Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 11:39 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,014,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
I love it! But for spring or summer only, not for February because it has white in it.
If it.s going to strap you for cash, don.t buy it. If you end up dating the guy, show him the pic and ask him to buy it for you!
It.s kitschy-sexy 1950's housewives. Reminds me of Gretchen on The Real Housewives of Orange County and her style!
I hope you don't really do that - ask guys to buy you stuff. That's horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 11:50 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post

I really dont have the money to be buying it

Yes, too much money.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:53 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
If you end up dating the guy, show him the pic and ask him to buy it for you!

My, how very classy of you.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:39 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,285,041 times
If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Buy something great when you can afford it, and wear it with this special someone at a special occasion.

The dress will not make the guy like you more.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:52 PM

780 posts, read 681,007 times
Quote:
I want to wear this for a date but Im worried its to expensive? Cookout on the Town Dress | Mod Retro Vintage Dresses | ModCloth.com

I really dont have the money to be buying it and to be honest i have never bought clothing this expensive but im thinking of doing it bc hey, you only live once the dress isnt in stock now but i chatted with a salesperson in the chat box and she says they should be in before two weeks from now though she doesnt have an exact date

is this to much money to spend on a dress for a date? do you think its worth that amount? is it okay for a date? I think the dress is super pretty and Im in love with it but wanted separate opinions. Thanks!
Then no, you shouldn't but it.

It doesn't matter how pretty it is. How many times you intend to wear it. How awesome the guy you'll go on a date with. No. If you don't have the money to buy it, don't buy it. Buying things on credit card, despite not having the cash to pay it out asap is how you'll drown yourself into major debts.

Old 02-09-2016, 02:57 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,402,708 times
Quote:
yeah im not going to get it. I think Im just going to borrow something from my sister. she has nice stuff
Excellent! Never spend money that you do not have. Since you are young, I am going to give you some unsolicited advice: spend money on investment pieces and save what I call "cookie money." After you pay your bills and put money into savings and investments like stocks (yes, you need to do this), then you can think about buying fun things like that cute dress with your cookie money.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:17 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,889,200 times
Quote:
yeah im not going to get it. I think Im just going to borrow something from my sister. she has nice stuff
The sister who is pregnant and is a drug user and cannot care for her baby, and who sells her food stamp card meant to feed the baby, and you have to struggle to keep her from doing the same with Baby's WIC (you posted) to get drug money, has NICE CLOTHES?

Do you not see the wrongness of that?

Old 02-09-2016, 03:26 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,142,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
The sister who is pregnant and is a drug user and cannot care for her baby, and who sells her food stamp card meant to feed the baby, and you have to struggle to keep her from doing the same with Baby's WIC (you posted) to get drug money, has NICE CLOTHES?

Do you not see the wrongness of that?
and very pretty :/ thats life i guess. shes actually good at giving makeovers if I can get her to do it lol

Old 02-09-2016, 03:29 PM

3,563 posts, read 1,889,200 times
Quote:
and very pretty :/ thats life i guess. shes actually good at giving makeovers if I can get her to do it lol
So her being a lowlife drug user who neglects an infant, while she sports fashionable garments, is a thing you post about?

Like it was just an OK thing to do?

Unbelievable.

My God I pray someone calls children's services on your family. Those kids...my skin is crawling to think of their daily life in the unheated trailer with the drunk grandma and drugged out sister.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:41 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,142,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverItAll View Post
So her being a lowlife drug user who neglects an infant, while she sports fashionable garments, is a thing you post about?

Like it was just an OK thing to do?

Unbelievable.

My God I pray someone calls children's services on your family. Those kids...my skin is crawling to think of their daily life in the unheated trailer with the drunk grandma and drugged out sister.
Shes not using right now, not since she found out. And I wouldnt say she has super fashion clothes but she actually does keep up with styles and she has a good eye and buys clothes from the store. I honestly don't. i am most of the time in my work uniform or my pajamas. of course I dont go anywhere but my sister has a car and I dont.

Well I hope they dont bc then I would lose all the kids. And the trailer isnt that bad, its clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty