Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 05:32 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,266,551 times

Advertisements

My mother wore Jovan Musk pretty often when I was a kid. I still like the way it smells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 05:47 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,198,781 times
I wear a spritz of Arden's Blue Grass now. I bought it on Overstock.com when I hadn't seen it anywhere in quite some time. It has come down in price.

When I was much, much younger I liked White Shoulders, Jolie Madame, Fleurs de Rocaille (I'd really like to get that scent again), Fame.

My mom liked Bellodgia, which I'd love to smell again, but I don't think I'd ever wear it.

There are some older scents on Overstock.com. I've also seen quite a few at Vermont Country Store.

Alas, Fame appears to be gone forever. (Fame by Parfums Corday.)

Old 06-23-2015, 07:06 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Sweet Honesty by Avon!

One that is apparently no longer produced and that I miss terribly is Princess Marcella de Borghese. I can't find it anywhere. It wasn't a drug store perfume but wow, it was fabulous.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:38 PM

3,979 posts, read 8,186,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Yes. I really like Estee by Estee Lauder. I've worn it since it came out in the early 70's. I tried different scents over the years but I've always came back to Estee. People have always stopped me to asked me what I'm wearing. I decided long ago that if that many people like it then its definitely a keeper. Must be something about my chemistry.

Larry I know just what you mean. People don't realize that you get used to it so you cant smell it. Other people can though. Some people wear so much it takes your breath away. When I worked there were dueling perfume ladies. One used Opium. If she couldn't smell it she sprayed.
ESTEE since the 70s, too. Used to switch back then from Youth Dew to Estee, but I always got more comments from the guys when t I wore Estee. Still do and it still smells the same on me. My husband bought me Youth Dew one year remembering I used to use the one in the Blue bottle sometimes when we started dating , but I ended up bringing it back because it now smelled like straight rubbing alcohol on me.
Retired now, but people are still always asking what I wear because it smells so good.
I am not a fan of the newer Este Lauder fragrances.

Old 06-23-2015, 07:46 PM

722 posts, read 1,330,435 times
anybody like BRUT aftershave? thats been around for a while and it's still popular

Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,902,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post

The proper way to wear scent is very subtly. A man should not be able to smell a woman until he gets into kissing range. If he learns to associate the scent with the touch of you, the merest hint of it will short circuit his brain. It's a wonderful adjunct to romance.

Unfortunately, the proper use of scent is almost a lost art. Far too many people think that if a little is good, a lot is better. Women are not the only offenders. Some young guys use enough body spray to kill flies at 10'.

^^^I am a middle aged man and still remember the fragrances many of my GFs wore years ago. It shouldn't be as strong as OFF! though lots of women and men do so. Gag me. You should be able to smell it if your nose is in her hair. I later learned to prefer the smell of bare skin.

Old 06-23-2015, 08:39 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,311,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
anybody like BRUT aftershave? thats been around for a while and it's still popular
A guy at work wears that and he smells great!

Old 06-23-2015, 09:10 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,182,532 times
I used to love White Shoulders. I don't even know if they make it anymore.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:36 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,468,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My mom always lived in Estee Lauder's White Linen, but of recent years, she's converted to Lancome Tresor as her signature scent.
Those scents are very different from one another. However, I'm glad she switched, even though I don't know her, since White Linen is one of my most despised scents and I wish they would stop making it!

Old 06-24-2015, 01:17 AM

21,560 posts, read 8,739,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I used to love White Shoulders. I don't even know if they make it anymore.
Yes, they do. You might have to order it online, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty