Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 10:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,700,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
So if you wear makeup you are trashy and disturbed now too?
I prefer women who don't paint their faces. Eyelids are not supposed to be blue, for example.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:14 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,564,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I prefer women who don't paint their faces. Eyelids are not supposed to be blue, for example.
That's all fine and good, but to say women who wear makeup are trashy and disturbed (lol!) is quite a stretch.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,656,904 times
Quote:
I think she's UGLY because her skin isn't unblemished.
I for one would never judge someone as 'UGLY' because of something that silly. Actually, I find someone MORE attractive if they have well done and well placed tattoos.

We all have our preferences, I suppose. There are plenty of absolutely stunning women out there who also happen to have tattoos

Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,564,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I for one would never judge someone as 'UGLY' because of something that silly. Actually, I find someone MORE attractive if they have well done and well placed tattoos.

We all have our preferences, I suppose. There are plenty of absolutely stunning women out there who also happen to have tattoos
What? Angelina Jolie is SO ugly!

Megan Fox too! Haha.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
What? Angelina Jolie is SO ugly!

Megan Fox too! Haha.
Sabina Kelley is one of the most gorgeous people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Seriously. Google her... and yes, she actually looks like that in real life...her skin is absolutely perfect and her tattoos really are that bright.

I have such a girl crush on her

Old 04-08-2010, 01:27 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,473,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
Know what I think when I see all these kids with goofy tattoos?

One day the brightly colored crisp tattoo on your shoulder will slide down your body into a wrinkly pool of stretched out blurred out color faded skin and look so ugly.

They all look so ridiculous to me.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Know what I think when I see all these kids with goofy tattoos?

One day the brightly colored crisp tattoo on your shoulder will slide down your body into a wrinkly pool of stretched out blurred out color faded skin and look so ugly.

They all look so ridiculous to me.
Actually....tattoos on your arm will stay basically the same as long as you get moderately regular touch ups, keep out of the sun as much as possible (that' what causes fading) and don't lose/gain a huge amount of weight.

The tattoo ink that was used on older peoples are vastly different than the inks used today. They are longer lasting, and are less apt to fading. It also depends on how experienced your artist is. There's a surprising amount of technical knowledge you need to do a great tattoo. There are varying speeds on the machine itself, different types and sizes of needles and different types of inks. If the artist doesn't go into the right skin layer, the tattoo will fade or bleed a lot quicker. If the artist goes too deep, it will hurt more and could damage the lower layers of skin.

So...there's a lot more to it than meets the eye. A large part of it has to do with how the person takes care of the skin afterwards. Myself, I don't tan PERIOD. I might as well hold stock in lotions and sunscreen companies. I also wear large hats and carry an umbrella with me when I'm out in the sun. I use a special lotion on my tattoos every night after cleaning them thoroughly with unscented soap.

My oldest tattoo is nearly 7 years old...and it literally looks days old. I've also surprised tattoo artists on many occasions with the age of my tattoos. I take pride in them and take care of the accordingly.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:44 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,223,190 times
Quote:
You think what? That the woman you're looking at could have a different taste in art than you do? That that woman spent HOURS upon HOURS designing and receiving her tattoos? That that woman is a college educated engineer who has her pilot's license? That she has a family? That she owns her own business?

Or do you just assume she's a prostitute or 'easy' because she decided to get her body adorned with color.

Kind of reminds me of the time I was at a business meeting a few years back with some of our regional managers (this was at a retail place I was managing) and a girl walked by with a tattoo on her back. 2 of the managers then decided to go on a rant about how trashy and 'easy' they were, making innuendos the entire time. They had NO idea that one of their store managers, the woman sitting right across from them had half sleeves (I didn't have my full sleeve done at the time.). The woman THEY hired and THEY were paying quite a bit of money to manage THEIR inventory.

Interesting how life works, eh?

Interesting, too, how some people get their panties in a wad because someone else dares to have an opinion that differs from theirs.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,700,862 times
Quote:

I consider Cindy Crawford as unattractive because of that mole too. If a woman wants to be considered a 10 --to me--she needs to have flawless skin, no makeup or tattoos or piercings.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
I consider Cindy Crawford as unattractive because of that mole too. If a woman wants to be considered a 10 --to me--she needs to have flawless skin, no makeup or tattoos or piercings.
Really? Interesting. I honestly doubt that you'll ever find a woman who has absolutely flawless skin without a single blemish, though.

I was born with a mole on the back of my neck... and unless it turns out to be cancerous, I don't plan on removing it, that would be silly. But, everyone has their preferences, so good luck finding that gal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty