Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM

5,663 posts, read 10,738,350 times

Advertisements

OK, let's try this again. It is government's responsibility to manage the voting process and to assure the validity of an election's outcome. Anyone who is found, rightly or not, to have a suspect registration is contacted and asked to resolve the question and they are given ample time to do so. If someone shows up to vote and there is still a question about their right to cast a vote, they are still allowed to vote with a provisional vote. Your obsession with Scott is making you blind to the truth. Relax....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 03:22 PM

5,019 posts, read 7,221,289 times
A provisional ballot is no ballot. The voter purging is the tip of the iceberg-throw in the registration supression, the cutting of early voting hours and anyone with half a wit can see where it's headed. You're either naive or being disingenuous if you don't think this is political.

People are "obsessed" with Rick Scott because he's a crook who got away with it. Just another guy who cherry picks the parts of the law he'll abide by.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
A provisional ballot is no ballot. The voter purging is the tip of the iceberg-throw in the registration supression, the cutting of early voting hours and anyone with half a wit can see where it's headed. You're either naive or being disingenuous if you don't think this is political.

People are "obsessed" with Rick Scott because he's a crook who got away with it. Just another guy who cherry picks the parts of the law he'll abide by.

Constitution states you have to be a legal citizen to vote.

It also states many other areas that stops you from voting twice like 53,000 did in 2008.

It also stops people from voting for people who have passed away which thousands did in 2008.

Those who are doing this are criminals and need to be held accountable for their fraud and crimes they have committed.

What the heck is wrong with making sure only those who are legally allowed to vote use their right to vote?

Are you against making sure every single vote is a true and counted vote.

I want every single vote to be 100% correct by the law and Scott has shown he is following the law.

Holder knows that but is playing his games because he knows it will be held up in court until after the election and his cheaters, illegals and criminals will be able to sway the vote.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post

A provisional ballot counts as much as any other vote IF the person casting the vote is qualified and if the vote is needed to determine the outcome of the election. It's the same for military votes and absentee votes from what I've read. How much more importance can it have? And, by the way, the law applies to every individual equally. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc. all have to be legitimate voters. Same with changing voting hours. What, you think only Democrats vote during the hours that are cut?

If you are right (who knows?) that eliminating illegal voters disproportionately affects Democrat voters, why aren't you asking yourself why there are so many crooks voting on the Democrat side? Personally, I'm not so sure. I think there are zealots on both sides that would cheat if they could get away with it. Crooks voting equals crooked elections. That may be fine in Chicago but not here. You seem to have a great dislike for Scott because he is an alleged "crook". OK, whatever. So, where is your disdain for those crooks on either side who would vote illegally or use registrations of deceased or relocated people to cast illegal ballots? You don't mind them as long as they go your way? Nice...you think Scott is trying to prevent Democrats from stacking the deck (by stopping them from cheating) and argue that they should be allowed to stack the deck as much as they like. God, what twisted partisan logic!

There are things that Scott has done that have not made me happy but this isn't one of them.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbronston View Post
A provisional ballot counts as much as any other vote IF the person casting the vote is qualified and if the vote is needed to determine the outcome of the election. It's the same for military votes and absentee votes from what I've read. How much more importance can it have? And, by the way, the law applies to every individual equally. Democrats, Republicans, Independents, etc. all have to be legitimate voters. Same with changing voting hours. What, you think only Democrats vote during the hours that are cut?

If you are right (who knows?) that eliminating illegal voters disproportionately affects Democrat voters, why aren't you asking yourself why there are so many crooks voting on the Democrat side? Personally, I'm not so sure. I think there are zealots on both sides that would cheat if they could get away with it. Crooks voting equals crooked elections. That may be fine in Chicago but not here. You seem to have a great dislike for Scott because he is an alleged "crook". OK, whatever. So, where is your disdain for those crooks on either side who would vote illegally or use registrations of deceased or relocated people to cast illegal ballots? You don't mind them as long as they go your way? Nice...you think Scott is trying to prevent Democrats from stacking the deck (by stopping them from cheating) and argue that they should be allowed to stack the deck as much as they like. God, what twisted partisan logic!

There are things that Scott has done that have not made me happy but this isn't one of them.
An alleged crook? An ALLEGED crook? Lol.
How many of the Great Purge of 2012 have been PROVEN to be fraudulent voters- 2, 3, a dozen? And how much has it cost the state in money and bad press? You think people outside of Florida don't know what's going on? Not everyone is a sucker.
I guess the timing of the Great Purge, the changing of voting hours and the supression of voter registration is just a coincidence and has nothing to do with insuring a GOP victory...and unicorns are real.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:23 PM

The Great Purge? You have a name for it now? LOL How can it be a "great purge" if it affects so few people and is as inconsequential as you say it is? Hyperbole much? Please....the only stunting going on is the wild-eyed claims of unfairness coming from the whiners on the left. And, I am still waiting for you to stop complaining and address all of the real issues that have been brought up by the other posters or me. Should those who are not supposed to vote be allowed to vote or not? Should government allow voter fraud or not?

And do please tell me about Scott's conviction since, according to you, he is definitely a crook and not an alleged crook. Do tell....

Old 06-02-2012, 08:31 PM

13,258 posts, read 22,828,258 times
If you go by the early Miami-Dade numbers, at least 30% of the alleged non-citizens actually are citizens:

Florida Voter Purge Will Continue, Defying Federal Warning

Quote:
Miami-Dade County election officials issued 1,570 warning letters, said Christina White, the county chief deputy supervisor of elections. Of these, 13 people responded indicating they are not citizens and have been removed from the voter rolls. One of the voters cast one ballot in 1996. Another voted once in 2000 and again in 2004. Their names will be forwarded to the state’s attorney’s office for possible prosecution as required by law, White said.
However, Miami-Dade County will not purge other voters from the rolls because of the large number of citizens included on the state’s suspect voter list. Nearly 450 voters who received warning letters provided proof of citizenship and another 35 have made plans to do so. About 1,000 voters have not responded, White said.
So Governor Unnidicted Co-Conspirator's fishing expedition has confirmed about 1% of the Miami-Dade list contains non-citizens. And a far larger number of citizens have been hassled about their right to vote because of what seems to be a Hispanic surname.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,318,018 times
Regardless of which side of the political fence you are on, it is a violation of federal law to do these purges less than a certain number of days before an election. That is what is at issue here. It's really that simple...

Skeletor / DICK Scott is breaking federal law. I would love to see him bound and taken to jail.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:30 AM

I've read a few articles about this and I've not seen anything about a timing issue. If it is true, then I agree, the cleanup of the voter roll must comply with the law. From what I've read, though, it is not a timing issue that's at stake, it is the methodology involved. Want to argue THAT position? We will probably be on the same side. But, let's at least agree that both sides of the political spectrum should always want fair, legal, and accurate elections. Let's also agree that it is government's responsibility to assure these things. Can you agree with that? And, if so, how do you think it should be done?

Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 AM

Voter fraud has proven to be a non-issue. What every American should watch out for is HOW the votes are counted. We have to make sure a company like Diebold and it's ex-CEO Walden O'Dell are never allowed near a ballot box again.

Premier Election Solutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida