Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 11:04 AM
KCZ

4,689 posts, read 3,694,990 times

Advertisements

I live out in the boondocks. I've never worn makeup nor do any of my friends. I use moisturizer, sunscreen, and chapstick for skin protection, and maybe some lip gloss twice a year. I think makeup use depends a lot on your location and also your career field.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 11:27 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,545,490 times
I don’t wear makeup most days except I do usually wear a gloss or lipstick. Sometime I like to do a light foundation and blush to even out the skin tone in my cheeks.

I had a full free “makeover” yesterday where she speckled eye shadow on me. DH barely noticed, then said “you’re naturally beautiful, why would you wear that stuff?”

Old 02-15-2018, 01:11 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,436,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
I had a full free “makeover” yesterday where she speckled eye shadow on me. DH said “you’re naturally beautiful, why would you wear that stuff?”
We are lucky women. My DH thinks the same about me He hates face gunk, lol.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:08 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,061,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
If you're near a Sephora, you can also go in and tell a clerk that you're looking for a new foundation (or whatever) and you'll walk out with a bunch of samples.
Thank you, good to know. There is a Sephora near me.

Old 02-15-2018, 04:11 PM

3,563 posts, read 5,387,856 times
Default try 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transgirl88 View Post
As the title asks how many people here(most likely women) never or very rarely wear makeup? I for one never do I'm 29.5 and prefer not to wear it ever. I take real good care of my health.. good diet, liquid mineral blend in 100% juice 3-4 times a week, 64 oz or more water a day, exercise etc. I exfoliate 2 times a week and the other 2 days I wash regularly, I don't bathe the other three days for a skin break. I drink organic soy milk(for phytoestrogens) and take Milk Thistle for liver health, and Vitamins and never ever drink alcohol or do any drugs. So with that said my skin is very youthful a pretty people say I look 20 when I'm 29. IMHO I prefer to be for lack of a better term natural looking than wearing makeup.. and naturally beautiful people should never 'need' it to feel confident to face their day.
Comparing 20 to 29 is not that much of a reach, unless you're a SMOKER. Your skin would show the depriving of oxygen real fast. My lady friend does a lot of walking, no makeup, is 75, eats organic and all is in moderation. BUT she's also NEVER HAD TO WORK. She looks like Linda Evans at 39 on the old Dynasty TV show!

The challenge for you has just begun. Keeping it up as life comes at you is the real tale, half a century onward. And don't date alcoholics, users and controllers.

Stress is also a real aging factor. Not having to work at a job is a life saver, especially if your "job" demands you look excellent at all times, and are paid to do just that, like Hollywood!!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,133,354 times
I cant wear makeup never could because I'm allergic to makeup all of it . I'm okay with that because think of all the money I have saved over the years . Now perfume I'm a perfume collector . In fact when I met a certain bf when I was 16 he said :man you smell good and different everyday .

Old 02-15-2018, 05:32 PM

343 posts, read 230,683 times
I pretty much loathe makeup unless I'm going to be in costume. I put it on for a formal events but really I'd rather use it for theatre/ dance and forget about it the rest of the time. I look good wearing it (a little too good imo) but I don't feel like me. I feel like a fake version of myself wearing it and quite honestly I'd rather save the money and buy pretty much anything else. In the morning I'd rather do anything else than spend time in front of the mirror doing makeup. There is something liberating about just getting clean and going out the door and not worrying about looking like a model and when I come home from a long night of partying I'd rather fall asleep in the arms of my special guy than have to slink off and carefully remove every trace of makeup to avoid clogged pores or eye infections and also I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me without makeup. My default is no makeup- no blush, lipstick, shadow, gloss, powder, mineral foundation, liquid foundation or whatever. Buyer beware lol:O)

For those occasions where I do need to have makeup on- weddings etc or a performance I will buy it new and I will go all out. No one needs to use lipstick that has been in the bottom of a closet or bag for a year.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:38 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,432,962 times
These discussions/arguments make no sense to me. Why should I care who is using makeup or not? They're usually those with naturally good skin - sometimes they credit their genes as though they are responsible for their heredity - others don't even bother doing that but instead cite their endless beauty rituals.

I remember hearing lectures as a teenager from other girls that me using coverstick on my acne was what CAUSED my acne. Hilarious - why would I use it unless I had stuff to cover? But yes, I was to blame for my bad skin while they were glowing with peaches and cream complexions.

So, I have no patience for such arguments - do what you want but only claim credit where credit is due. Or perhaps I'll take credit for my oily acne-prone skin helping keep any wrinkles at bay!

Old 02-15-2018, 05:55 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,615,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transgirl88 View Post
As the title asks how many people here(most likely women) never or very rarely wear makeup? I for one never do I'm 29.5 and prefer not to wear it ever. I take real good care of my health.. good diet, liquid mineral blend in 100% juice 3-4 times a week, 64 oz or more water a day, exercise etc. I exfoliate 2 times a week and the other 2 days I wash regularly, I don't bathe the other three days for a skin break. I drink organic soy milk(for phytoestrogens) and take Milk Thistle for liver health, and Vitamins and never ever drink alcohol or do any drugs. So with that said my skin is very youthful a pretty people say I look 20 when I'm 29. IMHO I prefer to be for lack of a better term natural looking than wearing makeup.. and naturally beautiful people should never 'need' it to feel confident to face their day.
There are different kinds of makeup. I almost always wear eye makeup, including undereye coverup, mascara, brown and lash stuff. Then a little blush, because my complexion is sallow (altho I'm healthy). Maybe some powder to take away shine.

I quit wearing foundation years ago.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 11,002,648 times
My wife doesn't use that glop, and I am glad she doesn't.
She also rarely uses any kind of scent.
That, IMO, is also a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty