Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2020, 06:31 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times

Advertisements

Very informative thread, thank you folks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 09:09 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,213 times
Update on me. I'm almost 3 weeks out and the eye that everything went perfectly on looks great IMO! My eye is super open and just more youthful looking and I look way less tired! (I know it looks good because now all I notice are my other wrinkles and aging, where before all I could notice was my eye). I'm "massaging" my scar as I'm supposed to and hoping that starts to look better with time.
The other eye looks good in terms of bruising etc, but I'm only under 2 weeks out from the 2nd procedure and I still don't have full eye lid opening so it looks like my one eye is half closed, which I"m obviously not happy about. I go back to the Dr next week and I"m imagining, that unless, there's a ton of improvement in the next week, that I may have to have another procedure on that eye.

Old 09-22-2020, 01:14 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Update on me. I'm almost 3 weeks out and the eye that everything went perfectly on looks great IMO! My eye is super open and just more youthful looking and I look way less tired! (I know it looks good because now all I notice are my other wrinkles and aging, where before all I could notice was my eye). I'm "massaging" my scar as I'm supposed to and hoping that starts to look better with time.
The other eye looks good in terms of bruising etc, but I'm only under 2 weeks out from the 2nd procedure and I still don't have full eye lid opening so it looks like my one eye is half closed, which I"m obviously not happy about. I go back to the Dr next week and I"m imagining, that unless, there's a ton of improvement in the next week, that I may have to have another procedure on that eye.
Oh geez, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you like this doctor, but do you think maybe a second opinion might be in order before a third procedure is done? Like, from a doctor in a larger city teaching hospital or something?

Old 09-22-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Oh geez, I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you like this doctor, but do you think maybe a second opinion might be in order before a third procedure is done? Like, from a doctor in a larger city teaching hospital or something?
Food for thought! I'm in Raleigh, NC where we have Duke and UNC so pretty huge hospitals. My Dr is pretty high up here in this area. He actually serves at the University of North Carolina’s Department of Ophthalmology as a clinical assistant professor. I'm an odd healing case from all accounts. I will definitely think about it though depending on what they say at the next appointment.

Old 09-22-2020, 08:23 PM

5,589 posts, read 8,402,263 times
Quote:
Food for thought! I'm in Raleigh, NC where we have Duke and UNC so pretty huge hospitals. My Dr is pretty high up here in this area. He actually serves at the University of North Carolina’s Department of Ophthalmology as a clinical assistant professor. I'm an odd healing case from all accounts. I will definitely think about it though depending on what they say at the next appointment.
Yep, not some yokel, for sure. I understand on the odd healing -- I just had my gallbladder out and am still having problems after four weeks. I hate to post or mention anything about it because everyone starts asking a million questions and wants to diagnose the problem for me. But I know myself, and I'm always having some kind of weird side-effects!

Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Yep, not some yokel, for sure. I understand on the odd healing -- I just had my gallbladder out and am still having problems after four weeks. I hate to post or mention anything about it because everyone starts asking a million questions and wants to diagnose the problem for me. But I know myself, and I'm always having some kind of weird side-effects!
Ha me too! They actually asked me if I bruise easily (last week) and I bruise SO easily! And the bruise will stick around for ages also - sometimes 2-3 months. I had two full body rashes last year - one that sent me to the ER for no reason whatsoever! Not allergy triggered (to anything specific).

Old 09-23-2020, 07:18 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,125,092 times
Quote:

Hi, I have a question that I hope you don't find as too invasive but... since you've experienced a problem with the one eye and have had subsequent procedure(s)... are you responsible for the cost of the additional procedure(s)?

Old 09-23-2020, 07:46 AM

102 posts, read 66,378 times
Several years ago, a male co-worker of mine had eye lift surgery. He was in his mid 60s or so. It made lot of difference for him. He was able to see better and it made him look younger. The only drawback was it took him several weeks before the bruising went away.

Old 09-23-2020, 11:00 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Hi, I have a question that I hope you don't find as too invasive but... since you've experienced a problem with the one eye and have had subsequent procedure(s)... are you responsible for the cost of the additional procedure(s)?
that is a good question. I would like to know, too.

Sorry, OP, for all you have to go through.

Old 09-23-2020, 07:49 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,439 times
My aunt had one. She looks good. In her 60's now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty