Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which top do you think minimizes a large bust
Triangle 1 5.26%
Bandeau 3 15.79%
Halter 5 26.32%
Tankini 11 57.89%
Other - please specify 2 10.53%
Please no more boob or bikini questions 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:33 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,632,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Something is odd about this... if you don't want folks to notice your chest, a bikini is not what you should be wearing. Really, isn't that just common sense?

I've been large chested since I was 11yo. I could wear a burlap tent dress and these things would be noticed!

If you're uncomfortable though, maybe a tankini top would be something to look into.
It takes some 'work' to keep from looking sagging and smooshed. I dont think its about not being noticed, but being comfortable and not falling out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 08:05 AM

6 posts, read 18,685 times
I agree with the tankini giving the illusion of a less fuller chest. I think the bandeau style would also work.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:58 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,441,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Thanks for all the responses so far. I guess a tankini is what I'll be trying on next. I've tried Victoria's Secret but the tops run so small, even the extra larges.

ssksc, I agree it's gonna be noticeable no matter what I wear. I just want something that minimizes it a bit. I was hoping the bandeau top had this effect, but I guess maybe it does not. I hardly ever wear one pieces, the only thing different about it is it covers up your stomach and lower back really. Plus all the one pieces nowadays have underwire and push up padding anyway.
MLV.....You have the same "problem" like me....LOL....and here's what I have to do....
First, I have to stick with the "mix and match" type of bathing pieces, which come in CUP SIZES. Because even the L or XL (IF available) don't fit right.
Bandeau pieces have the tendency to "squash and push", not giving me enough "uplift" in the way that I like.
Triangle tops are a bit tricky, since they like to "shift" on me, and the thin strap tied at the neck hurts after a while.
Tankini's are not really my favorite, to be honest with you (just don't like the "look", I guess )

I end up buying halter styles, or regular "bra styles"....since it gives me everything I need and look for...like: wider straps, uplift, definition, style.
So, I HAVE to mix and match....period.
Also, there are some pieces boosting "chest or bust minimizer"....just to try them on, and end up looking like a "squashed sausage" on the top.....LOL.
Trial and error.... trying tons of pieces on, to see if they really suit you, is a bit exhausting, not to mention frustrating.
But, once you find that "THAT'S IT" style for yourself, it will be so easy for the future to find the right pieces. Because now, you will know exactly, what to look for.
Here are some places I buy: Victoria's Secret, Venus Swimwear and Newport News.
Good luck, MLV!

Last edited by MB2; 05-28-2008 at 07:27 AM..

Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,620,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
You could try Newport News.
Thanks again for the Newport News tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
MLV.....You have the same "problem" like me....LOL....and here's what I have to do....
First, I have to stick with the "mix and match" type of bathing pieces, which come in CUP SIZES. Because even the L or XL (IF available) don't fit right.
Bandeau pieces have the tendency to "squash and push", not giving me enough "uplift" in the way that I like.
Triangle tops are a bit tricky, since they like to "shift" on me, and the thin strap tied at the neck hurts after a while.
Tankini's are not really my favorite, to be honest with you (just don't like the "look", I guess )

I end up buying halter styles, or regular "bra styles"....since it gives me everything I need and look for...like: wider straps, uplift, definition, style.
So, I HAVE to mix and match....period.
Also, there are some pieces boosting "chest or bust minimizer"....just to try them on, and end up looking like a "squashed sausage" on the top.....LOL.
Trial and error.... trying tons of pieces on, to see if they really suit you, is a bit exhausting, not to mention frustrating.
But, once you find that "THAT'S IT" style for yourself, it will be so easy for the future to find the right pieces. Because now, you will know exactly, what to look for.
Here are some places I buy: Victoria's Secret, Venus Swimwear and Newport News.
Good luck, MLV!
Thanks MB2, I agree tankinis are not my fav either, but I ended up buying one anyway. The triangles are actually my favorite, but I think it's time to start saving those for when me and hubby go away together without the kids . I ended up buying these two tops from Newport News. I haven't got them yet, but I'm hoping that they fit

Halter Top
Newport-News: Women's Clothing, Sportswear, Shoes, Jeans, Special Sizes, and more | Product Page (http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=32677138&index=67&gp_ coll_id=2012&gp_cat_id=7505&nav_cat_id=8913&catego ry_id=8914 - broken link)

Tankini Top
Newport-News: Women's Clothing, Sportswear, Shoes, Jeans, Special Sizes, and more | Product Page (http://www.newport-news.com/shop/product_single.aspx?style_id=32672138&index=64&gp_ coll_id=2012&gp_cat_id=7505&nav_cat_id=8913&catego ry_id=8914 - broken link)

Old 05-29-2008, 07:08 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,247,496 times
Triangle and halter tops will emphasize a large chest. bandeau tops are just unflattering on anyone, they just mash everything down. Nike makes a nice sports bikini that has a full coverage top, the top is also lined, so nipping.

Old 05-29-2008, 07:24 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,470,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sorry for another boob thread. I'm getting frustrated trying to find a swimsuit this year. I'm looking for a bikini top that minimizes the size of your chest. So far I've narrowed it down to the bandeau top and the no underwire halter top. The halter seems to cover way more than the triangle top and the bandeau top seems to flatten the chest down. What are your thoughts?
Victoria Secrets usually carries a nice selection. In the collection there is usually a couple choices of bottoms and tops, some for bigger assets and some for smaller, they also have bras in them.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:18 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,632,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Triangle and halter tops will emphasize a large chest. bandeau tops are just unflattering on anyone, they just mash everything down. Nike makes a nice sports bikini that has a full coverage top, the top is also lined, so nipping.
You have to get a halter with a built in bra to hold those ladies up.

Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM

77 posts, read 283,259 times
I absolutely love Newport News bikinis. I am DD and have several bikinis from them. Definitely halter tops are best for large bust.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,315 times
Yea so am I! I am a 38H in a bra and I am looking for a two piece swim suite to wear this summer so I can fit in with everyone else!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,910 times
I'd go with the tankini. I think it does the 'minimizing' job well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty