Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:56 PM

85 posts, read 159,561 times

Advertisements

i.e. Orlando?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 03:07 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
i.e. Orlando?
Who are you talking to?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:12 PM

3,262 posts, read 5,001,986 times
Why not? Not everyone loves the beach. We used to live a block and a half from the beach, and we never went there. In fact, it was an irritating place to live because it was crawling with tourists, and the salt air had to be washed off our windows every other day. We moved far away from the beach, though still in FL.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Why not? It's just like living in any other part of the country except we can get to the beach in less than an hour. On top of that, we're surrounded by world class theme parks and attractions, central location to the rest of the state, have great inland water options such as natural springs and lakes, enjoy varying topography from the rolling hills of Clermont to the swamplands of Moss Park, and ohh yeah the beaches of the Space Coast and Daytona. The truth is when I lived in Fort Myers (a coastal community) and South Florida (west of I-95) it took me just as long to get to the beach there as it does now. The reality is few of us can afford to live very close to the beach anymore.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:50 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Why not? there is things about living inland that are just fine. Some people have a fear of watery. Plus hurricanes. Orlando is not far from the beach. Better question is why one would rather move to a coastal city.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Personally no. I did once I lived in nh right next to Vermont and found not being zee to go to the beach or live near it was miserable. I live less than 10 mins from the beach and never realized how much of a comfort it is to me till I left it. Plus inner towns in fla are ungodly hot and humid. The sea breeze cuts that down slightly

Old 05-01-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
Why not? It's just like living in any other part of the country except we can get to the beach in less than an hour. On top of that, we're surrounded by world class theme parks and attractions, central location to the rest of the state, have great inland water options such as natural springs and lakes, enjoy varying topography from the rolling hills of Clermont to the swamplands of Moss Park, and ohh yeah the beaches of the Space Coast and Daytona. The truth is when I lived in Fort Myers (a coastal community) and South Florida (west of I-95) it took me just as long to get to the beach there as it does now. The reality is few of us can afford to live very close to the beach anymore.
This is like saying you live in philly and have the jersey shore....

No I am asking if you are not a beach/boating/scuba diving/surfing offshore fishing person why would you move to a tropical climate? If you are why would you move to a city where you can't have a boat slip to go out on sundays or be out of the inlet by 6am?

I mean people move here and complain about the heat when they have never set foot on a beach for 6 months let alone a boat?

Also please please please don't try and tell me central florida has varying topography I already think orlando is fake and plastic....

Old 05-01-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
Why not? there is things about living inland that are just fine. Some people have a fear of watery. Plus hurricanes. Orlando is not far from the beach. Better question is why one would rather move to a coastal city.
is this a joke?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:58 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCtransplant37 View Post
This is like saying you live in philly and have the jersey shore....

No I am asking if you are not a beach/boating/scuba diving/surfing offshore fishing person why would you move to a tropical climate? If you are why would you move to a city where you can't have a boat slip to go out on sundays or be out of the inlet by 6am?

I mean people move here and complain about the heat when they have never set foot on a beach for 6 months let alone a boat?

Also please please please don't try and tell me central florida has varying topography I already think orlando is fake and plastic....
If that's your opinion I won't try TELL you anything more because nothing is going to change your OPINION. Obviously you didn't post this thread to get any real information or opinions, you just wanted another forum to vent, post, hate on Orlando. Now I wish I could have my 10 minutes back I wasted responding to you at all.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:52 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,771,754 times
I lived in both. I lived in Orlando(Winter Park), Lake Wales(super BORING area) and I lived in Melbourne/Palm Bay/Vero Beach. I now live in Fort Myers. It doesn't matter if I am near a beach, I hardly ever go anyways. I could live anywhere in FL(except Lake Wales lol), it does not matter. I miss Orlando actually. I was so close to those theme parks.

LOL to whoever said to stay away from Hurricanes... THEY HIT EVERYWHERE............ You are not safe from them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida