Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:08 PM

5 posts, read 53,078 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Little Rosie is doing very well now and fully recovered from her skin issues but now I noticed today she has what looks like a wart growing right in the back corner of her upper eye lid. It looks pinkish and like a wart except for the "cauliflower" like look to it. I made an appointment with my vet but couldn't get one til monday and was just wondering if anyone has seen this before. All comments greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleDad#5 View Post
Hi,
Little Rosie is doing very well now and fully recovered from her skin issues but now I noticed today she has what looks like a wart growing right in the back corner of her upper eye lid. It looks pinkish and like a wart except for the "cauliflower" like look to it. I made an appointment with my vet but couldn't get one til monday and was just wondering if anyone has seen this before. All comments greatly appreciated!
Sounds like it could be a sty. Our Gator has skin issues and does occationally get stys when the pollen count is high. Best bet is to have the vet look at it. Does it seem to be bothering her at all?

Old 04-09-2011, 07:21 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
My cocker spaniel developed pink warts after about 14 -15 years and one black on or two smooshed together on the lid under the eye. At first it wasn't big and the vet said its not something that will affect her vision or cause her discomfort, but he'd look at it again next visit and it could be safely removed if it needed to be.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:44 AM

30,488 posts, read 16,198,344 times
my Jessie had something like that. Vet said to just keep watching to see if it started bothering her (never did). But of course without seeing it, no way to tell if it's the same thing so, yea, let the vet look at it.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:40 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,314,019 times
My beagle developed warts around her eyes as she got older, including one on her lower eyelid that grew large enough to start pushing on her eyeball. It was clearly uncomfortable for her, and the vet removed it. It was a black wart but she has pink, cauliflower-like warts elsewhere on her body.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM

455 posts, read 1,238,367 times
I haven't experienced anything like this with any of my dogs, sorry I can't offer any advice - I just didn't want to read and run.

I hope everything works out okay. Keep us posted.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:17 PM

5 posts, read 53,078 times
Hi,
No it doesn't bother her at all but it seems to be getting bigger... hopefully the vet will take care of it for me. Poor little dog has been through so much in her short life.... but atleast now she is loved like she deserves.. thanks everyone. Will keep you all updated.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:21 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,941,485 times
Definitely a sty and not serious - although due to the location, it may end up being a big procedure to remove. Your vet should have an idea. It couldn't hurt to get a referral to a Veterinary Opthamologist. One of our dogs has the same thing but it isn't growing so the Opthamologist does not want to remove it.

Good Luck!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:18 PM

3,748 posts, read 12,400,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleDad#5 View Post
Hi,
No it doesn't bother her at all but it seems to be getting bigger... hopefully the vet will take care of it for me. Poor little dog has been through so much in her short life.... but atleast now she is loved like she deserves.. thanks everyone. Will keep you all updated.
Definately give her a hug and let us know what the vet says.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 AM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
My sweet girl had a wart like growth on her eyelid to upper corner.....the vet removed it.....it grew back ... the vet was surpised, removed it again and this time had it biopsied....the test was negative and its been over a year....and no further problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs