Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston904 View Post
This is you from 2006 You don't have to shovel or rake heat. You just put on your bikini and sit by your pool or in your air-conditioned house and enjoy your tropical drink of choice. So this winter while you're layering clothes over your longjohns and pulling on your galoshes to shovel out your car maybe you'll think of Florida in a new light with it's sky so clear and blue they should name a crayola crayon after it. And when you get your heating bill you can think of Florida with it's winter breezes gently blowing through our patios and our opened windows, the air so fragrant they should name a perfume after it.
Ah.. here we go again. People who have to make their point by digging into the archives. PEOPLE CHANGE!!! They wake up, realize a mistake and they move on. When they move to Florida, they do that number on their heads, they tell themselves that everything is better than it was up north. I convinced myself that Florida was heaven but in fact it was a 6 year prison sentence. You'll do the same thing once you get there and then reality will set in and you'll miss the better things in life. You must be a conservative, boston, if you think everything has to be looked at as black or white.

It's November here on Cape Cod and I love it. You want me to wax poetically again or can you just get it through your head that Florida isn't for everyone. We gave it a try, we took the blinders off at the end and saw it for what it was and we left. I sure wish I had the time to backtrack your posts but they'd probably be boring. lol

And Crane's Rooster, the quote was written by me, ipoetry, and I am a poet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 09:00 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Ahh yes, now it makes sense. Well regardless of your change of heart, nice piece of writing.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:43 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAm_FloridaBorn View Post
I LOVE FLORIDA. I love this state with an all out passion......

So other posters have well established that they have wonderful reasons to dislike Florida, or to like Florida, or to prefer one place over another, or think that opinions of either transients or natives are better or worse than the other.

It is a very good thing that we each get to live our own life.

As for me, I am totally with IAm_FloridaBorn (especially the "good" list)--although I am just a part-time Floridian. I agree with those who cite the wide diversity of Florida life. In the greater Tampa Bay area alone, there is big-city living, new suburbia, old suburbia, small towns, beach villages, country, river living, the bay, the Intercoastal, and the Gulf. I've visited Panhandle beaches, Orlando, and South Florida but don't know enough to comment about them apart from their obvious allure to visitors.

I must spend part of the year and one week out of four during winter in the midwest to maintain my business, and I also love many things about that. I love the nearby big river and the little lake, things greening up in the spring, the hot summers, the changing of the leaves.

For the next several years, we'll enjoy Florida and our place up north. After that, not sure. But winter in the north...sheesh. The forecast for tonight is rain changing to snow, followed by six inches of snow tomorrow. Somewhere nearby, people will suffer broken bones just walking the dog or getting the mail and slipping on ice. A traveler and a commuter or two or four will die on the roads in the next forty-eight hours. Lips are chapped, and you cannot touch another person in your home without a static shock. The air is so dry your nose bleeds.

Have you ever noticed that most things in life are a mixed bag, including places to live? But we all have the option to bloom where we are planted, and many of us have the choice to change where we are planted.

Best wishes to the florida lovers and haters, on making the most of what you have to work with. I will pretty much be living in paradise whether I'm up here or down there.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:57 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,203,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
So other posters have well established that they have wonderful reasons to dislike Florida, or to like Florida, or to prefer one place over another, or think that opinions of either transients or natives are better or worse than the other.

It is a very good thing that we each get to live our own life.

As for me, I am totally with IAm_FloridaBorn (especially the "good" list)--although I am just a part-time Floridian. I agree with those who cite the wide diversity of Florida life. In the greater Tampa Bay area alone, there is big-city living, new suburbia, old suburbia, small towns, beach villages, country, river living, the bay, the Intercoastal, and the Gulf. I've visited Panhandle beaches, Orlando, and South Florida but don't know enough to comment about them apart from their obvious allure to visitors.

I must spend part of the year and one week out of four during winter in the midwest to maintain my business, and I also love many things about that. I love the nearby big river and the little lake, things greening up in the spring, the hot summers, the changing of the leaves.

For the next several years, we'll enjoy Florida and our place up north. After that, not sure. But winter in the north...sheesh. The forecast for tonight is rain changing to snow, followed by six inches of snow tomorrow. Somewhere nearby, people will suffer broken bones just walking the dog or getting the mail and slipping on ice. A traveler and a commuter or two or four will die on the roads in the next forty-eight hours. Lips are chapped, and you cannot touch another person in your home without a static shock. The air is so dry your nose bleeds.

Have you ever noticed that most things in life are a mixed bag, including places to live? But we all have the option to bloom where we are planted, and many of us have the choice to change where we are planted.

Best wishes to the florida lovers and haters, on making the most of what you have to work with. I will pretty much be living in paradise whether I'm up here or down there.

Thats all I ever wonder. Is if the people here who are unhappy try to make a change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida