "International Buffet" Perhaps theres a connection? I agree the "GOLDEN CORAL" is super & a terrific value. The only problem I have with it is that I always seem to eat too much there !!!

Old 07-11-2007, 09:16 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,796,941 times
The Golden Corral in Homestead is good, I eat there from time to time. They know me by name, not sure if it's good or bad, the one casher always called me "shorty"..LOL!

Old 08-06-2007, 01:40 PM

294 posts, read 727,611 times
Smile Morrison's Still Exists

To all who miss Morrisons..just remember that there's still one in Zephyrhills of all places. So if you have a craving in the Tampa area and have the time to drive out there, by all means do it. It's on the main strip in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida