Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 10:44 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,148,782 times

Advertisements

women look at too much metro sexual fashion, and think their man will look so cool in it. Dont do it man! only at the beach/pool/ water related activity or at home.

that blue jeans and flip flop look is no bueno! embarrassing for me. who am I going to look like? don juan romancer man, schlepping thru the neighborhood hard concrete walkways, like nothing, or Shaggy the stoner college dude?

Flip Flops require a fashion bravery not all men are ready to overcome.

So, many men keep it old school:
-when i am retired, sandals all day
-when at the beach/pool /waterpark,boat flip flops from and to car.
-while playing sports, while walking in the locker room.
-after making a major amount of cash, out of nowhere, and being a big drunk douche for the night!
-after getting home from work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 11:37 PM

734 posts, read 842,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
women look at too much metro sexual fashion, and think their man will look so cool in it. Dont do it man! only at the beach/pool/ water related activity or at home.
Metrosexual. That sounds about right. Of all of the different kinds of sandals, why would flip flops (the ones that show the most foot) be the most popular?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
Flip Flops require a fashion bravery not all men are ready to overcome.
I will admit I was tempted to wear them....to get the mail or running errands. I couldn't wear them to a social event.

I am going to try to imagine some things:

Clint Eastwood walking in the mall with flip flops.
George Clooney walking down the boardwalk in flip flops.
Arnold Schwarzenegger getting into his Mercedes wearing flip flops.

Maybe I'm off base but flip flops don't seem very masculine.

Old 06-27-2017, 12:10 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Everybody wears flip flops and sandals here.

My husband like sandals, bought his own without my input.

I'm a woman, and I'm not obsessed with male sandals. I'm sure many other women don't care, either. Perhaps you're generalizing.

Last edited by steiconi; 06-27-2017 at 12:43 AM..

Old 06-27-2017, 12:23 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,011,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago45 View Post
I have seen posts here where a guy claims that his girlfriend or wife got him to start wearing sandals or flip flops.

Just about every girlfriend I have had has tried getting me to wear sandals or flip flops.

Just about every woman I know wears them. The only guys I know who wear sandals or flip flops are with women. I don't think any of the single guys I know wear them.

I was at a shoe store a couple weeks ago and this lady was making her guy try on sandals.

Ladies, what's the deal? Do you really like guys in flip flops or sandals, or do you dress guys in them to scare other women away?

Maybe they were too polite to tell you that you have stinky feet that need a good airing out and exposure to sunshine.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:28 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
YES! Hairy white legs, black socks and sandals... why is this not more popular??
I've wondered that myself, I think young college guys don't even realize how cute they actually look in black socks and sandals.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:38 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times
When I met my husband, he wore jeans and boots all the time, no matter what the weather was. He even slept in jeans sometimes. I wore shorts and flip flops because I believe in being comfortable. We wear the same size shoe and I usually buy men's flip flops because they're made better and last longer, so he started grabbing a pair of my flip flops to wear to the pool or to put on in a hurry when he was just going up to the corner store. Then he decided to start wearing denim shorts, and he bought his own flip flops. Then he moved on to khaki shorts and leather flip flops, and he's pretty much stuck with that style.

I didn't care if he ever started wearing flip flops. I was happy when he bought his own so I didn't have to share mine, though.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:48 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
When I was in basic training, they taught us always to wear "shower shoes" (flip-flops) in communal baths/lockers/showers to prevent athlete's foot. I always do, even in hotel showers. But that's the only place I wear any kind of rubber sandal.

Otherwise, I wear footwear most appropriate for each situation. If I'm doing handyman work, I'm in steel-toed shoes. If I'm working out, I wear athletic shoes. If I'm formal, I wear patent leather. If I'm dressed, I wear capped-toed dress shoes. If I'm casual, I wear loafers.

I do have lots of shoes.

Also lots of hats.

Got that from my mother.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
My husband never wore sandals, even to the beach. He was a former 20 year military guy and it was just stuck in his head that real men don't wear sandals and that didn't change even when we moved to Florida. He had nice feet (with extremely white ankles and feet) but he had a habit of letting his toe nails grow too long because it hurt his back to bend over and cut them so that looked gross and I was glad sometimes he kept his feet covered. And no, I don't touch feet so I didn't do them for him. I was a bad wife I know, I know.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:01 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
I don't go to the beach. I usually wear black sneakers with ankle socks with shorts.
There is your problem dude. You need to mix it up and little more. Get some style. If all you've got are black sneakers then of course chicks you hang with are going to try to change that. Its the total opposite of style.

Old 06-27-2017, 07:12 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Ladies, what's the deal? Do you really like guys in flip flops or sandals, or do you dress guys in them to scare other women away?
I don't care what he wears. I don't get into a relationship looking to change somebody. If that's the kind of girls you are dating, you might try a different pool of women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty