Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 03:19 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times

Advertisements

I keep my feet in great shape. I get pedicures, and they end up smooth and soft, but they are small. I like to show them off. I guess I fit the stereotype of a young gay man with nice feet!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 03:43 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Tell ya one place you do NOT want to wear sandals. I have a friend from Florida who insists on wearing the same pair of brown strappy sandals to every metal concert. He'll be all up front in the pit with his toes hanging out. Craziest thing I've seen. Well. Maybe not, I did see a guy badly injured in the pit at a heavy metal festival because he was trying to go it barefoot. This ain't Woodstock, kid...

Old 06-27-2017, 04:00 PM

814 posts, read 760,103 times
That's one of those things I don't like about living here, hot weather and summer gear. I don't like flip flops, sandals, shorts or boat shoes with no socks. It's just not me. I prefer cool weather, pants, boots and long sleeve shirts or sweaters.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:07 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Flip flops are dangerous. In NYC, you could easily get stepped on or step on glass or debris on the sidewalk.

During an emergency I was trying to help a woman get to safety, she couldn't walk any faster because of her flip flop. I was going to tell her to go bare footed.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Living in Florida flip flops are natural for us to wear. Many of us do not really have real shoes unless we are forced to have heels and toes covered for work, sports, or we are heading up North in the winter. Flip flops are not just the rubbery plastic cheapy flops that are flat and meant to be used in public showers and at public pools. Flip flops are basically sandals and can be leather, have cloth straps etc. They can range from casual to ones with bling and wedged heels. Sky is the limit on the cost. Heard of one brand that can cost up to $18,000.

Have never asked my husbands or sons to wear flip flops but they do.My youngest a computer engineer who works in a theme park resort even gets to wear them to work with his shorts and Golf shirt. I think it depends on where you live whether they are accepted or not. None of us wear the straight thin flat bottomed flip flops that don't bend with your foot. Ours usually have a small arch built into them so they are comfortable . I am originally from chicago area so a fast walker-even in my flip flops.

I live in shorts, capris, swimsuits, cover-ups, and casual linen type pants or sun dresses for dining out etc so flip flops look fine. It is casual attire everywhere here. When you do need to be more formal, it might be just fancier looking wedged sandals or flip flops with bling for me. This would be totally inappropriate in Chicago or NY but on the beach in Florida it is pretty normal.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:48 PM

3,977 posts, read 8,173,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Flip flops are dangerous. In NYC, you could easily get stepped on or step on glass or debris on the sidewalk.

During an emergency I was trying to help a woman get to safety, she couldn't walk any faster because of her flip flop. I was going to tell her to go bare footed.
Were you on the subway today? That the emergency? Scary news on that one.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:03 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,566,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Living in Florida flip flops are natural for us to wear. Many of us do not really have real shoes unless we are forced to have heels and toes covered for work, sports, or we are heading up North in the winter. Flip flops are not just the rubbery plastic cheapy flops that are flat and meant to be used in public showers and at public pools. Flip flops are basically sandals and can be leather, have cloth straps etc. They can range from casual to ones with bling and wedged heels. Sky is the limit on the cost. Heard of one brand that can cost up to $18,000.

Have never asked my husbands or sons to wear flip flops but they do.My youngest a computer engineer who works in a theme park resort even gets to wear them to work with his shorts and Golf shirt. I think it depends on where you live whether they are accepted or not. None of us wear the straight thin flat bottomed flip flops that don't bend with your foot. Ours usually have a small arch built into them so they are comfortable . I am originally from chicago area so a fast walker-even in my flip flops.

I live in shorts, capris, swimsuits, cover-ups, and casual linen type pants or sun dresses for dining out etc so flip flops look fine. It is casual attire everywhere here. When you do need to be more formal, it might be just fancier looking wedged sandals or flip flops with bling for me. This would be totally inappropriate in Chicago or NY but on the beach in Florida it is pretty normal.
Same in San Diego. I don't wear flip flops to work (although I probably could) or at the gym. Almost everywhere else: yes. If I see a person wearing sneakers down at the beach, I immediately know that he or she is a tourist.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:01 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,660 times
We, my boyfriend and I, absolutely love Reef flip flops. They are comfortable, fashionable, and last a while. You definitely get your money's worth.

Old 06-27-2017, 09:33 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,506,680 times
I have never tried to get my man to wear "flip flops" or sandals. He does wear "flip flops," but that's all on him.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:04 PM

60 posts, read 62,313 times
Here in Montana I dont see too many men wearing flip flops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty