Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you prefer clean shaven or some scruff?
Clean Shaven 56 66.67%
Some Scruff 28 33.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 10:50 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,135,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Wow, so far no men have chimed in about their own beards? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked. Really.

I'm sure if you had asked how many women trim their nether regions, all the guys would've piped up with their opinions. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2019, 10:59 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,103,811 times
I prefer clean or just light stubble

Old 09-23-2019, 11:25 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Can look sexy if well-maintained and evenly trimmed, regardless of length. Looks better on lean faces with sharp features and high cheekbones.

Pairs well with short, clean-cut hairstyles; a nice juxtaposition of wild and tame, disorder and order, rough and clean-cut, masculine and feminine.
You've really considered this topic in depth, haven't you? I'm impressed.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:36 AM

11,200 posts, read 6,814,640 times
5-day growth or thereabouts. Anything more is a repellent turn-off to me.

Some growth can hide a weak chin.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:37 AM

20,403 posts, read 20,076,757 times
Quote:
Wow, so far no men have chimed in about their own beards? I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked. Really.
I'll play.

I keep my beard trimmed very neat and close. Usually I'll let my mustache and the chin area (vandyke) get a wee bit longer or thicker but I still keep them neatly trimmed with the rest of my beard being stubble, if that makes any sense.

Since I'm straight I don't care what other guys do.

Old 09-23-2019, 11:56 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,676,581 times
I don't like beards on men at all. Working in downtown Seattle, I see all of these young (and not so young) men with these long beards. I just want to take a pair of scissors and a razor and cut them all off. These beards do not enhance their looks in any way (IMO), and I find them unattractive and repulsive. A nicely shaped mustache is sexy but those Santa beards have got to go!

Old 09-23-2019, 12:31 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,701,342 times
I get 9am shadow and in-grown hairs are a problem, so clean shaven is never an option for me. I'm glad I don't have to spend that time every morning just to take care of daily natural growth, so it was nice when it became fashionable again and I was no longer the odd man out. I don't have a set schedule to trim it back, just when it starts to get too scruffy. It goes bush-like rather than long, so again I am limited in what I can do with it - I'd love to be able to grow a braided long beard but it's just not going to happen.

Old 09-23-2019, 12:36 PM

132,433 posts, read 12,420,673 times
I have pogonophobia. Those long tatty dirty beards really creep me out.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:20 PM

25,178 posts, read 11,568,941 times
Quote:
This question is for women and for guys who are attracted to men, although I know like everything on CD, it might become a free-for-all. A good friend of mine got divorced after a brief marriage and is looking to date again. She noticed beards are back in style. She's not a fan of beards and discovered because of this, the dating pool is rather limited at the moment. Of course beards have been around for thousands of years and come and go more at certain times than others although here in Texas, they seem to be less popular than in the Northern climes, where they serve the practical purpose of keeping a man's face warm.

Ever the scientific type, I wanted to examine the data. Although I didn't find specific statistics on it, I did look up women's opinions and found a couple of interesting articles. Just like guys, we have opinions on what we like in a man and just like guys, we have lots of conflicting opinions on what we find attractive. In terms of dating and attractiveness only, we prefer light stubble or clean shaven. In terms of long term relationships, we prefer a well groomed beard as a sign of maturity and loyalty. The scraggly, unkempt beard is least preferred because of hygiene concerns and general ill groomed appearance.

Do you like beards? Do you find them attractive or sexy? If you like them, what kind of beard do you prefer? If you are a man who wears one, what do you like about it?

https://www.mistershaver.com/women-really-think-beard/
If a bit of fur in the face is an issue - she may have to adjust, get to know the local barber or rethink her tactics.

Old 09-23-2019, 01:24 PM

25,178 posts, read 11,568,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I don't like beards on men at all. Working in downtown Seattle, I see all of these young (and not so young) men with these long beards. I just want to take a pair of scissors and a razor and cut them all off. These beards do not enhance their looks in any way (IMO), and I find them unattractive and repulsive. A nicely shaped mustache is sexy but those Santa beards have got to go!
SO finally left work related restrictions and grew a short, maintained silver fur face. With bright blue eyes, bright colored Western shirts and bolos - it is his look. Takes forever to fluff and buff:>)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty