Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 01:17 AM

100 posts, read 81,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I at 36 still love to shop at Bebe. But I am very careful about how far I take it. If I wear a bralette, it's only at the club or indoors for my boyfriend. I'll wear crop tops though, however, I cover up my top if I wear one to balance it out.

I also still wear ripped-up jeans, leggings, thigh-high boots, bandage dresses, rompers. I think it's very important to consider your venue though and not overdo it to where you feel silly. You have to feel comfortable in what you put on. Confidence is the key, regardless of the date on your driver's license.
Does that include huge white cotton granny panties???

Old 10-04-2017, 01:57 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,560,738 times
I don't like seeing older "broads" wearing skimpy clothing. They remind me of old hookers trying to hold on to their youthful looks and are long past their prime.

IMO, Tina Turner is about the ONLY older woman who can wear whatever she wants to reveal and still looks amazing!

Old 10-04-2017, 02:43 AM

18,543 posts, read 18,801,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I don't like seeing older "broads" wearing skimpy clothing. They remind me of old hookers trying to hold on to their youthful looks and are long past their prime.

IMO, Tina Turner is about the ONLY older woman who can wear whatever she wants to reveal and still looks amazing!
as much as I like Tina... I cringed sometimes at her outfits, no no no..not on grannies... Im one myself and women of a certain age have to hide certain parts. or look like old tarts to be honest...Oh please go away..... https://www.awesomelyluvvie.com/wp-c...nnyleather.jpg

Old 10-04-2017, 08:13 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,052,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothick View Post
Does that include huge white cotton granny panties???

I wear huge white cotton granny pants. I embroider cute little flowers and inspirational Bible verses on them, and then sew up the legs and make a nice little sleeping hat out of them.

My friends and loved ones love them. They're very popular. I sell them on consignment, and I can't keep up with the orders.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:10 AM

494 posts, read 503,070 times
I say more power to them.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:20 AM

1,209 posts, read 1,432,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I wear huge white cotton granny pants. I embroider cute little flowers and inspirational Bible verses on them, and then sew up the legs and make a nice little sleeping hat out of them.

My friends and loved ones love them. They're very popular. I sell them on consignment, and I can't keep up with the orders.
Washed or unwashed?

Completely different markets and price points.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:50 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,052,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Washed or unwashed?

Completely different markets and price points.

Tell me something I don't already know.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,738,964 times
The bottom line is that people--young, old, male, female, fat, skinny, beautiful, and ugly--all get to wear whatever they want, wherever they want. And the rest of the general public is entitled to think whatever they want about whomever they see.

But manners dictate that you keep all comments about other people to yourself, or shared only with other people you know. If you're in public, you may comment to your friends in snarky, whispered conversations. If you're at home, you can let loose with hoots and guffaws if you wish.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:22 PM

951 posts, read 1,142,547 times
Not going to lie. I will turn an eye if I see someone wear something inappropriate, but it's usually because they look terrible in it or it's inappropriate attire for the wrong occasion. Will you really not care if a 60 year old grandma or any female for that matter showed up in a mini-skirt up to her butt, with her boob-baring top and thigh-high boots to a children's charity event, job interview or even funeral? I'll shake my head to myself, and then carry on, but save that stuff for Halloween, which is coming up, so dress as revealing as you want that day!

Old 10-04-2017, 01:41 PM

103 posts, read 76,856 times
Hmm... There was a pretty teenager in church the other day standing next to her parents, with short shorts and a tank top on...you could see quite a bit, and I thought it was so strange, almost seductive ( poor pastor!)...so I don't know which is more unsettling. However, personally, I really like seeing "older" women who are toned and beautiful wearing young-ish clothes.

As long as the clothes are basically tasteful, I don't think age should be the issue, or a mandatory cut-off. There are plenty of jealous old women, ready to snarl at women who make them feel ugly. The old "rules'' will die out with that generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty