Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 07:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,964,048 times

Advertisements

Another vote for L’Oreal True Match liquid foundation. I sometimes use primer (Monistat anti-chafing gel yes—seriously), or just apply the foundation to my water dampened face. As it dries, I get an almost air-brushed finish.

I use Besame cream blush, applied with a brush, and set it all with a light dusting of Coty Airspun translucent powder, that I brush away after letting it set for a few seconds. All in all, it takes 5 minutes or less, and lasts well beyond my 12 hour shift at work with no touch ups.

I don’t look like I’m 25, but I look damned good for 57.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 08:34 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,546,861 times
I use a BB cream...currently it’s the one made by Bonne Bell. I usually mix 2 shades on the back of my hand to get the right coloring for me. Through the years, I’ve discovered that “drugstore cosmetics” seem to be as good as the expensive stuff, with maybe the exception of eyeshadow...for that, I splurged on a Naked palette...worth it. The BB cream gives a nice, non-cakey finish. When I was younger, I went barefaced, never really needed foundation, but the BB cream gives a smooth, light, even finish.

I apply BB cream with a blending brush from e.l.f. The brush seems to do a better blending job than those little sponges.

BTW, e.l.f. products are already pretty cheap, but I often find them at Dollar Tree. I found the above-mentioned blending blush there & bought several.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:01 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,263,596 times
I've used mineral make up for years as well, I'm in my 60's...but also wanted to try a liquid. I've been using BB lately...it covers lightly but feels nice, not cakey.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:50 AM

1,544 posts, read 1,704,766 times
I'm in my 60's with normal to dry skin. I use Smashbox CC cream daily. It's a tinted moisturizer with a sunscreen. It goes on smooth and doesn't cake. If I'm going to dress up a bit I will use Dior Dream Skin. It gives just a bit more coverage.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:07 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,480,010 times
I'm 71 and, although I'm not a fanatic about my looks, I am a fanatic about my foundation. Over the past 50+ years, I've probably bought almost every foundation on the market. I have oily skin (still, at my age) and cant stand to wear foundation that I can feel on my skin but I do like some coverage. It's hard to find a liquid foundation that covers but isnt so heavy that people see it instead of your skin.

A couple of years ago I bought L'Oreal Paris Magic Nude Liquid Powder Bare Skin Perfecting Makeup. It's the best foundation I've ever tried. It really does feel like I'm wearing no makeup at all, yet it gives me a nice matte look and it seems to last for at least 8-10 hours.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...fecting+Makeup

Old 12-08-2017, 09:42 AM

9,895 posts, read 7,785,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I have mild rosacea so I wear a little foundation because it evens up the skin tones and more importantly, I’ve found that it acts as a buffer between my skin and the environment that moisturizer alone doesn’t do. I use bare minerals tinted hydrating gel cream on the areas needed and blend well. It’s not really on my whole face.
I also have mild rosacea plus dry skin, so I really need something to even out the red. I like True Match, but my skin color changes throughout the year depending on how much sun I get. Right now I'm too pale to use my summer/fall True Match shade.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
I also have mild rosacea plus dry skin, so I really need something to even out the red. I like True Match, but my skin color changes throughout the year depending on how much sun I get. Right now I'm too pale to use my summer/fall True Match shade.
I change foundations for seasons too. I'm super pale and have a hard time finding a light enough shade in the winter but in the spring/summer, I can go a wee bit darker since I use self-tanning lotion.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:53 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,055,787 times
I'm 60, and I use Revlon's Colorstay foundation. I have for years.

I've tried other brands, but always come back to the Colorstay. I like it because it doesn't slide off my face by mid day. I also have oily AND sensitive skin, and find that this is what works for me.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:50 AM

12,069 posts, read 8,472,699 times
I am a lifelong sun lover and can't wear most tinted foundations as they emphasize my "living lines." But some years ago I picked up an inexpensive tube of Sally Hansen's skin brightener with retinol and just loved the effect.

Since then they have discontinued it but I see a number of makers are making similar products now. It's basically transparent with a bit of shine.

I think of all the years I tried to downplay shine on my face and now have discovered that it is just what I need.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:47 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,721,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I recently bought into the hype and tried the Fenty brand. I was underwhelmed, to be honest. It's okay, but I wouldn't purchase it again. I went back to my L'Oréal True Match. I like how it blends and doesn't make my face feel cakey or dry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I was going to suggest the L'Oreal True Match. It comes in all kinds of shades, and is very lightweight and sheer, you can build coverage. Highly recommend if you need liquid. I have used it, but my skin is oily and I prefer their powder minerals (which are excellent, by the way).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
L'Oreal's True Match is incredibly light but still very effective, and the shades are categorized according to skin tones (cool, warm, neutral), which is extra helpful in getting a good match. To me, the True Match is a bit less moisturizing than the Fit Me Dewy Finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I like L'Oreal true match - use a primer and then just a dot on each cheek, one on the chin, one on the nose and blend. If you find it a little too much mix in a drop of moisturizer (I don't but I did have to w/my Cover Girl).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
Another vote for L’Oreal True Match liquid foundation. I sometimes use primer (Monistat anti-chafing gel yes—seriously), or just apply the foundation to my water dampened face. As it dries, I get an almost air-brushed finish.
Another vote here for L'Oreal True Match. I did not need nor want to wear foundation for years but now I do need it, unfortunately. I could never find anything that went on smooth enough and left my face feeling lightly moisturized but L'Oreal does both for me. I love how easy it goes on and you only need a little bit to cover nicely. And it is light enough and doesn't feel cakey or heavy at all.

The only downfall I have with it is they are glass bottles with a pump where the lid does not come off and there always seems to be so much left in the bottle that you can't get to before you have to throw it away so that is such a waste IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty