Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:58 AM

37,801 posts, read 46,309,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
I swear that this country is going Muslum !
Forget the heat, heaven forbid that we show any skin.
Hopefully the Dept of Fashion police never get rolled into Homeland Security.
You are Looney tunes. It has nothing to do with showing skin. You asked for
Opinions, and now you know. You are in the minority, clearly. Short sleeved dress shirts look dorky. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 11:00 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,802,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with short-sleeved casual shirts like this for Summer wear.

http://www.patagonia.com/tsimages/52...ns=progressive

But the OP seemed to be pretty clearly talking about dress shirts, not casual shirts.
I think this is key.

I think short-sleeved camp shirts, etc. are fine. But I got the sense from the OP, yes, that he/she was talking about dress shirts v. casual or business casual.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:11 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,306,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Opinions, and now you know. You are in the minority, clearly. Short sleeved dress shirts look dorky. Period.
NickofDiamonds isn't the OP.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:25 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,824,339 times
I can appreciate Navy whites all day long, Tabula. Yummy.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:30 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,802,102 times
Right? Raaar.

Some of the guys hate them, actually, though. Women seem to not mind them. They're also known colloquially as the "milkman" or "Good Humor" uniforms. Most do like them better than the "choker" whites, though, which are oppressively hot, white colored or no.

I think they're sharp. Of course, Chiefs love their khakis, because they're special to just them. But to be honest, the whites are waaaaay more attractive.

Anyway. One of the few examples of short-sleeved men's work attire to get the thumbs up from li'l ol' me.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 06-24-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 06-24-2015, 11:39 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,269,243 times
My husband has one of those in green. It's my favorite because it just looks so damn good on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BATCAT View Post
I don't think there is anything wrong with short-sleeved casual shirts like this for Summer wear.

[URL]http://www.patagonia.com/tsimages/52930_CSNV.fpx?ftr=8&cvt=jpeg,scans=progressive[/URL]

But the OP seemed to be pretty clearly talking about dress shirts, not casual shirts.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:48 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,970,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
No, I'm afraid you're the only one. No matter what the folks at Sears, J.C. Penney, K-Mart, and other purveyors of fine men's clothing will tell you, there is no such thing as a short-sleeve dress shirt.

Look at this picture and tell me who looks good.
Now, now, let's not make fun of Sears, as far as clothing goes. They have the same clothes as other retailers, just at more reasonable prices.

I have worn, on occasion, a short-sleeve dress shirt, when the temps were at 95 for a solid week. Sometimes comfort does matter.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:57 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,970,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Looove the rolled up sleeves! It gives of a casual, devil-may-care vibe.
When rolling up my sleeves, I've never thought of myself as showing a "devil-may-care" attitude....but I will now, of course.

Look at now dynamic I am! I can just take on the world, since nothing can stop me now, with my rolled-up sleeves!

Old 06-24-2015, 01:11 PM

2,222 posts, read 2,358,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Sweetheart Mom, I never asked you for your opinion, exclamation mark

But, now I am, what part of dorky does wearing a short sleeve shirt make one, other then maybe not looking cool but being cool ?
Also, is there a specific Looney Tune character that are you referring to ?
I'm trying to figure out if maybe this is a backhanded compliment

Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,269,243 times
Damn straight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
When rolling up my sleeves, I've never thought of myself as showing a "devil-may-care" attitude....but I will now, of course.

Look at now dynamic I am! I can just take on the world, since nothing can stop me now, with my rolled-up sleeves!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty