Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:51 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,879,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Shes not using right now, not since she found out. And I wouldnt say she has super fashion clothes but she actually does keep up with styles and she has a good eye and buys clothes from the store. I honestly don't. i am most of the time in my work uniform or my pajamas. of course I dont go anywhere but my sister has a car and I dont.

Well I hope they dont bc then I would lose all the kids. And the trailer isnt that bad, its clean.
You were raised in an environment of poverty, addiction, drunkenness and deprivation so you don't understand why it is WRONG for those kids to also be raised that way.
It doesn't seem so bad to you because you have never experienced middle class life. You have no frame of reference.

Your sister has a car, buys clothes, but trades FS and WIC for drugs/drug money. KNOWING it is intended for the children. Your Mother does this too.

And you think the children should remain there.

Your views are really distorted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 03:58 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
You were raised in an environment of poverty, addiction, drunkenness and deprivation so you don't understand why it is WRONG for those kids to also be raised that way.
It doesn't seem so bad to you because you have never experienced middle class life. You have no frame of reference.

Your sister has a car, buys clothes, but trades FS and WIC for drugs/drug money. KNOWING it is intended for the children. Your Mother does this too.

And you think the children should remain there.

Your views are really distorted.
Well I try and keep the kids away from all that

And sorry but i remember in another thread you said my trailer was nasty and you said that I was dumb or something like that. So you dont seem like a very nice person, especially if you would have my family taken away.

Old 02-09-2016, 05:15 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,351 times
This thread took a left turn somewhere.

And to clarify, when I said in an earlier post that "if you start dating, show him the pic of the dress and maybe he would buy it for you", I meant as a birthday GIFT. So settle down and get your minds outta the gutter mnseca. I can.t even fathom how you extrapolated my comment insinuating that a male needs to shower OP with gifts on a first date. I meant it in a wholesome manner.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:26 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,181 times
You can't afford it. I'll repeat, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT!

Who is the date with? The guy from Kik?

You have gotten so much great advice and support but it's getting old. It's the same things over and over, you're in risk of losing your job because you went on a date with your manager. You have 7+ people living in a trailer and you're the ONLY source of income. You can't afford to spend $99 on anything. Let alone this ridiculous dress that looks like you want to be a 50s housewife.

Is this even real? I'm all for helping people and giving advice but I don't want to be wasting time on nonsense either.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:04 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,137,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
You can't afford it. I'll repeat, YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT!

Who is the date with? The guy from Kik?

You have gotten so much great advice and support but it's getting old. It's the same things over and over, you're in risk of losing your job because you went on a date with your manager. You have 7+ people living in a trailer and you're the ONLY source of income. You can't afford to spend $99 on anything. Let alone this ridiculous dress that looks like you want to be a 50s housewife.

Is this even real? I'm all for helping people and giving advice but I don't want to be wasting time on nonsense either.
Im not getting the dress I already said that. Thats why i got opinions. Im listening to the opinions. I didnt bring up my other problems its just that every time i start a thread someone else brings them up and its always the same ppl.

Yes the guy from kik. We might be going on a date at the end of this month. We are gonna meet at a public place and if we like each other we are going to see a movie.

Im concentrating on work and taking classes.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,335 times
If you like the dress then you should buy. I think you should not think about the price. Happiness is more important than other things.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,621,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
So her being a lowlife drug user who neglects an infant, while she sports fashionable garments, is a thing you post about?

Like it was just an OK thing to do?

Unbelievable.

My God I pray someone calls children's services on your family. Those kids...my skin is crawling to think of their daily life in the unheated trailer with the drunk grandma and drugged out sister.
Come on now. This thread was about a dress. Not the OP's family! Save it for another thread.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:37 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,922,529 times
9 pages and nobody told you to look on Ebay?- I searched on "modcloth gingham dress" and several showed up for around 25.00 most of them new- If you're not familiar with Ebay I can help.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:33 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,681,555 times
Quote:
could you help me pick a dress from the website? i want to impress him
Go simple, a simple skirt slightly above the knee, a white blouse, and a simple necklace. Do your hair nicely and don't overdo the makeup. Show interest in him. Take his arm when you are walking together. Act interested in him.

You won't find a boyfriend in a catalog. If the two of you click, you could be wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and he would be impressed. Just be you.

Old 02-10-2016, 10:42 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
I want to wear this for a date but Im worried its to expensive? Cookout on the Town Dress | Mod Retro Vintage Dresses | ModCloth.com

I really dont have the money to be buying it and to be honest i have never bought clothing this expensive but im thinking of doing it bc hey, you only live once the dress isnt in stock now but i chatted with a salesperson in the chat box and she says they should be in before two weeks from now though she doesnt have an exact date

is this to much money to spend on a dress for a date? do you think its worth that amount? is it okay for a date? I think the dress is super pretty and Im in love with it but wanted separate opinions. Thanks!

Too much for whom?

For me? Yes.

But it sounds like you really like it. Don't let us strangers have too much influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty