Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 12:15 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
Kenny Rogers is a famous example. Most think he looked worse afterwards. Same with Zellweger. I think it's just a different look, not worse. But if they didn't like the squinty look, that's up to them.

Zellweger doesn't look like herself anymore, though. The narrow eyes were her signature; they're what made Renee, Renee. They weren't unattractive, just different. It would be like if Lucille Ball stopped dying her hair red. Where's Lucy? No one would be able to recognize Lucy anymore, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2020, 04:54 PM

111 posts, read 47,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&gloves View Post

Would bet anything Kenny Rogers went to one of those weekend educated plastic surgeons. ...
With all his money? I'm sure he had access to the best. Same with Burt Reynolds, but after his surgery his eyes looked looked very different from the way they used to look. And not in a good way.

You can go to the best doctor around but unfortunately no one can can predict exactly how people will heal, how their skin will react, etc. You want to see a difference after eyelid surgery, but IMO one's best bet is to ask the surgeon to be "conservative" with the surgery, don't take too much off.

Old 09-08-2020, 09:14 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,107,864 times
Just reviving this as I had my surgery last Wednesday. Let me tell you - not for the faint of heart!! They gave me twilight sleep but woke me up in the middle so that I could open my eyes and they could make sure they were adjusting the muscle correctly. It HURT LIKE HELL!!! And recovery was rough....my eyes hurt most of the time for the next few days and you can't just lay on the couch and watch TV because you can't see! Couldn't sleep - had to sleep sitting up in my recliner. I'm almost a week down and I still have some blurred vision. The pain isn't there anymore though and I"m sleeping back in my bed. Stitches come out next week and I"m excited to get past all this and see the results. I don't think they gave me very realistic expectations on what to expect though with recovery.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:20 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,141,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Just reviving this as I had my surgery last Wednesday. Let me tell you - not for the faint of heart!! They gave me twilight sleep but woke me up in the middle so that I could open my eyes and they could make sure they were adjusting the muscle correctly. It HURT LIKE HELL!!! And recovery was rough....my eyes hurt most of the time for the next few days and you can't just lay on the couch and watch TV because you can't see! Couldn't sleep - had to sleep sitting up in my recliner. I'm almost a week down and I still have some blurred vision. The pain isn't there anymore though and I"m sleeping back in my bed. Stitches come out next week and I"m excited to get past all this and see the results. I don't think they gave me very realistic expectations on what to expect though with recovery.

Good to know (if I ever decided to do it) and I guess I'll toss that off to the side with lip injections.
Hopefully you'll be better than before in very short order!

Old 09-09-2020, 07:37 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Good to know (if I ever decided to do it) and I guess I'll toss that off to the side with lip injections.
Hopefully you'll be better than before in very short order!
oh boy, wow. I am sorry to hear, DJKB. Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy the outcome.

writerwife - lip injections don't hurt a lot. Just a little sting, that is it.

Old 09-09-2020, 07:57 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 23 days ago)

35,717 posts, read 18,065,864 times
I'm following this thread because I am very interested in getting this procedure.

I have 3 friends who got it done in the past couple years - all look REMARKABLY better. Not fake, and at first you can't put your finger on exactly why they look so great, but the reaction is wow you look fabulous. Very youthful, very rested.

But one of my friends had her vision seriously affected. She's angry that she wasn't told that's a common result - permanent vision impairment - and now she can't even comfortably read, even with corrective lenses. It's been 2 years since her procedure.

I read every day and I would consider it an enormous loss if I couldn't do that. Googling, it's not an uncommon result, that the person permanently loses significant vision.

Thoughts?

Old 09-09-2020, 10:30 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,107,864 times
I went back to the Dr yesterday as my vision is so blurry and I literally can't close one of my eyes. He is worried that scar tissue has built up under the eye lid so I go back tomorrow and possibly back under the knife which I am NOT excited about
So it's been rough - would I do it again? I don't know. I guess ask me in a month. I'm hoping that it's like childbirth and you just forget all the pain after a while. But not being able to close my eye for a week now is no joke.

Old 09-10-2020, 07:44 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,141,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

writerwife - lip injections don't hurt a lot. Just a little sting, that is it.

There are a few threads and a lot of people that say otherwise. Even with the numbing stuff. Including yourself in the thread where you had it done and you said it was extremely painful. Post #65. Space and time may have changed your opinion but at the time, you didn't think it was a little pinch. But, I will still keep in in mind tho... as my lips have some vertical lines I'm not liking so much and my lids are hiding these days.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashion-beauty/3175986-lip-fillers-anyone-7.html

Old 09-10-2020, 09:25 AM

20,770 posts, read 20,022,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
There are a few threads and a lot of people that say otherwise. Even with the numbing stuff. Including yourself in the thread where you had it done and you said it was extremely painful. Post #65. Space and time may have changed your opinion but at the time, you didn't think it was a little pinch. But, I will still keep in in mind tho... as my lips have some vertical lines I'm not liking so much and my lids are hiding these days.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fashion-beauty/3175986-lip-fillers-anyone-7.html
yes, it stings very painfully during the whole time they poke around in and around your mouth. Which is less than 5 minutes overall. But it is over a minute after. You walk out their office and forgot about the pain. NO comparison to you being in pain for a week.

Old 09-10-2020, 12:26 PM

5,592 posts, read 8,423,135 times
Quote:
I went back to the Dr yesterday as my vision is so blurry and I literally can't close one of my eyes. He is worried that scar tissue has built up under the eye lid so I go back tomorrow and possibly back under the knife which I am NOT excited about
So it's been rough - would I do it again? I don't know. I guess ask me in a month. I'm hoping that it's like childbirth and you just forget all the pain after a while. But not being able to close my eye for a week now is no joke.
OMG this doesn't sound good. I assume you did your due diligence on this doctor? Let us know how you make out!

I had mine done when I lived in SoCal (upper and lower eye lift plus lower face lift) and it was one of the best things I ever did. It's now 20 years later and my eyelids have held up really well -- they're just now starting to have a little excess skin.

On the lip injections -- I had my upper lip lines done last year along with my cheeks. It was like torture! Not that it hurt so much in the beginning, but after all that constant sticking, it DOES start to hurt. However, I fully intend to get it done again soon as Covid is over (if ever). Not going to pay all that money to get it done while I really can't go anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty