Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2017, 06:23 AM

6,313 posts, read 4,217,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minntoaz View Post
It just tells me a lot about who they are. If you dress like that at any age it's usually a scream for attention for those who are insecure. This especially applies if you're old enough to know better (I.e. Over 25 years old).
Sitting in judgement of others tells a lot about who you are

Old 11-11-2017, 07:03 AM

4,176 posts, read 2,583,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
What *you* think is attractive isn't automatically the gold standard for how people should or shouldn't dress. Whether *you* think someone is "hot enough" has no bearing on anything whatsoever. Whether *you* think someone is "too fat" or not doesn't equate to whether something is "appropriate" or not. This actually goes for everyone, male or female, although men seem to be the ones who think women should only exist to please them and should behave accordingly.

God, I hate these threads.

Then why are you wasting your time reading, and replying to them? Go do something else if you hate it so much, lol. And btw different strokes for different folks is still applicable today.

Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Right, because someone's right to life, liberty and the pursuit of what makes them happy is purely dependent on how they appear to you.

Careful what you wish! Careful what you say! Be careful what you wish. Be careful what you say. Be careful what you wish, you just might get it. Be careful what you say, you might regret it.

You know what? **** all y'all. I wear what I want, when I want, however I want, and **** you if you don't like it.
Virtual Rep to you. I've spent too many of my actual ones for 24hrs. And to your post above this one too. Truth!

Old 11-11-2017, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckystrike1 View Post
Guess what, goober? I can have an OPINION just like you can!
What you stated earlier was not so much an opinion as it was an ugly attack against an elderly lady to make yourself appear "better" than her. But it backfired, lol. You may be attractive on the outside, but the inside? Just my opinion. How do you like it?

And you just did it again by name calling this poster ^^^. Goober? How old are you 14?

Old 11-11-2017, 07:51 AM

828 posts, read 695,552 times
Quote:
What *you* think is attractive isn't automatically the gold standard for how people should or shouldn't dress. Whether *you* think someone is "hot enough" has no bearing on anything whatsoever. Whether *you* think someone is "too fat" or not doesn't equate to whether something is "appropriate" or not. This actually goes for everyone, male or female, although men seem to be the ones who think women should only exist to please them and should behave accordingly.

Noticing if someone is overweight is not a subjective judgement of mine. This is not me assuming women exist to please me as a man. This is using your eyes and noticing things.

Old 11-11-2017, 05:41 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,860,697 times
Quote:

I hate to put a damper on the [yawn] male-bashing, but here's a newsflash: women are the biggest critics of other women's clothing and makeup choices. And I'm betting that the judgmental OP who was "running errands" is a woman, too.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I hate to put a damper on the [yawn] male-bashing, but here's a newsflash: women are the biggest critics of other women's clothing and makeup choices. And I'm betting that the judgmental OP who was "running errands" is a woman, too.
I can't give you anymore reps yet, but I agree about some of us women being "that way", and I also think you are right about the OP possibly being female. Although the OP's post about Banshee Moon sounded male, so I'm not really sure. I wish the OP would clue us in.

Hey Op are you male, or female? Inquiring minds want to know, lol.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post

IF people are lucky, they'll be "old" someday and they can do what they want to also.
Very good post. And I remember reading somewhere that not everybody is able to live to a ripe old age. Some die young which is a tragedy It is a blessing, and an honor to live a long time. They earned every wrinkle, and gray hair through the trials of life. Respect those older than you. There is much wisdom they have learned. Aging ain't for sissies. And someday it may be your turn.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean50 View Post
What are the consequences? Somebody else "might not like it?" I can deal with that LOL

If you're not old yet, you won't get it. Hopefully you WILL get the chance to be old, because no one ever knows. And if you ARE old, and not doing what you enjoy - where you are able - you should start. The older you get, the less time you have left to do anything in life.

I'm 58. I don't do anything to "try to look young," or be younger. (Don't ASSUME when you see someone.) I like some of the fashions (especially shoes - flat shoes) that are in style, so i wear them. I have mixed hair that always wanted to go in dreds, so a few years ago i let it. Left them for 2 yrs and then took them out; it was on my bucket list. I also want to put a bright color in my hair for a while. I got my first tattoo at age 35, and i now have 5. I never had the nerve when i was younger. I don't care who hates any of it, if i like it.

Fashion is fun to me. I'm retired and never dressed inappropriately at work. I also learned to love my body - finally - in my 40's, and to stop comparing it to TV/Hollywood Stars. Most of what they look like is due to surgery, makeup, fake hair, and LOADS of money.

It's good to be old
Love your chutzpah! I'm almost 70, and hope to get my first tattoo someday. I had nice piercings, but my ex husband hated them. I took most of them out for him, but it made no difference. He still ignored me completely. God willing I will get them all back again since he is gone now, and I can be myself again.

Old 11-11-2017, 08:22 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,608,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Hm. They have to show them off in public? In my experience, being one who did not need to bare them in public, I attracted quite a different quality of men than my friend who was overtly sexual.

I'm using the past tense for when I was in my teens and twenties. In my teens I would not have been let out of the house in hoochie clothes. As an adult, I chose not to. I thought girls and women who did were desperate. SEE? I have boobs, you can SEE them........

Yeah, they know. It's far sexier for men to wonder what they look like bare. To be able to make out the obviously attractive butt through clothing, but have to be with her to know what it looks like bare. I wore clothes that were cut to show my figure, but not to look like a stripper.

Believe me, if one is attractive there is -0- need to 'put it all out there' unless you are seeking random sexual encounters. (Or perhaps simply want to be admired - that is up to the individual, but it's certainly not needed to 'attract and keep the interest of a male')

Heck, my Dad taught me some of this? Of course he was too heavy on the 'don't look like a ****' thing, 'men will think you are loose' thing, but when he finally accepted that I would, at some point, maybe in my 30's be ALLOWED to be a sexual human being, he caught me with too much perfume on and said no, you put on just enough so that the man has to lean in to catch a whiff.

It's all private, is the thing. Hard to get, if you want to call it that.

My mother was a very conservative woman. Fundamentalist, actually. She wouldn't wear a skirt above the knee, but her shape was clear. Many men courted her and wanted to marry her after her divorce. w/o her putting her 'assets' on display.

And notice I said MARRY. Not one night stand, will he call will he not?

Remember the saying about being a lady in the parlor and a _____ in the bedroom, lol?! Most men want something that few men CAN have. Not what seems to be readily available to many. At any age.
Your parents had the right ideas. And you have described the only kind of woman who would be of interest to me. Women who dress and behave in ways that will catch the eye of only the most perceptive and discriminating men, thin them down to only the best of their ranks. And that's the only kind of men that will be good for a woman, in the long run. And most men have X-ray vision when it comes to women, so they don't miss much, regardless of how they're dressed.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 11-11-2017 at 09:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.