Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 11:31 AM

6,814 posts, read 10,510,104 times

Advertisements

Do you live in a hot climate or near a beach or something? Not aware of such a thing here where I live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 12:55 PM

11,049 posts, read 24,014,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I have seen posts here where a guy claims that his girlfriend or wife got him to start wearing sandals or flip flops.

Just about every girlfriend I have had has tried getting me to wear sandals or flip flops.

Just about every woman I know wears them. The only guys I know who wear sandals or flip flops are with women. I don't think any of the single guys I know wear them.

I was at a shoe store a couple weeks ago and this lady was making her guy try on sandals.

Ladies, what's the deal? Do you really like guys in flip flops or sandals, or do you dress guys in them to scare other women away?
Your location is obviously NOT Hawaii.

Maybe your girlfriends are trying to get you to have comfortable feet? Who knows why they thought you'd like to wear different shoes, did you try asking them?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
I don't tell my husband how to dress and he doesn't tell me.

Frankly I think thee are a few men that look OK in sandals. Most guys have the wrong kind of feet.

Charleston Heston had sandals feet in the 10 commandments. The bald guy who played Ramses did too.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
LOL really? What would you suggest then?
You really need strangers on the internet to explain to you that there are other shoes out there besides flip flops and black sneakers?

Old 07-03-2017, 09:53 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
I've never really told any guy what to wear but where I live, our summers are sweltering and humid so the very idea of having totally covered up feet, layered with socks in the middle of summer is completely gross to me.

I refuse to wear socks in the summer yuck.

And its corny looking!

Old 07-04-2017, 11:01 PM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I just see guys that wear flip flops as slobs or at best, loads. It just tells me that they can't or won't move fast even if they have to and seem lazy as a result. Yesterday I was at a strip mall near a theater. The movie got out and a guy and his teenage son were walking to their car along the sidewalk in front of the shops. The kid drops his bag of popcorn spilling it. He's wearing flip flops which maybe contributed to his clumsiness, maybe not. But he just stared at his spilled popcorn while his dad used his foot to push the spilled popcorn into the gutter off the walk. Wear flip flops at the pool, at the beach.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:18 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I just see guys that wear flip flops as slobs or at best, loads. It just tells me that they can't or won't move fast even if they have to and seem lazy as a result. Yesterday I was at a strip mall near a theater. The movie got out and a guy and his teenage son were walking to their car along the sidewalk in front of the shops. The kid drops his bag of popcorn spilling it. He's wearing flip flops which maybe contributed to his clumsiness, maybe not. But he just stared at his spilled popcorn while his dad used his foot to push the spilled popcorn into the gutter off the walk. Wear flip flops at the pool, at the beach.
I can't figure out what any of this has to do with flip flops.

Old 07-05-2017, 06:20 AM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I've never really told any guy what to wear but where I live, our summers are sweltering and humid so the very idea of having totally covered up feet, layered with socks in the middle of summer is completely gross to me.

I refuse to wear socks in the summer yuck.

And its corny looking!
Right?!? I absolutely DETEST socks, especially when it's 90+ degrees out!

Old 07-09-2017, 12:01 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
In my experience, many guys (especially middle aged-ish, married with kids type) tend to have basically zero fashion sense. This is of course very general and I know men who DO have a sense of style and enjoy being trendy and trying bold looks, but generally speaking I think guys lack in the fashion department. I think they often just don't care enough. Women tend to be the opposite (again, generally speaking) and encourage their husbands or boyfriends to try new looks, even if it's simply a pair of sandals for a summer night out instead of the (often) usual sneakers.

In reality, guys, it's pretty dumb to wear just sneakers everywhere. The beach, pool, any casual but nice night out, etc., will require different shoes. It's practical for guys to have a pair of flip flops or sandals, boat shoes, loafers, other types of shoes besides those typical "dad" sneakers. I guess not everyone lives a lifestyle where they go to the beach, pool, out in town or a city, stuff like that, but for those who do, you basically need different types of shoes, and if you live where there are hot summers, sandal types are most comfortable.

My dad won't really venture out on his own and buy sandals or most other types of shoes, but when my mom gets them for him he will wear them. I think he just doesn't know what to get and what does and doesn't look good.

Old 07-09-2017, 02:47 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,893,180 times
Flip flops aren't really a big thing around my area except on the beaches or around the pool and only on the warmest summer days.

They were much more common when I lived down South.

I personally hate them and don't wear 'em but my daughter loves flip flops. I've never suggested that my husband or any other man I've dated wear them/don't wear them. It's never been that important to me I guess, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty