Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 03:29 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
That's all fine and good, but to say women who wear makeup are trashy and disturbed (lol!) is quite a stretch.
I don't think they're trashy or disturbed, but I don't find them at all attractive.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,713,716 times
JetJockey,

I never said I expected a "10". I'll settle for a "4" or "5". A woman doesn't have to be attractive to me for me to engage in a relationship with her.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,666,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Interesting, too, how some people get their panties in a wad because someone else dares to have an opinion that differs from theirs.
Ah, but there's a difference between saying 'I don't like them' and to infer that all women who have them are , which I took to mean sl-uts, wh-ores etc etc. Maybe I was incorrect in my assumption.

I don't really care if people say they don't like tattoos. I get my 'panties in a wad' when people say that women who have them are trashy, or wh-ores or anything along those lines. It's a direct insult to myself and I absolutely will not stand for that.

You can have your opinions, I certainly have mine... but to infer that I'm somehow a lesser human being because I'm a tattooed woman is ridiculous.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
JetJockey,

I never said I expected a "10". I'll settle for a "4" or "5". A woman doesn't have to be attractive to me for me to engage in a relationship with her.
Duly noted

I'm nowhere near a 10 on anyone's scale (except maybe the hubby's) but I'm pretty darn happy with the way my life is turning out, so I guess I can't complain too much, tattoos or not.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,338,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok
I think that women, or men, who wear makeup have something a little off about them emotionally. They obviously have low self-esteem and crave attention. "Stare at my lips, eyelashes, cheek bones, etc". These are trashy and disturbed people.
So if you wear makeup you are trashy and disturbed now too?
Should have put sarcasm tags on this.

I was trying to make the point that a tattoo is no different than makeup, a hair style or clothing styles. All are a person's personal preference of how they want to display themselves

Old 04-08-2010, 03:35 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,539,736 times
its not a style. its a prophesy coming true. mark of the beast.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,338,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
its not a style. its a prophesy coming true. mark of the beast.
Tattoos are older than the bible, the jesus myth and monotheism you know

Old 04-08-2010, 04:57 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,228,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ah, but there's a difference between saying 'I don't like them' and to infer that all women who have them are , which I took to mean sl-uts, wh-ores etc etc. Maybe I was incorrect in my assumption.

I don't really care if people say they don't like tattoos. I get my 'panties in a wad' when people say that women who have them are trashy, or wh-ores or anything along those lines. It's a direct insult to myself and I absolutely will not stand for that.

You can have your opinions, I certainly have mine... but to infer that I'm somehow a lesser human being because I'm a tattooed woman is ridiculous.
means whatever you want it to mean and it's obvious you want it to mean that I think women who have tattoos are sluts or whores--all words from your mouth, not mine. Others who have posted here have used words like "trashy", "tacky", "a little off", "nasty", "cheap", "criminal tendencies" etc. and you didn't go ballistic then. Why go go into a rage with me? If "trashy" and "cheap" don't mean "slutty", then what does it mean? If "a little off" doesn't mean, in the context of this thread, "insecure" or "unbalanced", what does it mean? My observation of your overreaction to my post is that "the lady doth protest too much".

Old 04-08-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
means whatever you want it to mean and it's obvious you want it to mean that I think women who have tattoos are sluts or whores--all words from your mouth, not mine. Others who have posted here have used words like "trashy", "tacky", "a little off", "nasty", "cheap", "criminal tendencies" etc. and you didn't go ballistic then. Why go go into a rage with me? If "trashy" and "cheap" don't mean "slutty", then what does it mean? If "a little off" doesn't mean, in the context of this thread, "insecure" or "unbalanced", what does it mean? My observation of your overreaction to my post is that "the lady doth protest too much".
Then I apologize if I assumed incorrectly.

And I definitely didn't go into a 'rage' so to speak... I was simply speaking my mind.

From now on, I am going to assume that you meant 'Women with tattoos are bright, articulate, intelligent, even headed, and attractive'.

And yes, I do believe I did rally against the people who called me trashy, tacky and assumed I was a criminal because I have more than '8' tattoos. Which is funny, because technically I only have 3 .

I am not trashy, I am not slutty, I am absolutely not cheap, insecure, unbalanced or any of the above terms you have used to describe myself and women like me. In fact, I'm a college educated woman who is in a long term relationship, doesn't do drugs and has barely gotten a speeding ticket.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:35 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,967,894 times
I just think the 'sleeves' and covering your self is pretty foolish (unless your Yakuza then its ok). Nothing wrong with a few marks. But the whole piercing thing and those big ear hoops are well beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty