Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 11:40 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
My hair grows super fast. It would take a year at most, but everyone's hair is different.

Wow, you're hair grows 18 inches a year?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-02-2016, 11:42 AM

48,581 posts, read 34,987,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep. Even a chin-length bob with bangs takes sooooo many more frequent trims than I was accustomed to when I went from midback length, all one length. Maintenance is an issue with short cuts. Longer hair is more forgiving re: not losing its shape and definition so quickly when growing out, when compared to short 'dos. The main drag of going shorter is in having to schedule trims every three weeks or so. With long hair, I'd go months without stylist visits.

Long is the most convenient for me because of the reasons you mentioned, AND a ponytail or bun is quick and easy.

PLUS, I live in a high humidity area, and while short would be cooler..... I can't help but think short and frizzy is going to be a hard look for me to rock.

MMV
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-02-2016, 12:55 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,428,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploopie View Post
About a month after my friend got married, his wife cut her hair short. It's a shame, her hair was probably her best asset. Not that she's ugly, but she really does look bad with short hair. He thinks so too. He's really disappointed. It was totally out of the blue as well, one day she was her usual self, next day boom, gone. Compared to the wedding photos she looks embarrassingly bad. It's weird considering the amount of effort she went into making herself look nice for the day.
Troll. And not even a creative post.....

Old 10-02-2016, 01:19 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,994,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You joined CD to put down your buddy's wife's hairstyle? You need another hobby.
Of course not. OP is talking about his own wife, using the old "my friend has a problem" distancing tactic. He should be talking to her about this issue, not us.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:22 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,609,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
Can't hurt those manly feels now, can we? If by "hurt" one means "it negatively affects my attraction to her," then I guess their hurt sensibilities should be taken into consideration. That's a nice way of saying the decision is on the table for discussion and the man's feelings are the deciding factor.

Lol no. My husband prefers to wear his hair buzzed short. I've expressed interest in seeing it a bit longer just out of curiosity. He has no intention to continue letting it grow out past my birthday later this week. That's his choice. He prefers it really short.

He also prefers short hair on women, or at least loves it short. I like it fine, but it is not my preference in the long term, hence my choosing to grow it to my preferred length. His hair, his choice; my hair, my choice.

And when I initially cut it I had mentioned it in passing weeks prior and he was all "Go for it!" and then I came home one day with "boy" short hair. He loved it. Then I went platinum/silver/grey.
You're lucky to have found such a tolerant and accommodating man (regarding the tattoos, as well). He seems to be one of the "If you're happy, then I'm happy" types. I suppose I'd be that way too, regarding a woman about whom I really cared. But deep inside, I might not like it and I don't know how long I could keep it inside. People should contemplate these things, that go beyond what others might seem to be expressing on the surface.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:34 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,499,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
You're lucky to have found such a tolerant and accommodating man (regarding the tattoos, as well). He seems to be one of the "If you're happy, then I'm happy" types. I suppose I'd be that way too, regarding a woman about whom I really cared. But deep inside, I might not like it and I don't know how long I could keep it inside. People should contemplate these things, that go beyond what others might seem to be expressing on the surface.
No mention about her husband being lucky to have found such a tolerant and accommodating woman since he keeps his hair buzzed despite her preference for longer hair?

Old 10-02-2016, 01:37 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,437,605 times
Reminds me of a little story my Grandfather told about my Grandmother. They were married in 1914, back when women didn't even have the right to vote, let alone decide about their hair!

GM, like most women of her day, had never cut her hair, it was down to the floor and she wore it up in two buns at the nape of her neck. She complained of constant headaches. One day GF suggested to cut her hair, get one of those "new style" bobs. GM was astonished at the suggestion---cut her hair? But she decided to do so.

But when she went to the salon, they required her husband to give permission! In lieu of a husband, her father, brother, uncle, some male family member. GF went with her the next day, but he was incensed. He told them its her hair, she can do as she wants, why should she need his permission, she could shave it bald if that's what she wanted. Quite liberal for his day! BTW, it cured the headaches!

Old 10-02-2016, 01:38 PM

11,126 posts, read 5,609,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep. Even a chin-length bob with bangs takes sooooo many more frequent trims than I was accustomed to when I went from midback length, all one length. Maintenance is an issue with short cuts. Longer hair is more forgiving re: not losing its shape and definition so quickly when growing out, when compared to short 'dos. The main drag of going shorter is in having to schedule trims every three weeks or so. With long hair, I'd go months without stylist visits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Long is the most convenient for me because of the reasons you mentioned, AND a ponytail or bun is quick and easy.

PLUS, I live in a high humidity area, and while short would be cooler..... I can't help but think short and frizzy is going to be a hard look for me to rock.

MMV
I'm glad to see the discussion getting down to the practicalities of it, with the male/female conflicts left out. During the 99% of our existence that took place before civilization was invented, I'd bet that everyone had natural-length hair. But maybe, long hair might have developed recently, driven by short-term evolution, made possible by a civilized and relatively protected existence. You don't see any other species with hair that long on the head. This type of rapid evolution would indicate that long hair was highly preferred in the selection of mates.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:44 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,757,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Wow, you're hair grows 18 inches a year?

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little, Lol but my hair does grow quite fast

Old 10-02-2016, 02:25 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,340,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Troll. And not even a creative post.....
No, I do not think it is a troll, ploopie had a crush on her long locks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty