Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 04:36 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's also completely reversible. Yet, you're equating it to permanent alteration.
Tattoos are too but neither are going to be rectified overnight.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:43 PM

876 posts, read 813,124 times
Try growing your hair at least down to your shoulders. See how it looks when you get up in the morning and how much time it takes to get it presentable before going out and keeping it that way during the day. Then see if you feel the same way about a newly married woman cutting her hair shorter.

It's true that long hair is part of the allure of women, but any man who would change the way he feels about his wife because of her hair style choice is very shallow.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:49 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL true story - about my EX husband:

I had really long, thick, and difficult hair when we got married. I'd been talking about cutting it for awhile, but that was just one of many ideas.

One day I had a hair appt after work, and then he and I were going to meet at a local pub for drinks afterwards. He knew I was going to make some sort of change and he didn't act particularly interested in it either way (he had never made any sort of big deal about my hair one way or the other). Well, I went into that salon, and suddenly decided, "I'm sick of this stuff - I'm cutting it off!" And I did just that - in fact, it was really short. From down the middle of my back, to a pixie cut. I immediately LOVED it.

Anyway, I knew it looked good (which it did) and I knew it looked feminine. I was so excited to show him. I walked into the pub, and started toward him, and he said loudly, "OH MY GOSH DON'T TELL ME YOU CUT IT ALL OFF!" I said, "Yep, I sure did!" and did a quick twirl around, and he got this disgusted look on his face and said exactly this: "You look like a damn boy." I said, "Well, it's my head and my hair and I love it. You never seemed to care one way or the other about it anyway."

So -awkward silence. And no waitstaff came around to take our order, so after a few minutes, with him sulking and me trying to ignore his sulking, I said, "I'm going to go get us a couple of drinks," and I got up and walked around the corner to the bar.

It was really crowded, so I was standing there waiting, and a couple of men were sitting there and they struck up a conversation with me. Turns out they were in town for some sort of fishing tournament. Within a few minutes, they said, "You sure are a cute thing - sure wish we had someone like you along tomorrow - wanna come out to the tournament with us?" I laughed and said, "No thanks - that would be pretty hard to explain to my boss - and my husband!" and then when my two drinks arrived, they said, "Well, let us buy you those drinks anyway!" and they did so.

I walked back to the table and my husband was scowling and he said, "What took you so long?" and I said, "Well, some guys were wanting to know if I'd go fishing with them tomorrow but I said no - and they still bought these drinks for us. I guess they didn't think I look too much like a damn boy."

But wait - there's a part 2 to that story! Oh, my husband was pouting. He had two beers. I had three glasses of wine. Then we left in our two separate cars and I was following him home.

Suddenly I noticed a police car pulling him over. I pulled in behind him. They made me sit in my car and they gave HIM a field sobriety test, which he passed - since he wasn't drunk. Then the police officer came over to my car and said, "Miss - we're going to let him go home - on the condition that you drive him. He said he only had two beers and he passed the test, but he won't take a breathalizer and he doesn't seem quite right to me. So if you'll just drive him home, we'll let him go." I smiled sweetly and said, "Yes, sir, officer!"

My husband got in the car and he was so stinking mad!!!!!! All the way home, he kept saying, "I can't believe this. You're the one who had three glasses of wine but YOU'RE driving ME home!" And I couldn't resist - I said, "And don't leave out the part about me not looking at all like a boy."

I've had very short hair ever since, and that was 20 years ago. A few years after this happened, I divorced that idiot and a few years after that married my current husband, who is terrific. A year or so ago, I decided to try to let my hair grow out. As usual, my husband was fine with whatever I chose to do with my own hair, but after I gave up the ghost and cut it all off very short again, he said, "Thank goodness. I didn't want to say anything while you were going through all that, but I like your hair much better short. I feel like I got my wife back!"

Yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I love this story !

So glad you got rid of the idiot and now have a wonderful husband
Really? Bragging about getting behind the wheel after 3 glasses of wine strikes your fancy? I'm not sure who deserves the idiot label here.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:00 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Really? Bragging about getting behind the wheel after 3 glasses of wine strikes your fancy? I'm not sure who deserves the idiot label here.
But, but.....he had 2 beers, she has 3 glasses of wine.

1 beer equals 1 glass of wine...so....almost same, same!

Then both were driving.

He was called "idiot" because of his attitude towards her short, pretty hair!

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 10-01-2016 at 05:12 PM..

Old 10-01-2016, 05:06 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,327,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"They" who? The curious species of primate you're studying? The Martians? Alien pods who have invaded Earth and taken on female Earthling form? They do have strange ideas of what humans are like, don't they? Hmm.... We should study their customs and try to understand them. Is there an Anthropologist in the house? Where are those Anthros when you need them?
I wish I could give you 100 rep points!

Old 10-01-2016, 05:14 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,337,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarie123 View Post
I wish I could give you 100 rep points!
You can...you just have to spread some around, before you give her again some.
So...give me some...I really would love some!...:-D))

Old 10-01-2016, 05:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
I don't know who "they" are. Grown women cutting their hair off after kids seemed to be a thing in the 70's and 80's. Not so much now. The shortest my hair has ever been is just below my ears, not boy short ever. It's mostly been shoulder length or longer in my 15+ years of marriage. I plan to keep it that way unless it becomes unmanageable for some reason.

Old 10-01-2016, 05:37 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen. Women cut their hair. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it doesn't. Hair grows back. Quickly. It's about as superficial a change as a person can make to their appearance. I'm sure she didn't plan to look ugly. Most likely she just had one too many bad hair days and decided to try something radically different, and it just didn't work out. I suppose she hoped that the guy who married her wouldn't be "disappointed" by a bad haircut.
My thoughts exactly! If your husband truly loves you he isn't going to care if your hair is log or short. He may prefer one over the other, but he will still love you.

Furthermore, If I informed my husband I was going to get a hair cut, he'd say " Ok, why you telling me, do I need to watch the kids? " Lol

Old 10-01-2016, 05:41 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,733,435 times
I personally would not cut my hair above my shoulders, that's just me. If I did; however, my husband wouldn't care either way.

Old 10-01-2016, 06:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I don't know who "they" are. Grown women cutting their hair off after kids seemed to be a thing in the 70's and 80's. Not so much now. The shortest my hair has ever been is just below my ears, not boy short ever. It's mostly been shoulder length or longer in my 15+ years of marriage. I plan to keep it that way unless it becomes unmanageable for some reason.
My cousin had long hair, and cut it off after a divorce. Kind of like a clean break with the old life, and ushering in a new life. She's kept it short ever since. It looks fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty