Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 AM

109 posts, read 91,752 times

Advertisements

I guess they have no confidence in their legs (because of hairy legs, bent legs) so they dont want to dresses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 01:49 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,134,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marrychen View Post
I guess they have no confidence in their legs so they dont want to dresses.
WRONG.

Many women who don't do dresses wear shorts all summer, I am one of them.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:11 AM

249 posts, read 426,830 times
My wife, who is Japanese (where people still put a little more effort into their clothing than in most of the West) wears skirts or dresses every single day, unless we're going out to do something athletic. She can't understand why a woman would value the slight increase in physical convenience that wearing pants would bring compared to what she gains from dressing in a dignified manner. And I've been spoiled by this wonderful look of hers. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Here is a totally random photo of a woman in the kind of clothes she wears every day.

She even makes sure to switch from beige tights/pantyhose in the summer to black in the autumn, then to thick ones in the winter, and will feel self-conscious about having the "wrong" color if the weather is an aberration. Her legs are not that long, but they look great. (She says that the normal stockings you can find in any Japanese convenience store are of much higher quality than those found abroad, and that they don't itch in the least.)

This goes double when we're visiting my family in the USA. Other women would ask her what she was "all dressed up for". At only 5' 4", she doesn't exactly have a model's body, but her clothing choices more than make up for it.

And her commitment to never looking like a slob and maintaining that timeless dignity has inspired me to do the same in many unconscious ways. Last winter we were at my parents' house for Christmas and I had to visit the bank, and I put a tie on, and family members were laughing at me because supposedly that tradition has been dead for 30 years in the USA. But I get better treatment from people around me when I wear that stuff, and so does my better half.

Ladies, if you ever want to instantly raise your attractiveness to men, try mothballing all your pants and dressing more feminine. What do you have to lose? As a man, I always want to look attractive to the women around me (even if I'm happily "taken"), because life is just more pleasant when the people around you don't look like they just crawled out of bed. I know this is a minority opinion these days, but I like the culture of dressing for others and not for oneself.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:34 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,484,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schermerhorn View Post
My wife, who is Japanese (where people still put a little more effort into their clothing than in most of the West) wears skirts or dresses every single day, unless we're going out to do something athletic. She can't understand why a woman would value the slight increase in physical convenience that wearing pants would bring compared to what she gains from dressing in a dignified manner. And I've been spoiled by this wonderful look of hers. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Here is a totally random photo of a woman in the kind of clothes she wears every day.

She even makes sure to switch from beige tights/pantyhose in the summer to black in the autumn, then to thick ones in the winter, and will feel self-conscious about having the "wrong" color if the weather is an aberration. Her legs are not that long, but they look great. (She says that the normal stockings you can find in any Japanese convenience store are of much higher quality than those found abroad, and that they don't itch in the least.)

This goes double when we're visiting my family in the USA. Other women would ask her what she was "all dressed up for". At only 5' 4", she doesn't exactly have a model's body, but her clothing choices more than make up for it.

And her commitment to never looking like a slob and maintaining that timeless dignity has inspired me to do the same in many unconscious ways. Last winter we were at my parents' house for Christmas and I had to visit the bank, and I put a tie on, and family members were laughing at me because supposedly that tradition has been dead for 30 years in the USA. But I get better treatment from people around me when I wear that stuff, and so does my better half.

Ladies, if you ever want to instantly raise your attractiveness to men, try mothballing all your pants and dressing more feminine. What do you have to lose? As a man, I always want to look attractive to the women around me (even if I'm happily "taken"), because life is just more pleasant when the people around you don't look like they just crawled out of bed. I know this is a minority opinion these days, but I like the culture of dressing for others and not for oneself.
Sorry. Not interested. I've got better things to do.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:04 AM

37,839 posts, read 46,449,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbythecat View Post
A kitten heel. Uh huh. Sounds like it would be great for sloshing through puddles or carrying/splitting firewood./sarcasm

Seriously, I only wear athletic style shoes - running shoes or hiking shoes. Thats all. Ever. Nothing else works for my country life.
I hate "kitten heels". I think they are the ugliest heel you can put on a shoe. That said, I love a good pair of heels, I think they completely change the impact of an outfit. I work in an office, so occasionally I do pull out a pair and wear them to work. Not always the most comfortable shoes, (although I do have some I can wear all day long with no problem) I often take a pair of flats with me as well.

That said, I certainly don't take high heels with me when we go camping, or hiking, or to the beach for that matter. I don't think anyone would expect someone that is " living the country life" to have much use for high heels, or dresses for that matter.

Old 10-09-2015, 08:22 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,232,376 times
Lol I honestly could care less about what other women like to wear.
Yesterday the weather was beautiful....

80 degrees, sunny & perfect.
I put on my brand new red dress, had a few drinks & enjoyed time off

Old 10-09-2015, 09:09 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Answer to the thread?

Obesity.
You did NOT read the thread at all

Old 10-09-2015, 09:10 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,585,263 times
Because my thighs rub together, and I can't sit like a guy, and it's not comfortable and I don't have the greatest legs, and I haven't shaved my legs and they are white as heck.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:13 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Right? I mean, trying to "raise our value" to perfect strangers? What the hell is that about? Doncha *love* these old fashioned attitudes. I suppose next us *women folk* ought not be heard, but seen, on the arms of our men! Maybe walk 2 steps behind them at all times, too! The idea of not being attractive if fabric is wrapped around our legs instead individually instead of as a whole (perhaps because bummer, they can't use their cell phones to get a view up there) is absurd. Skirts and dresses are just more old-fashioned, is what it comes down too.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:49 AM

28,226 posts, read 37,065,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Right? I mean, trying to "raise our value" to perfect strangers? What the hell is that about? Doncha *love* these old fashioned attitudes. I suppose next us *women folk* ought not be heard, but seen, on the arms of our men! Maybe walk 2 steps behind them at all times, too! The idea of not being attractive if fabric is wrapped around our legs instead individually instead of as a whole (perhaps because bummer, they can't use their cell phones to get a view up there) is absurd. Skirts and dresses are just more old-fashioned, is what it comes down too.
I love skirts and dresses, but I am not wearing them to attract the "male gaze." I do believe looking put together is a good way to put your best foot forward, but put together can mean any sort of outfit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty