Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 06:18 PM

169 posts, read 180,122 times

Advertisements

First - thank you!

Second - you're lovely before and after!

Third - wow, that's quite a difference. And your eyelids before aren't even as heavy as mine are right now. You did not look like a Shar Pei

I know you said insurance paid for the muscle part, but would you mind saying how much the skin removal was? I believe you were going to pay for that out of pocket. I'm in MO, and figure costs in NC wouldn't be too far off from here, or at least not as different as CA or NY or somewhere like that.

Originally, to get the diagnosis that your eyelids were interfering with your vision, did you just go to your ophthalmologist, or someone else?

I'm glad everything turned out so well and you're happy with it. I have lots of wrinkles but what bothers me is the eyelids, and it's because they interfere with vision. Some mornings that first look in the mirror is pretty sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 07:19 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,128,829 times
Thanks!.. yes.. I would love to be able to actually see my eye shadow again! And your vision is good again? (I have 1 eye that has retinal vein occlusion (burst vessel) and it's like looking thru a glass of water) I can't afford for my left eye to lose any vision. At all. Can't read anything thru my right eye. I mostly see a lot of other stuff via my peripheral vision with my right eye and my lids are making my peripheral vision worse. I'll definitely be looking into this.
Although, I guess when they did the one good eye and I would be depending on the other eye for vision while it heals I'd be at a loss since I live alone and don't know if I could get along. I certainly wouldn't be able to drive or read anything.

Thanks so much for the pics, looks great!

Old 11-21-2020, 05:28 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,648,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
After years of hating my droopy eye lids (I resemble a shar Pei dog!) my eye Dr confirmed that it was impairing my vision by 30% and sent me to a ocularfacial surgeon!
I had my consult and of COURSE they tried to up-sell me on a brow lift too. I've decided not to go ahead with that (mostly due to the cost) but the surprising part is that insurance just pays for the muscle tightening of the eye lid and not the skin removal part which is out of pocket.
I think I've decided to go ahead and pay for the skin removal part also.
My question is:
Has anyone done this? Are you happy with the results? Was there a noticeable different (to you anyway)?
Did any part of it go through insurance?
I had this done 22 years ago and never regretted it. Piece of cake.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:29 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDreamer16 View Post
First - thank you!

Second - you're lovely before and after!

Third - wow, that's quite a difference. And your eyelids before aren't even as heavy as mine are right now. You did not look like a Shar Pei

I know you said insurance paid for the muscle part, but would you mind saying how much the skin removal was? I believe you were going to pay for that out of pocket. I'm in MO, and figure costs in NC wouldn't be too far off from here, or at least not as different as CA or NY or somewhere like that.

Originally, to get the diagnosis that your eyelids were interfering with your vision, did you just go to your ophthalmologist, or someone else?
Thank you . My optometrist gave me the referral to the eye surgeon and I had to have a field of vision test there which indicated how much my peripheral vision was impaired. The out of pocket expense for the skin removal was $1500.

Old 11-24-2020, 08:28 PM

269 posts, read 480,972 times
Wow, you look great! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-25-2020, 06:22 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,880 times
That is a very nice result, and very natural! You look great.

Old 01-06-2021, 09:07 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
thanks for sharing the results. you look great!

I heard it only lasts up to 10 years and then you are back to how you were before?

Old 01-12-2021, 09:15 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
thanks for sharing the results. you look great!

I heard it only lasts up to 10 years and then you are back to how you were before?
Gosh - I hope not. Seems like he removed a good amount of skin so I can't imagine skin that took almost 50 years to build up could all return in just 10 years?

Old 01-14-2021, 10:30 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Gosh - I hope not. Seems like he removed a good amount of skin so I can't imagine skin that took almost 50 years to build up could all return in just 10 years?
I had a consultation last week and also googled - it says the eyelids come down again in 7-10 years. Same with neck lifts even though they remove the excess skin. It all comes back.

So my plastic surgeon said to go for a endotine brow lift instead of eyelid lift. Did you talk with your doctor about that, too?

I much rather have my brows tucked up and the staples hidden in my hair than having anyone cut around on my eyes.

Did you talk with your dr about brow lift instead of eyelift, too or was that never an option? I am just trying to figure out why we get different recommendations for the same issue.

Old 01-14-2021, 10:54 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I went back to the Dr yesterday as my vision is so blurry and I literally can't close one of my eyes. He is worried that scar tissue has built up under the eye lid so I go back tomorrow and possibly back under the knife which I am NOT excited about
So it's been rough - would I do it again? I don't know. I guess ask me in a month. I'm hoping that it's like childbirth and you just forget all the pain after a while. But not being able to close my eye for a week now is no joke.
Wow, thank so much for sharing your story of the aftermath to surgery! It's so important for people to have this information! I hope your recovery process improves. Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty