Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which top do you think minimizes a large bust
Triangle 1 5.26%
Bandeau 3 15.79%
Halter 5 26.32%
Tankini 11 57.89%
Other - please specify 2 10.53%
Please no more boob or bikini questions 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:56 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sorry for another boob thread. I'm getting frustrated trying to find a swimsuit this year. I'm looking for a bikini top that minimizes the size of your chest. So far I've narrowed it down to the bandeau top and the no underwire halter top. The halter seems to cover way more than the triangle top and the bandeau top seems to flatten the chest down. What are your thoughts?
Why do you want to minimize the look of your breast, lady? Be proud of how you look. The beauty comes from within. A woman could have small breast and yet look so lovely by simple confidence and displays pride of her body as it is.

Well, let me go this route. Why do you want to make your breast look smaller?

However, since I am a man and do not wear what you wear I do not know the different types of bikini tops.
I have no doubt you look lovely the way you are.

Maybe it is not for me to comment on this one but I just think women that love their bodies do not see the need to try to change its looks. Those women are beautiful in my opinion.

My two cents.

You have a great day.
El Amigo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 11:52 AM

1,367 posts, read 5,741,337 times
What about a one-piece halter top? I think that one-pieces often look better than tankinis, you don't end up with the top bunching up and or have a line across your stomach that can make you look wider/shorter. Also, a lot of one-pieces have more of a glam/old Hollywood look that can be cute!

I'm thinking of something like this (although don't know if this comes in the right size, but this is the style I'm thinking of):
Sunkissed Shirred Front One Piece

Old 04-15-2009, 12:22 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
I seriously doubt the OP is worried about looking dumpy of short...I think the point was not having her "girls" be the center attraction when she puts her bikini on. Women who are exceptionally endowed up top can be accused of being "tawdry" or "full of herself" and I think the goal was to not attract unwanted attention and still be able to get away with wearing a bikini.

Plus, this was a post started for last bikini season if I'm not mistaken - I suspect she has already found a bathing suit since then.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:37 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,741,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
I seriously doubt the OP is worried about looking dumpy of short...I think the point was not having her "girls" be the center attraction when she puts her bikini on. Women who are exceptionally endowed up top can be accused of being "tawdry" or "full of herself" and I think the goal was to not attract unwanted attention and still be able to get away with wearing a bikini.

Plus, this was a post started for last bikini season if I'm not mistaken - I suspect she has already found a bathing suit since then.
Oh geez, it is old!

(but I still think that with a big chest one pieces usually look better than tankinis! Not saying they make anyone look dumpy, just that with bigger boobs having a smoother one piece will attract less attention to them)

Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

LOL, yes it is from last year, I do have a new suit, always can use good advice though.

And you are so correct on the reasons. It's not the unwanted attention from men that bothers me. It is the reaction/very unwanted attention from women most of the time. Sometimes they try to make you feel so horrible about yourself. I know you know what I'm talking about

Old 04-15-2009, 09:18 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
Hey MonaLisaVito - why don't you post a pic of yourself here in your current swimsuits so we can critique you!? Show off your beauty! If you show your's I'll pose in my Miraclesuit Size 8 one piece for ya and post it too! I'd love to see you in a swimsuit! Don't be ashamed, be proud! And don't hide those boobs ... guys like them!

Why not try those slimming Miraclesuit swimsuits too! You know, I got 43 womens swimsuits [1 bikini set, all else 1 pieces].

Old 04-15-2009, 09:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,561 times
The bandeau style usually makes boobs look smaller, imo.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:48 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
It's not the unwanted attention from men that bothers me. It is the reaction/very unwanted attention from women most of the time. Sometimes they try to make you feel so horrible about yourself. I know you know what I'm talking about
I say screw 'em! Be proud of your figure!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:52 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Hey MonaLisaVito - why don't you post a pic of yourself here in your current swimsuits so we can critique you!? Show off your beauty! If you show your's I'll pose in my Miraclesuit Size 8 one piece for ya and post it too! I'd love to see you in a swimsuit! Don't be ashamed, be proud! And don't hide those boobs ... guys like them!

Why not try those slimming Miraclesuit swimsuits too! You know, I got 43 womens swimsuits [1 bikini set, all else 1 pieces].
You have 42 one piece suits??? Why on earth?

Old 04-16-2009, 05:37 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,746,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
You have 42 one piece suits??? Why on earth?
I love the beauty of 1 piece swimsuits too! I pay from $2 for nice thrift store ones to my most expensive $64 ebay Miraclesuit size 8.

It was awesome getting TYR swimsuits for $1.80 thrift each when they cost $65 at Sports Authority! I like the feel of wearing various styles and cuts and back designs of 1 piece swimsuits.

Gosh... I wish I were a HOT ALPHA CHICK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty