Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 01:54 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,025,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
I wish washing, blow drying, and styling my hair only took 30-40 mins....
what are you guys doing with that hair for so long???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2016, 01:59 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,247,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
My hair grows fast so nothing is low maintenance Except natural.

I still stand my opinion that if I am going to find someone, I want them to love me the way I am, not want me to be someone I am not.
demipermanent is low maintenance in the sense that you don't have to deal with roots and it will blend the different shades you have, so it looks less obvious and unkempt. I.e. It will help you transition back to your natural hair. You plop it on your hair, let it sit for 10 months minutes, then rinse it out.

I'm not sure how putting on tinted lip balm would make you into someone you're not

Old 12-07-2016, 01:59 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,046,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My hair is only a few inches above my butt, so anything other than a pony tail takes forever. Curling it takes a good 45 minutes and even then the curls are minimal.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:01 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
Every morning it gets washed because it is oily if I don't. I can't stand going to bed with wet hair and it drys a knotty mess if I sleep on it. It is easier to just wash and walk out the door wet. With the weather cooler, I give it a quick once over with the blow dryer so it won't freeze. My hair is very long.

I am so low maintenance, I have had the same hair style most of my life..long and poker straight.
OK, so it's not that you're spending time styling it. This is what I mean; there's no "do" to work on, so unless it's unusually thick, I don't see why it would take a long time to work with. We're just talking about washing and drying. Earlier you mentioned styling, and you said you'd have to get up an hour earlier in the morning just to have hair and makeup time. But it sounds like your "style" is straight and long, which is a great look, all by itself.

I also doubt that your hair gets noticeably oily in just 24 hours; I think some women over-wash their hair. Oil keeps it from getting dry and brittle. I wonder if you wouldn't do just fine washing it every other day. But that's a whole other conversation.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:04 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,199,089 times
Quote:
My hair is only a few inches above my butt, so anything other than a pony tail takes forever. Curling it takes a good 45 minutes and even then the curls are minimal.
Your hair is too long to curl; it won't hold a curl, as it sounds like you've noticed. Long and straight is a great look that's very attractive to a lot of guys. Why try to curl it? The women I know who have hair that long don't even own curling irons. Some don't even have hair dryers--they let it air dry. (Dryers dry and damage the hair if used too frequently.)

Old 12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,061,033 times
My hair is super-quick! It is fairly short now (shoulder length) but it was quick when it was longer, too. I like my hair to look nice but it just doesn't take any 45 minutes to style, I don't know. (shrug)

I do all sorts of cute styles and not a one takes more than 10 minutes.

My makeup is fast, too. Five minutes. Again, I like to look nice, neat, and if possible, pretty, but...I don't know. Just...how long could a little bit of makeup take? I'm not painting a canvas, LOL. I don't need to prep, prime and layer. (It's up to anyone else to choose to do that, though.)

I once had to use the lady's room on a date and when I came out just minutes later (with very clean hands, I promise!), the guy stared at me, astonished, said "That was like four minutes" and then added, "You'd be great to take camping." LOL! We were actually together for a while. That was just hilarious and warranted another date.

If a man wants me self-Photoshopped to the tune of hours then he's not the man for me. He needs someone who...I don't know, takes more time? I mean...these are all compatibility issues, or at least, what one another is willing to put up with.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:10 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,247,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so it's not that you're spending time styling it. This is what I mean; there's no "do" to work on, so unless it's unusually thick, I don't see why it would take a long time to work with. We're just talking about washing and drying. Earlier you mentioned styling, and you said you'd have to get up an hour earlier in the morning just to have hair and makeup time. But it sounds like your "style" is straight and long, which is a great look, all by itself.

I also doubt that your hair gets noticeably oily in just 24 hours; I think some women over-wash their hair. Oil keeps it from getting dry and brittle. I wonder if you wouldn't do just fine washing it every other day. But that's a whole other conversation.
I believe it. My hair is baby-fine and soaks up oil like body's biz. The longest I can possibly go between washing is a day and a half. Dry shampoo makes it look even worse than not washing at all. And as I learned through trial, error, and dermatologist confirmation, you cannot "train" your hair to produce less oil by washing it less frequently.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:17 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
I believe it. My hair is baby-fine and soaks up oil like body's biz. The longest I can possibly go between washing is a day and a half. Dry shampoo makes it look even worse than not washing at all. And as I learned through trial, error, and dermatologist confirmation, you cannot "train" your hair to produce less oil by washing it less frequently.
Same here. Baby fine hair, I have to wash it every day.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:28 PM

602 posts, read 396,842 times
Quote:
a cute haircut would not only save you on styling time, but it would probably make you look better/younger as well. But if you must keep your hair that length, try washing it at night, using a leave-in, then braiding or twisting your hair. Then in the morning you'll have clean hair and nice waves.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:35 PM

11,165 posts, read 7,995,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My hair is very long and quite thick... blow drying it is an event. If I just leave it damp and say put it in a pony tail it will stay damp for hours. If I just wear it down the underside stays damp also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty