Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 05:57 PM

515 posts, read 717,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
You must be pretty young. Up until the early to mid ninities the only people with tatoos were sailors, gang bangers and bikers. Women did not get tattoos. The current popularity of ink is a fad. It may be a fad that lasts a decade or 2, but it is a fad. Unfortunately for the owners, the tattoos themselves are permenant and will out last the fad.

Look at it this way. Afro's were popular in the 60's and 70's. If you could have gotten one permenantly, surgically attached to your skull would you have done it?? Would you be regretting it now if you had?
Oh, you are so right! Tattoo-less, I'm waiting impatiently for this current fad to wane so that I can invest heavily in those laser tattoo removal centers.

I predict a huge rush... wow! I can almost feel my money doubling or more!

Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,470,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Actually.... many people who have tattoos are really hoping and wishing that the fad ends. Like I said earlier, I don't like being put in he same category as Britney with a dolphin tattoo on her ankle.

Did you ever think that some people who have tattoos actually thought them out and like them? Not everyone regrets their ink....

Both my parents are bikers and have tattoos I far prefer my crazy biker parents to an investment banker or office drone.

Hey, If you are really into tattoo's, good for you. But I think all the "Britney's" out there vastly outnumber the serious Ink-inista's. The Britney's are also the ones who are gonna feel real dumb in another 10-15 years.

Kind of like this:

Funny SNL Skit - The tattoo remover

Old 03-31-2010, 06:02 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,470,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Oh, you are so right! Tattoo-less, I'm waiting impatiently for this current fad to wane so that I can invest heavily in those laser tattoo removal centers.

I predict a huge rush... wow! I can almost feel my money doubling or more!
Too Late! Turlingtons lower back tatoo remover already beat you to it!

Funny SNL Skit - The tattoo remover

Old 03-31-2010, 06:23 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,437,869 times
Tattoos were cool back in the 80's and early 90's. Now everyone and their mother has one and it has become a very sheepish, trendy way to conform.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:11 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,577,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
Thank you! I love this thread! Time to vent.....

Im a 30 year old male. I have NO tattoos. I dont want those things at all, I dont think people that have tats should be judged based on the fact, but personally they are not for me.

Now I do have an issue when dating women ask me why I dont have tattoos, I tell em Im not into that, and they automatically give me the "boring stamp" based on it. Mentally I say F em but, when the opportunity for intercourse come I do my best to rough em up in the sack. Women like this deserve it. I dont have tattoos u do cool....but dont assume im some ******* softy because Im not interested in wasting money drawing little pictures on my body. I plan to get old. Those things look bad on old people.

Im a wild out of control guy, very free spirit, I just lack the desire, I respect people that have them. Its their body so they can do as they please. Just need tattooed women to not assume crap lol.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,939,929 times
No when I see a otherwise pretty girl and then see a tatoo;I start to see biker written all over. Just looks cheap to me in all honesty.But liie tehy say everyone is different.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:37 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,811,025 times
Tattoos will fade in popularity like every other trend. Guys with earrings is another trend that ended about five to ten years ago. At least with earrings you could take them out...not the same with permanent ink on your skin. I've only seen tattoos look good on a few people and those are usually guys who also use body enhancing drugs like HGH and steroids. Those are the only people who look good enough to pull off tattoos. Tattoos, especially large/colorful ones, look hideous on most people. A couple small ones nobody can see, no big deal. A giant colorful tattoo that goes all over your back, arms, and legs...gag me! The closest comparison would be to take a four year old kid and get them boozed up. After that, hand them Crayola's newest crayons sporting colors like burnt sienna, banana crapana, and christmas bile then let him/her go nuts.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:42 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,162,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I know some people will say I'm too conservative. But I think tatoos are trashy. I don't see what is attractive about having colored ink on ones skin. Not to mention the fact that people complain about not having money, yet they're blowing it on tatoos, piercings and other nonsense.

I also tend to think that people who get tattoos, especially those who have a lot of them, have something that's a little off about them emotionally.

Does anyone else, agree? Disagree? I'm sure the people who have tatoos will disagree and most of those who agree won't have them.
I have never liked them on men or women. No one I have ever dated/married has had one. My dad had two, which he got in WWII in the Army. I was fascinated by them as a child. But as an adult I find the practice distasteful.

The worst are these terrible tribal tattoos on women. Big, black bands of ink. Not pretty, not attractive. I could see *maybe* a butterfly on an ankle or a star or a bumblebee. But these big, ugly black things. What is the attraction?

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,396,612 times
I don't have any tatoos, because there is no image in the world that I would want on my body permanently.

However, I appreciate the art that goes into tatoos. Some of them are truly masterpieces...although some are straight up hideous.

I also enjoy looking at people with numerous tatoos and like asking them why they got them and what they mean.

It basically the artist in me speaking.

By the way, tatoos will never go out of style. They are here to stay, folks.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:58 PM

1,032 posts, read 2,711,620 times
I dont have any tattoos but I dont mind them. I've seen some really classy ones. But for the women who have the biiiiig ones on their arms and legs, that is not attractive to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty