Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM

7,004 posts, read 4,811,992 times

Advertisements

I use Maybelline dream BB Fresh. It has an spf of 30. It's very light, and doesn't feel thick or heavy on my face, and it covers just enough to even out my skin tone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 10:32 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,424,154 times
I use Perricone No Foundation Foundation. It's a bit pricey for someone who buys all other cosmetics at the drug store, but it's the best I've found so far. It is a liquid, but it feels like nothing, like Bare Minerals. It is very light coverage, but enough to mask my flaws and make my skin look nice. I also still get acne on top of wrinkles, and this brand doesn't make me break out. The powders settled in the lines on my forehead while this does not. I can't even feel it on my face.

Old 12-07-2017, 12:09 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,664,855 times
I prefer a natural, barely there look. So, I tend to stick with powder, a beauty balm or tinted moisturizer. But, one piece of advice --stay away from MAC. Their foundations are heavy, even the so-called light ones. I can't understand why their foundations are so highly rated.

Old 12-07-2017, 01:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
I've been wearing BB or CC cream instead of regular makeup. The trick is find a good match. I switched from Revlon to Almay's CC cream, and I apply it with damp fingertips. That way I don't get a dry feel, and my skin doesn't look like a mask.

smart shade cc cream | almay.com

I use a little blush and mascara and sometimes a tiny bit of eyeliner in the outer corner of my eyes. If I want to look nice I use one of those wand lip colors things. The wands stay put better than a regular lipstick.

I honestly think you just have to try stuff. I hate to say it, but you have to take a best guess and just buy something. I don't tend to buy expensive brands, because I think they must all use the same ingredients.

As we get older I think we need to use makeup with a lighter hand.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:42 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,418,621 times
Elta MD is a broad band sunscreen with tint to it. It is amazing! The coverage is nice and it makes my skin look dewey and youthful. It also contains hydralonic acid to help with wrinkles.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:14 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,404,043 times
You may really like Maybelline Fit Me! Dewy Finish. It is moisturizing yet wears very well. It does not look mask-like, but it really works! It makes my skin look radiant. I am constantly amazed at how other foundations that cost 5 times (or 10 times!) more do not work as well as the Maybelline Fit Me foundation. The price is great--$5.

L'Oreal's True Match is incredibly light but still very effective, and the shades are categorized according to skin tones (cool, warm, neutral), which is extra helpful in getting a good match. To me, the True Match is a bit less moisturizing than the Fit Me Dewy Finish.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:27 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,769,264 times
I like L'Oreal true match - use a primer and then just a dot on each cheek, one on the chin, one on the nose and blend. If you find it a little too much mix in a drop of moisturizer (I don't but I did have to w/my Cover Girl).

Old 12-07-2017, 03:40 PM

569 posts, read 439,970 times
I have to add a disclaimer that I am not retiree age (just 41) but I have been really pleased with the It Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC+ cream. I apply it with a foundation brush (game changer for me since now a tube of foundation lasts almost a whole year) and get an invisible feel but excellent coverage. It comes in matte or illuminating finish and also has sunscreen. You can go to Ulta and they can probably do an application so you can test the product. It feels like I am not wearing any foundation at all and does not seem to settle in fine lines like other products do.

If you have any type of melasma or other hyperpigmentation, you might consider the Nucelle Line of skincare products. They use mandelic acid and are the only thing I found to safely fade my melasma without having a prescription product with harmful chemicals. I use the wash, toner, and serum and order it online. I tried the Nucelle lotion but didn't love it and the Oil of Olay aging skin products have a weird smell to me so I use Loreal Revitalift day cream for moisture and sunscreen.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:36 PM

4,578 posts, read 5,661,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
What about that airbrushed make up kit they advertise on TV? I have never cared for cream foundation because it always felt thick to me.
Luminess Air? God almighty, that stuff is EXPENSIVE!!!!! Just the spray system is $150-$250, and the makeup is purchases separately and is a bit pricey. i had looked into it, because I have the same problem as the OP, but at that price, people can just stare at my wrinkles and get over it. :-)

Old 12-07-2017, 06:44 PM

8,168 posts, read 8,520,526 times
Never use the stuff myself, but the SO once repped for a brand called Motives by Loren Ridinger. She really loved the line. They update colors seasonally and keep up with trends. They can do a custom match so you don' end up looking like Betty Boop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty