Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2010, 12:28 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,298,815 times

Advertisements

Tattoos are beautiful

Old 04-03-2010, 01:04 AM

791 posts, read 1,426,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
I read an article regarding people who get more than 8 tattoos tend to become criminals. I kinda tend to agree with that. I think I only have 1 friend that has near 8 tattoos and she is a complete mess. Shes 24 living like she is still 18.
TRUE......

Old 04-03-2010, 04:13 AM

314 posts, read 1,182,290 times
Doesn't matter what I think.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:17 AM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.

You are not the only one who feels this way. In fact, you have plenty of common sense. If there were legislation to have them outlawed, I would lobby to get it passed. Those things are unsightly and disgusting and they don't look good on anyone. I will never, ever get one. Plus, it's expensive to get them removed since many people regret getting those things. Far and away, the most overrated fad in history.

I'd best leave this thread before I throw up. Thanks for your comments.

Old 04-03-2010, 05:22 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,447,121 times
My wife has two tattoos - a butterfly and a lady bug, both small, and both very well done. They look good.

She was in her mid-40's when she got her first. She's 57 now, and contemplating another.

I seriously doubt she'll ever have 8 or more tattoos, but if she does, I'm sure they'll be just as tasteful as the first two, that I'll like them, and that she won't suddenly become a criminal!

Old 04-03-2010, 07:11 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
No. But the problem is, they're semi-permanent. So all the women in my age range (which is static) are going to still have them if they got them. Considering that something like 6 or 7 in 10 women aged 25-45 have at least one tattoo now....the odds aren't great.

However, they would seem to be better amongst the Amish. They treat their bodies like temples.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:45 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
90%? No way that is correct. Please provide some proof to this percentage. Until then, I'm gonna say there is a 85% you aren't going to find anything because you made it up.
The results of the Christians vs atheists in prison investigation.

Old 04-04-2010, 10:31 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
I have one tattoo that my sister got me when we met for the first time ( I was 18, she was 20 ). It's a small dolphin hidden in the back of my head. Nobody can see it unless I put my hair up.

It is not trashy and it reminds me of a good time in my life. I would not change it at all!

However, people who have tattoos everywhere, including on their face, I think it's too much.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:54 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,748,694 times
I have four tattoos. Each and every one is beautiful to me. Personally, I don't give a rat's behind if you like them or not. Simply because I choose to adorn my temple while you choose to keep yours unadorned doesn't make my choice any less valid than yours.

By the way, to the person who said that tattooing is the most overrated fad in history? Tattooing is an ancient art. We (archaeologists) have physical evidence of tattooing going back 5,300 years (a mummy found in the Alps). There is written evidence dating at least 4,000 years. It's likely that people have been practicing the art of tattoo for more than 10,000 years.

I'd hardly call it a fad.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
You are not the only one who feels this way. In fact, you have plenty of common sense. If there were legislation to have them outlawed, I would lobby to get it passed. Those things are unsightly and disgusting and they don't look good on anyone. I will never, ever get one. Plus, it's expensive to get them removed since many people regret getting those things. Far and away, the most overrated fad in history.

I'd best leave this thread before I throw up. Thanks for your comments.
Wow. Because you don't like to look at them, you would get something banned. Well, I think tattoos look great on many people, and if you don't want one....don't get one!! I myself LOVE my tattoos and plan on getting more work done.

You know what they say...they only difference between tattooed and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people don't care if you have one or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I have four tattoos. Each and every one is beautiful to me. Personally, I don't give a rat's behind if you like them or not. Simply because I choose to adorn my temple while you choose to keep yours unadorned doesn't make my choice any less valid than yours.

By the way, to the person who said that tattooing is the most overrated fad in history? Tattooing is an ancient art. We (archaeologists) have physical evidence of tattooing going back 5,300 years (a mummy found in the Alps). There is written evidence dating at least 4,000 years. It's likely that people have been practicing the art of tattoo for more than 10,000 years.

I'd hardly call it a fad.
Exactly!! It's ridiculous that people think this 'fad' was only started in the last 30 years or so. Tattooing has been going on since the beginning of mankind and isn't going to stop anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty