Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 08:53 AM

1,139 posts, read 3,471,872 times

Advertisements

Finally, we have the media waking up!!!

Link: The job-killing governor - St. Petersburg Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2011, 02:48 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,356,173 times
Basically you've posted an op-ed saying how the governor has had to slash spending to make expeditures = revenues. Well yeah, if you spend less on state government, you will probably have to trim its size down. No surprises there.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:47 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,025,331 times
THERE IS NO MONEY!!!!!! Cuts need to be made. The state can't spend money it does not have. I do not understand what democrats do not understand about this. If you do not have money it is best to try to save money and make money. Common sense I know.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:47 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
THERE IS NO MONEY!!!!!! Cuts need to be made. The state can't spend money it does not have. I do not understand what democrats do not understand about this. If you do not have money it is best to try to save money and make money. Common sense I know.
And are any of these gvmnt spending cuts going to affect you?,if so what sacrifices are you willing to make for the benefit of the state.
My point is its kinda easy to call for all manner of gvmnt services to be cut when you arent really getting anything personally cut, could be different if part of your income were being slashed or your lively hood were being cut
I have several friends who have worked for the county and state in some capacity and have had their jobs cut,i doubt they share your enthusiasm about job cuts to save the state.....
Also this Republican governor is in a small way giving a hint as to what the Republican party will do if elected to presidency next year slash and burn baby,cut everything,

Last edited by jambo101; 07-11-2011 at 02:58 AM..

Old 07-11-2011, 12:41 PM

1,464 posts, read 1,845,188 times
Well, Jambo, how would you address the problem? Wait, I feel a knee-jerk, liberal, moonbat answer coming: "Raise taxes on the wealthy!" Hmm.... I think there's not enough "wealthy" to balance Florida's budget, even if you took ALL their money away. Something you'd no doubt would be in favor of. What DO you do for a living, by the way?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:50 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,605,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
Well, Jambo, how would you address the problem? Wait, I feel a knee-jerk, liberal, moonbat answer coming: "Raise taxes on the wealthy!" Hmm.... I think there's not enough "wealthy" to balance Florida's budget, even if you took ALL their money away. Something you'd no doubt would be in favor of. What DO you do for a living, by the way?
A knee-jerk, conservative answer - starve the poor, give all the money, all our time, all our remaining freedoms & dignity to the wealthy, they will trickle down us to "McProsperity". Did I get that right?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiggy2 View Post
Obviously with your hateful kneejerk reaction,name calling and general rudeness further discourse is pointless.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:17 PM

399 posts, read 721,163 times
It is common sense. If you are in debt..stop spending. Yes have to make cuts, yes it's going to hurt. You have to save. Increase privatization which brings more jobs and more money. It's very uncomfortable, but in the long term it will be much better. Think about your kids the next generation.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:51 PM

357 posts, read 800,992 times
A lot of states claim they don't have the money for this or that, yet they still manage to continue funding many unnecessary programs, change the title of top gov positions in order to claim no raises are being given while paying higher salaries for these "new" positions, all while raking in record increased taxes, fines, and fees. It's all smoke and mirrors. Look into the CAFR -- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, and you will see that most states keep two different sets of books.

Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM

4,174 posts, read 4,189,689 times
I wish the Federal government start doing that.

But NO, unions will come crying about job loss. If you think you are doing a good job at your job, then you will be value elsewhere. But how many of you in the union can claim that. How many of you can say you are under pay and you can go out in the private sector and find another job that pay more with same benefits?. ZERO!!!!!!

This country does not need any more non-productive jobs. If this country want more job, just issue people spoon to dig a tunnel. We have more a lot job created and it will take years to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida